What's new

Hello

TheetieWheatie

Hello, I was in Scientology for 18 years, public, on staff, public again, and now free of a group that has altered LRH beyond recognition. I apologize in advance that I may tell some untruths about myself. I am not anxious to be identified, so from time to time I will modify some details about myself. If y'all could refrain from pointing out these errors I'd appreciate it, it will only make me more nervous about being identified. Since I declared my departure (I was never declared by them), I have been working on creating new flows, increasing my income, and working to handle my case. I had great wins in Scientology, but I don't feel the altered tech is effective for me. If you can't apply Scientology in a practical way, I don't think it's Scientology any more. My email is [email protected].

My main interest is in looking at the grade chart as LRH intended it, cutting out all the altered tech and concentrating on what is real for me. Ever since I read Dianetics I have found LRH's writings to be real for me, and his is the stable data that I want to apply.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi, TW, and :welcome: :wave:. Yep, lots of posters alter their stories enough to keep identity anonymous. Not to many here are big on tech though. But I hope you will read and explore . . .

Glad you are out. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the board!

I don't think you will find many fans of the Tech here.

They might think you are Theetie Weetie.

Wait, you are Theetie Wheetie (I'm just kidding)

But you are welcomed here and we are interested in your story.

The Anabaptist Jacques

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
welcome.gif

and congratulations on leaving scientology! :thumbsup:

Most people here don't use the 'tech' anymore but you may find these threads and posts in these sections here helpful in your endeavor

Scientology technology
http://www.forum.exscn.net/forumdisplay.php?42-Scientology-technology

Evaluating/criticising Scientology
What is your criticism? Are all criticisms valid?
http://www.forum.exscn.net/forumdisplay.php?39-Evaluating-criticising-Scientology

Freezone, Independents, and other flavors of scientology
http://www.forum.exscn.net/forumdis...Independents-and-other-flavors-of-scientology

Reading the stories of others available on the internet is so important for people who have left or are considering leaving.

Leaving the Church
Whether you are thinking of leaving or have already left, tell us about it here
http://www.forum.exscn.net/forumdisplay.php?38-Leaving-the-Church

Best wishes,

Mary

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome Theetie Wheatie. Glad to have you over here. I understand that you want to keep your identity secret. I am pretending to be a class 9 auditor from AOLA named Dean Blair. There is a lot to read here at ESMB and you should be able to find some good stuff. Most of us aren't that interested in the "tech" and Dr. L Ron Hubbard but as I found out the other day there are a few around here who are.:welcome:

David C Gibbons

Ex-Scientology Peon
Welcome - expect the unexpected here - there are a lot of wildly varying viewpoints. Without the straight jacket of Scientology 'ethics' and prevention of any sort of 'unapproved' communication, there is a lot of 'free thinking' going on.

Some folks here feel VERY strongly about the Church, L. Ron Hubbard, what happened to them, what happened to others, the 'Tech', the workability or unworkability thereof, Miscavage, you name it. AND they are not shy about expressing their opinions about any of the above, or about other's opinions about any of the above.

It's seldom boring around here….

Happy Days

:welcome2: Theetie Wheatie to ESMB

There are many views here on the tech, Hubbard et al... but know this any movement away from the CoS is a move in the right direction, so well done.

Now for the rest of you 'Panty Waisted' bunch of dilettantes ... all I have so say is .... continue :biggrin:

Hello "Theetie"! Welcome to the board, we must be cousins! :biggrin: (See my nickname...LOL!) :buzzin:

I'm very glad that you are out of the Cult of COS and that you joined us here. I wish you all the best as you create a great new life for yourself with total Freedom to be, do and have! :thumbsup: Yippee! Freedom rules! :happydance:

Don't worry about altering details, which is totally okay, or feel you have to share anything really personal...just read and get acquainted with us a bit, and join in conversations when you feel like it.

People here LOVE to tell their own and hear other people's stories about their experiences with the COS. I'm sure, that after 18 years in, you experienced much that you could tell us about, but feel free to take your time, learn the ropes a bit here, and share only what you feel comfortable with. :)

Good for you for acting on your own determinism! :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard! :)

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Hello "Theetie"! Welcome to the board, we must be cousins! :biggrin: (See my nickname...LOL!) :buzzin:

For those that don't understand this comm... :)

Theetie-weetie: Someone who has the attitude that everything is all “sweetness and light” while not facing reality at all. –OEC – Out-Tech App Mar 91

Theetie-Weetie Case.. 1. he operates in a totally psychotic way while being totally serene. The valence is all the way up at tone 40 and the pc is all the way down at minus eight. (SH Spec 2, 6105C12) 2 . a “sweetness and light” case at the extreme top of the graph who will go to graph bottom…. people are in “serene” valences (meaning they are wholly overwhelmed as a thetan). (HCOB 5 Jun 61) 3 . is high on the OCA/APA yet makes no progress…. (BTB 12 Jul 62) – Scn Tech Dict

Reasonable

Hello, I was in Scientology for 18 years, public,I had great wins in Scientology, but I don't feel the altered tech is effective for me. ..

My main interest is in looking at the grade chart as LRH intended it, cutting out all the altered tech and concentrating on what is real for me. Ever since I read Dianetics I have found LRH's writings to be real for me, and his is the stable data that I want to apply.

I am not mocking you because I find some usefulness in auditing and in the admin and conditions but I really do want to know how do you feel about the idea of "Body Thetans" and the literalness of the OT story. "If you hear it and are not ready then it will stir up your case and you could die"?

Xenu and Teegiack. Do you believe that literally?

Do you think that there is really immortal spiritual freedom at the end of the bridge?

How do you feel about the ruthlesssness of LRH to children like Sharon Stainforth?
like http://xscientologywomen.com/2013/01/06/sharone-stainforth-a-scientology-child/

My Opinion of LRH changed a lot since I have been out. But I admit I have gotten wins as well. I think Hubbard was a deeply flawed yet very organized egotistical man who also had some good insights but did not apply many of his priniciples on himself.

He was also a con man and a liar. I think he helped some people and ruined more.

Again I am not mocking you but I really do hope you do some reading and give us your honest thoughts on these question.

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Welcome to ESMB! Love your nick!

One thing I'd like to recommend is going full PTS type D and keep an open mind!

The people here on ESMB are a wonderful mix of indies, exes, critics, all willing to openly share their opinions.

Have fun.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome Theetie Wheatie.:clap:

So glad you are here with all of Us. :thumbsup:

I knew El Ron, personally. Sometime when you've got some time to waste you might read a bit of the "Shooting Stars" Thread. It's about my life and times in personal service to El Ron on the Apollo. :coolwink: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?21698-Shooting-Stars&p=525100&viewfull=1#post525100

Would love to hear some stuff about your 18 years in Scn...whenever you feel like it and are of a mind to. :yes:

Face:)

TheetieWheatie

I may write up a KR on the things I saw in Scientology some day. Today is not that day, but thank you for the welcome everybody. I appreciate getting in comm with all the former members, those who do Scientology and those who don't. I've been thinking of how to create a personal and ethical Code of Honor. Just for me, you know? I never liked "Never fear to hurt another in a just cause" and things like that. I think examining Dynamics is useful, but I think it is used to hurt people rather than help people. Some of this is LRH, some of this is COB, I'm just working on what works for me. So I'm just revisiting the first assumptions of Scientology for myself. Why these 8 dynamics, why this tone scale, etc. and looking at how this tech can improve lives rather than what happens in Scientology.

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
I may write up a KR on the things I saw in Scientology some day. Today is not that day, but thank you for the welcome everybody. I appreciate getting in comm with all the former members, those who do Scientology and those who don't. I've been thinking of how to create a personal and ethical Code of Honor. Just for me, you know? I never liked "Never fear to hurt another in a just cause" and things like that. I think examining Dynamics is useful, but I think it is used to hurt people rather than help people. Some of this is LRH, some of this is COB, I'm just working on what works for me. So I'm just revisiting the first assumptions of Scientology for myself. Why these 8 dynamics, why this tone scale, etc. and looking at how this tech can improve lives rather than what happens in Scientology.

Welcome Theetie, hope to hear your story when you are ready.

This may be a dumb question to a Scientologist or an Ex but why would an individual need to create a personal, ethical code of conduct?
Something is acceptable for me to do or say or not. It feels right or it doesn't. Some boundaries have changed as I have grown older but my core ethical beliefs haven't changed since childhood. Is this a requirement for Scientologists?

TheetieWheatie

Welcome Theetie, hope to hear your story when you are ready.

This may be a dumb question to a Scientologist or an Ex but why would an individual need to create a personal, ethical code of conduct?
Something is acceptable for me to do or say or not. It feels right or it doesn't. Some boundaries have changed as I have grown older but my core ethical beliefs haven't changed since childhood. Is this a requirement for Scientologists?

Scientology has a Code of Honor written by LRH. You can find it on the Scientology web site if you like. He said it was not meant to be followed too strictly, but that part is pretty much ignored. He said "An ethical code cannot be enforced. Any effort to enforce the Code of Honor would bring it to the level of a moral code. It cannot be enforced simply because it is a way of life which can exist as a way of life only as long as it is not enforced." So if he never meant to enforce a code of honor, I am free to make my own. I think I can benefit from looking at how I make ethical decisions, and try to set personal guidelines of behavior. It's just something I'm exploring. The code of honor is used in Scientology to convince people to make unethical choices, rather than ethical ones. "Never fear to hurt" etc etc. Same with the dynamics. It's supposed to be the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics, but it turns out that more money for Scientology is the only dynamic. That's not how it's written, but that is the way it is applied.

Gib

Crusader
Hello, I was in Scientology for 18 years, public, on staff, public again, and now free of a group that has altered LRH beyond recognition. I apologize in advance that I may tell some untruths about myself. I am not anxious to be identified, so from time to time I will modify some details about myself. If y'all could refrain from pointing out these errors I'd appreciate it, it will only make me more nervous about being identified. Since I declared my departure (I was never declared by them), I have been working on creating new flows, increasing my income, and working to handle my case. I had great wins in Scientology, but I don't feel the altered tech is effective for me. If you can't apply Scientology in a practical way, I don't think it's Scientology any more. My email is [email protected].

While I am not into Reforming Scientology, you could look at this website, which might answer some questions for you, and give you some history on the COS & Dianetics.

http://reformscientology.wordpress.com/

And my oh my how history repeats itself, consider this article by Mike Goldstein, and compare it to the present time United States Indie movement.

http://reformscientology.wordpress.com/a-shift-in-viewpoint/