What's new

Hello

Hello, Im new. Not an ex scientologist. Seriously interested in activism (england based). Been lurking around forums like this for a year or so, and interested to hear peoples stories (I could literally watch/read peoples stories all day sometimes!). Im a university student but in the interest of anonymity I wont mention too much about that. Just how wary of fair gaming do activists need to be?, surely it would not be too much trouble for the COS to read these things and try to pick up details about the posters. Particularly if you are registered with an email that is registered in your name and such. Love to hear from you guys

Themanwithnoface

Last edited:

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
:welcome:

I was dreadfully fearful of OSA when I showed up, that was the mindset they instilled in me back in the day.

I have since been disabused (hah) of this, I could care less about them now knowing how many people are speaking out against them, I am a nobody in the lake.

I have stopped worrying about anonymity, I won't hide behind their fear curtain anymore. That is their problem not mine anymore. ESMB is a great place to let go your fears, stories, and read about others.

truth is spoken freely in ESMB.

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hello,

Having no face, or wearing a mask for that matter does not necessarily mean they, meaning the scientologists do not know who you are.

I suppose it all depends on your level of activism and also whether or not they see you as a threat, also who you know.

Writing on message boards, also does not mean they don't already have information on you. One of the reasons I am pretty upfront. I am not trying to disuade you from activism but it is best you know they have and do find out information on any one they see as an enemy. It appears to be one of the key things in scientology that does work.

Private Investigations.

Welcome to ESMB.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Just how wary of fair gaming do activists need to be?, surely it would not be too much trouble for the COS to read these things and try to pick up details about the posters.

It depends how much of an activist you are. I've posted well over 10,000 items to this forum and others under my real name, and have a dozen websites devoted to Scn and related subjects. I say exactly what I want to say without holding back. I have not seen or heard one peep from OSA since I "came out" in 2004, beyond getting declared (which doesn't count).

But in terms of real world activism, I don't do any. I attended a few Anonymous protests at my local org in 2008, but that's all. I don't do radio shows or push "my story" or whatever around to media outlets. I also don't have any friends or family in the cult. I used to have some friends who disconnected from me, but that wasn't hugely upsetting as I got more and better friends pretty soon after.

If you intend to picket in front of an org to a large extent, you may get some fair game actions going on. It depends how disruptive you are. If you get a lot of media about the CofS (I assume it won't be glowing!), you might attract unwanted attention from them. But if you are pretty low-key, nothing is going to happen.

Paul

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Hello, Im new. Not an ex scientologist. Seriously interested in activism (england based). Been lurking around forums like this for a year or so, and interested to hear peoples stories (I could literally watch/read peoples stories all day sometimes!). Im a university student but in the interest of anonymity I wont mention too much about that. Just how wary of fair gaming do activists need to be?, surely it would not be too much trouble for the COS to read these things and try to pick up details about the posters. Particularly if you are registered with an email that is registered in your name and such. Love to hear from you guys

Themanwithnoface

Welcome, themanwithnoface!

All activists at protests need to be cautious - of what they allow to be shown of themselves, of what they say and do, modified by how willing they are to have their personal information exposed by the cult.

As far as the forums go, the above applies if you anonymously post specific details that can be formed into an identifying conclusion by the cult.

No one reading this forum can know the email addess you registered with except the forum owner, Emma, who keeps that info confidential.

You really have nothing to fear here.

Mary McConnell

greebly

Patron with Honors
Welcome!

To be honest it is a personal choice, the best way to mentally and practically prepare is to work on the assumption you will named at some stage.

In the UK, many anons details have been posted either by themselves or found elsewhere yet OSA has done little about it. On some occasions they have got names wrong or posted letters to incorrect addresses.

So as said it is a personal choice we still wear masks to create an image of sorts and to get people asking questions.

On another matter if you protest which you are free to do, it is on your own merit, people make thier assumptions or thoughts based on what they see and hear.

The police have always upheld the law as they should do and after 2 years 4 months of protesting here are some stats for you on london:

104 protests
100 calls to the police(94 confirmed due to last FOI request)
0 arrests
0 cautions
0 screened in crimes/incidents
Over 500 hours of protests.
11 observations of potential street trading license abuse in 4 councils.

Most of the protesters I have met are intelligent, hard working, law abiding citizens. Each has thier own personal views and that is expressed as is thier right. When I talk to the public I simply state what I have read or watched or been told in person and that is how it will continue. In general an image is formed of this group of strange folk speaking out, in the hope one day everyone knows who suffered in some way over the last 50 years.

Watch the videos below and hopefully we may see you at the megaraid 4th-6th June.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Hopefully I'll be there, I need to buy or make a mask. If I can afford the petrol
Then I'll be there for sure. This might be a stupid question but would it be sensible to hide tattoos? I have a fair few and I guess that's a fairly good form of I.d. The problem is , most of mine are fairly visible. Might be the time to invest in a burkha I think

greebly

Patron with Honors
Well it's upto yourself how much you wish to protect your ID.

There are alot of threads on wwp that can help with that, just be careful you don't fall into the paranoia/tinfoil trap.

Wearing clothing to cover all your shown flesh would not be very nice as the weather hots up, perhaps a coat of some sort while protesting then remove post-game etc.

Personally I am not to bothered about being named considering I have given my 1st name to 3 scientologists and the 1st protest I went to with no mask at all.

One fun game is when your talking to the public I raise my mask but you watch the usual paparazzi that float around with the 3megapixel cams. Just as they raise it slightly to take a good pic, down goes the mask:p After the 5th attempt they normally give up.

C&D letters are also considered prized possessions as we are not worthy of nice goldenrods:(....

Have a good long read of wwp, avoiding trolls and the % of spam.

Awesome, what are C&D letters, and what are goldenrods?. Im really surprised protesters haven't gone crazy before and just been tempted to all burst into the shop to tear the place up. Some protests the protesters outnumber scientologists and police many times over. Im not saying thats a good idea, its just with people as passionate about the cause as anonymous Im surprised their instinct hasn't kicked in a little too hard.

greebly

Patron with Honors
People stay within the law at all times and respect the relationship with the police and the community.

If you look through the postgames(and back to 95-2000) you will notice the times situations occur and how they are dealt with.

I don't know of any real protesting on this level before it is quite a unique situation.

From this point on you are best either turning up to one and taking part as then many can provide all the stories and events that have occured.

He-man

Hero extraordinary
Awesome, what are C&D letters, and what are goldenrods?. Im really surprised protesters haven't gone crazy before and just been tempted to all burst into the shop to tear the place up. Some protests the protesters outnumber scientologists and police many times over. Im not saying thats a good idea, its just with people as passionate about the cause as anonymous Im surprised their instinct hasn't kicked in a little too hard.

C&D, I´m guessing Cease and decist.

Goldenrod, piece fo paper from the church "ethics" department telling you how bad you are, normally referring to an sp-declare.

Also, welcome. :)

Anonycat

Crusader
Hopefully I'll be there, I need to buy or make a mask. If I can afford the petrol
Then I'll be there for sure. This might be a stupid question but would it be sensible to hide tattoos? I have a fair few and I guess that's a fairly good form of I.d. The problem is , most of mine are fairly visible. Might be the time to invest in a burkha I think

Yes, it would be sensible. If you do wish to remain anonymous, tattoos could let passers-by - such as friends, co-workers, and other associates recognise you. Which you may not want, for personal reasons.

Anonycat

Crusader

That would be foolish and counter-productive. A couple of fools could do great damage to the protest culture. Any loonie who got the notion to do something stupid at a protest would realize that they'd then have an angry mob directed at them.

ALWAYS protest within the guidelines of local laws. Get permits, if required. Check mask laws in your area. And for goodness sakes, you are representing a large effort, so be especially good mannered and helpful.