Hello

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
I may write up a KR on the things I saw in Scientology some day. Today is not that day, but thank you for the welcome everybody. I appreciate getting in comm with all the former members, those who do Scientology and those who don't. I've been thinking of how to create a personal and ethical Code of Honor. Just for me, you know? I never liked "Never fear to hurt another in a just cause" and things like that. I think examining Dynamics is useful, but I think it is used to hurt people rather than help people. Some of this is LRH, some of this is COB, I'm just working on what works for me. So I'm just revisiting the first assumptions of Scientology for myself. Why these 8 dynamics, why this tone scale, etc. and looking at how this tech can improve lives rather than what happens in Scientology.

Welcome Theetie!
:welcome2:

I wouldn't bother with the Knowledge Report. Seriously. Those days are gone, in reality. Whatever beef you have will just get justified, especially if it had anything to do with your money, your time or an injustice.
I found that to be true several years ago when I left and it hasn't gotten any better since. Or people wouldn't keep leaving. :duh:
Just live your life, encounter new situations and embrace them and learn what you've missed for 18 years in a cult.
There's so many great threads to read here. Someone can likely direct you to a good selection....
Looking forward to your stories!

Last edited:

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome Theetie!
:welcome2:

I wouldn't bother with the Knowledge Report. Seriously. Those days are gone, in reality. Whatever beef you have will just get justified, especially if it had anything to do with your money, your time or an injustice.
I found that to be true several years ago when I left and it hasn't gotten any better since. Or people wouldn't keep leaving. :duh:
Just life your life, encounter new situations and embrace them and learn what you've missed for 18 years in a cult.
There's so many great threads to read here. Someone can likely direct you to a good selection....
Looking forward to your stories!

Also, if you write up a damaging enough KR and do send it uplines, you will become a target. Seriously. Been there and done that. Really not a good time.

TheetieWheatie

While I am not into Reforming Scientology, you could look at this website, which might answer some questions for you, and give you some history on the COS & Dianetics.

http://reformscientology.wordpress.com/

And my oh my how history repeats itself, consider this article by Mike Goldstein, and compare it to the present time United States Indie movement.

http://reformscientology.wordpress.com/a-shift-in-viewpoint/

That's a good site, I like all of the proposed reforms. I've read some things about the US and European Indie movements. I see some mixed practices, which are not for me. I think my ex-husband does some eastern stuff, but I don't know much about it. More power to them if they work for other people. Most of the differences among the Indies seem to be about the sequence of advanced courses. When you do NOTS, who wrote NOTS, when you do various OTs or Ls or any of those. Maybe eventually I will get back to worrying about the upper levels. For now I'm in the basement thinking about the basic ideas.