What's new

Help for Haiti? NOT!!!!

Sandie

Patron with Honors
After I was told They would not send any more stuff to me, a year or so ago, this arrived in my email today....:angry:
Im thinking of sending them a memo to clean up their own backyard first before trying to help others:whistling:

You're receiving this email because of your relationship with ABLE International. Please confirm your continued interest in receiving email from us.

You may unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive our emails.

Association for Better Living and Education International
February 18, 2010 - HAITI - The work of rebuilding has only just begun

Greetings!

While the outpouring of support and sympathy for Haiti has been tremendous, the work to rebuild the shattered lives of this nation has only barely begun.

Haiti, Downtown Port-au-Prince, Photo: IFRC/Eric Quintero (p-HTI0124), under Creative Commons license

As the Association for Better Living and Education, we hold the tools in our hands this nation needs to truly get on its feet again and ascend the world stage as a flourishing and prospering nation. From Applied Scholastics® to Narconon® to Criminon® to The Way to Happiness®, ALL of our solutions are needed there.

But the most immediate and most embracive program we have is The Way to Happiness.

WHY THE WAY TO HAPPINESS?

Once the needs of immediate food and medical attention have been handled, once the volunteers from around the world have packed their bags and gone home, only The Way to Happiness will give the Haitians the common bonds and mutual common-sense agreements that will allow them to work together in harmony to rebuild their lives, rebuild their nation, and flourish and prosper.

That is why I am writing to request that you donate now to help produce and send 100,000 copies of The Way to Happiness to Haiti.

And that you forward this email to as many of your friends, family and relatives as you can, and ask them to donate as well.

HOW WILL THE BOOKLETS BE DISTRIBUTED?

We have chartered a donated boat, which will be sailing into the port of Haiti's destroyed capital with The Way to Happiness flag flying from it's 90-foot mast, delivering The Way to Happiness booklets in French and Creole, bringing hope and providing a practical guide for the people of Haiti to rebuild their nation.

Volunteers on the ground have already begun to distribute booklets, which have been wildly popular with the Haitians reading them, several of whom have called into the Foundation to proclaim that this is what their nation really needs.

DONATE NOW

Your help is needed now to support the production and distribution of The Way to Happiness books to provide a foundation for rebuilding this nation. We have the ability to present the people of Haiti a solution to the turmoil in their environment and we must take the responsibility to heart and do so.

Let's help the people of Haiti mark a new beginning on their road by providing them with this tool, The Way to Happiness.

A $50.00 donation will enable the distribution of 125
A $250.00 donation will enable the distribution of 625
The Way to Happiness® booklets.

CLICK HERE TO HELP BY MAKING A DONATION NOW

Sincerely,

Matthew Veenker
Matthew Veenker
ABLE International
© 2010 ABLE International. All Rights Reserved. THE WAY TO HAPPINESS, APPLIED SCHOLASTICS, CRIMINON and NARCONON are trademarks and service marks owned by L. Ron Hubbard Library in the USA (and in other countries trademark and registrations issued and other registrations pending) and is used with permission. Background showing a tent city in downtown Port-au-Prince is a U.S. Air Force photo by Master Sgt. Jeremy Lock under Creative Commons license (http://www.flickr.com/photos/usairforce/4285721784/)

Spirited

Patron with Honors
Geez!! A Massive help flow this one is considering that a large number of haitians cant read!!:duh:

byte301

Crusader
"Volunteers on the ground have already begun to distribute booklets, which have been wildly popular with the Haitians reading them, several of whom have called into the Foundation to proclaim that this is what their nation really needs."

I can just see all those Haitians lined up at the one telephone left in the city waiting to make their call into "the Foundation" so that they can proclaim that TWTH is what their nation really needs."

Never mind the no food, no clean drinking water, no medicine, no homes, no infrastructure. Just give em a booklet and save em!:D

Sandie

Patron with Honors
"Volunteers on the ground have already begun to distribute booklets, which have been wildly popular with the Haitians reading them, several of whom have called into the Foundation to proclaim that this is what their nation really needs."

I can just see all those Haitians lined up at the one telephone left in the city waiting to make their call into "the Foundation" so that they can proclaim that TWTH is what their nation really needs."

Never mind the no food, no clean drinking water, no medicine, no homes, no infrastructure. Just give em a booklet and save em!:D

:roflmao::roflmao:

looker

Patron Meritorious
OK so Now it starts ? After the cameras and the good will photo ops subside the booklets come out... It Just erases every good intention to help folks.

Maybe DM is reading unreleased Mission Into Time scripts where LRH said he burried great caverns of gold bullion in Haiti,

Last edited:

Truth&Honesty

Patron with Honors
It will be interesting to see what the Haitians "do" with TWTH booklets. I'm guessing that humongous tons of litter will soon be piling up .....9 million people tossing, spitting, urinating, defecating, and trampling on "the only hope for mankind"......then Slappy can truly claim they've reached 9 million people in 2010!!!!

What a marvelous camera opportunity THAT would provide!!!!

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Truth&Honesty

Patron with Honors
I just had another thought.......I'm wondering if Slappy's face is going to be all over those TWTH booklets. If it is, it may have some unintended consequences.......

Seeing that the Haitians will be desperately wanting food & water.....and instead, all they get is a piece of crap with Slappy's smiling face on it.......

Well.....I hate to bring it up, but........isn't voodoo still practiced heavily in Haiti???? I certainly wouldn't want my picture floating around ...... on a doll's body.......with pins sticking out of it.....just sayin......

T&H

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
this sort of propoganda just makes my stomach turn.
Even regular $cientologists must be bale to see thru the donation SCAM.
How can you use such a catastrophe to your advantage?

Sickening...very sickening

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
this sort of propoganda just makes my stomach turn.
Even regular $cientologists must be bale to see thru the donation SCAM.
How can you use such a catastrophe to your advantage?

Sickening...very sickening

Well they probably need fuel for fires and toilet paper, as well as maybe building materials. You can make building blocks from waste paper. I'm sure they'll be put to good use.

:blah:

:giggle:

TalleyWhacker

Patron with Honors
Hit em while they're weak, confused and hoping there are answers to the tragedy they have just experienced.
They'll never know what hit em.

No money but Hell, they could make some Jim-Dandy staff slaves.
Heck, they're already black! Dm is halfway there!
I'm thinking Brown Sugar by the Rolling Stones.
"Scared old slaver thinks he's doing alright
Hear him whip the women just around midnight"

The Way to Happiness in Creole??? Yeah, they just got the translations done down in some Louisiana bayou last week.
Ya think that might be some of that black magic Creole bullshit they're spinnin' there?

Ya man!

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
How is this any better or worse than giving bibles?

I personaly know missionaries who go down and there regularly to convert them to Christianity.

In talking with them they think conversion is more imprtant than feeding them because of course conversion wil save them for all eternity ( heard that one before)

So I am in agreement that these booklets are rediculous ( I thought so even when I was in the C of S) but i don't see it as any more or less rediculous than Christianity.

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
The way to happiness? How about the way to clean drinking water, houses instead of tents, getting the schools operating again, getting the government operating again. They need TWTH booklets like they need a poke in the eye.

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
After Katrina I easily saw these efforts were all a scam. The massive sums of money flowing to disaster victims never make it there--they only line the pockets of anyone there to steal it. From news accounts of the money sent to Haiti, I figure each and every single Haitian could have been given several MILLION dollars. I think there are 9 million Haitians, and from the EU alone 450 Euros were sent...50 million Euro per person. I have a neighbor who said, "Its more complicated than that." Bravo Sierra, pure and simple. It is as simple as theft.

ABLE just rides the wave with every other disgusting "do good" organization only there for the purpose of becoming independently wealthy.

The Clam

Patron with Honors
Hey don't be so mean the Way to Happiness will make a fine addition to any Haitian's library even though 90% can't read, live in a mud hole and the booklet will probably end up be used for toilet paper. The WTH campaign will show the world how benevolent the COS is but of course once the COS receives the donation they will have to sell the booklets at full price so they can continue to clear the planet at 500k per person. I am sure once the few starving Haitian who can read will at once cognite and rocket ride up the grade chats.

looker

Patron Meritorious
After Katrina I easily saw these efforts were all a scam. The massive sums of money flowing to disaster victims never make it there--they only line the pockets of anyone there to steal it. From news accounts of the money sent to Haiti, I figure each and every single Haitian could have been given several MILLION dollars. I think there are 9 million Haitians, and from the EU alone 450 Euros were sent...50 million Euro per person. I have a neighbor who said, "Its more complicated than that." Bravo Sierra, pure and simple. It is as simple as theft.

ABLE just rides the wave with every other disgusting "do good" organization only there for the purpose of becoming independently wealthy.

Winston, You are absolutely right. Just as here in the US. Every single person could have been givin a Million TARP dollars, paid off their house bought a couple of cars and the economy would be booming. The administration uses every *crisis* to drain off more of the peoples treasury and further corrupt its failing agencies.

No wonder American Taxpayers have Tea Parties.

The US is in the same path as the last days of Rome.

One hope is retiring Baby Boomers will have the time to research and uncover all the corruption.

The mainstream media cannot be relied upon for being fair and balanced nor the conscience of America. They have their own punish the rich, ego bloat agenda. I wonder if Chris Mathews still gets that tingle up his leg every time he hears Obama speak.

My mom used to say, Judge people by what they do, not by what they say. Faith without works is dead.

byte301

Crusader
How is this any better or worse than giving bibles?

I personaly know missionaries who go down and there regularly to convert them to Christianity.

In talking with them they think conversion is more imprtant than feeding them because of course conversion wil save them for all eternity ( heard that one before)

So I am in agreement that these booklets are rediculous ( I thought so even when I was in the C of S) but i don't see it as any more or less rediculous than Christianity.

I know several missionaries that have been there forever. You must be hanging with the wrong missionaries. My missionary friends are good people who help. Doesn't sound like the ones you've come in contact with are the same.

But I don't really want to get into a debate about Christianity vs. the cult.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Free booklets, pamphlets, religious tracts?
You possibly have no idea how valuable these things can become when you don't have toilet paper.
The Way To Happiness is a clean ass. :D

FinallyMe

Silver Meritorious Patron
Anybody know this book?

This SOO reminds me of a VERY moving novel that I read a number of years ago for which I WISH I could remember the name. Not the main theme of the book, but it talked about English/American missionaries going in to try to convert the Maori people to Christianity, and no one could understand why the Maori were following and supporting the Communists, who were feeding and clothing them.

So, I'm not going to worry about the Haitians - I think they can "see for themselves" as Tommy Davis keeps wanting us all to do.