What's new

Hello you most likely fine people!

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
Al a ka zam

Very cool!
Sounds much like one of my Native American friends who is a "healer".
One must get permission from the subject before healing can commence. If no permission is granted, then one cannot heal them as it will not work.
And yes, she was told that there are those who will block either consciously or subconsciously the act of healing. In those cases, it will not work. -PWC

This is a good point and can be a huge barrio in someone overcoming a physical or mental issue. I have seen EFT practitioners get people to look at how some pain or disability is "benefiting" them in some way (if the treatment isn't working) and by them then becoming aware of this the block they had been putting up subconsciously is sometimes removed.

Cool beans. :thumbsup:

I have had this "energy" for some time although I was not aware of what I had until about 10 years ago. The proof is to weird to believe. :yes:

I am sure that many modes of healing share the common rules of this universe. "Permission" seems to be part of the foundation of mystical healing. :confused2:

Even the placebo effect, oddly enough, is a healing mode as the subject is actually experiencing change in condition. Where or how that change comes about is a many faceted, perhaps never-ending discussion, research and knowledge base. :confused2:

I'd not heard of EFT before today. A quick bit of searching and my bullshit detectors were on "Yellow alert" with a few red sirens warming up.

I recognize this does not constitute an argument that EFT is bullshit, but the warning signs of promising the earth and moon, urgency-inventing "limited time offer" language, dubious testimonials and a lack of connection to anything like peer-reviewed, professional mental health just set my hackles up: "Where have I heard this kind of talk before?"

I understand the temptation to seek a less-expensive-looking 'fix' to deal with a mental-health issue, but short-term obecalp benefits can backfire long-term. Taking control of one's mental health includes taking advantage of the rigorous, collaborative work of the mental health profession. Just because it has identifiable shortcomings doesn't mean some slick-sounding 'new' thing sold out of the trunk of a car is going to be better.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I'd not heard of EFT before today. A quick bit of searching and my bullshit detectors were on "Yellow alert" with a few red sirens warming up.

I recognize this does not constitute an argument that EFT is bullshit, but the warning signs of promising the earth and moon, urgency-inventing "limited time offer" language, dubious testimonials and a lack of connection to anything like peer-reviewed, professional mental health just set my hackles up: "Where have I heard this kind of talk before?"

Some studies *have* already appeared in professional peer-reviewed journals. Others are in progress or planned. If you did a one-minute search on Google you'd find some.

You might want to look a little deeper into it before making a comparison with the scientology scam. The main promoter of EFT (Gary Craig) gave away much of his work for years now, including a free manual. Back when he used to sell some instuctional DVD's he gave the buyers the right to make 100 copies of them and give them away for free.

Here is some info with regards to the current state of research:

"While many important EFT research questions remain to be answered, a great deal of groundwork is already in place: EFT has been researched in more than 7 countries, by more than 50 investigators, whose results have been published in more than 15 different peer-reviewed journals, including top-tier journals such as Journal of Clinical Psychology and the APA journals Psychotherapy: Theory, Research, Practice, Training and Review of General Psychology. EFT research includes investigators affiliated with many different institutions. In the US, these range from Harvard Medical School, to the University of California at Berkeley, to City University of New York, to Walter Reed Army Medical Center (USUHS), to Texas A&M University. Institutions in other countries whose faculty have contributed to EFT research include Lund University (Sweden), Ankara University (Turkey), Santo Tomas University (Philippines), Lister Hospital (England), Cesar Vallejo University (Peru), and Griffith University (Australia). The wide variety of institutions, peer-reviewed journals, investigators, and settings that have, in independent research, found EFT to be efficacious, are one indication of the breadth of existing research results. The next frontier of EFT research is replication of the studies that have not yet been replicated, and investigations into the physiological changes that occur during EFT, using such tools as DNA microarrays (gene chips), MEGs (magnetoencephalograms), fMRIs, and neurotransmitter and hormone assays."
http://www.eftuniverse.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=18&Itemid=11

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Hi,

Thanks for picking up a mask and using it at protests. :)

I had some positive effects from scientology. But overall, it was a scam.

If EFT helps keep your Schizophrenia and Bipolar in check, I say good for you. Most people require medixcation for the first disorder and behavior modification on the bipolar.

Whatever works.... to each his own.

Mary