What's new

HELP REQUESTED: Does anyone know about pamphlet Scientology and the Bible from 1967?

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
HELP REQUESTED: Does anyone know about pamphlet "Scientology and the Bible" from 1967?

From Tony Ortega:

http://tonyortega.org/2016/04/01/au...logist-needs-to-learn-for-real-total-freedom/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

‘Scientology and the Bible’

An academic researcher has reached out to us, asking if we can help find anyone who knows about an odd 1967 pamphlet put out by the Church of Scientology titled “Scientology and the Bible.” It has a number of authors listed (none of whom is L. Ron Hubbard), and its subtitle is “A manifest paralleling the discoveries of Scientology by L Ron Hubbard with the Holy Scriptures.” It appears to have been produced in Melbourne. [UPDATE: It makes a reference to Melbourne on a title page, but was apparently produced in Scotland.]

If there are any oldtimers who know something about this unusual work, please get in touch with us.

[UPDATE: Thank you to the people offering to send us a copy, but we don’t need it. The researcher wants to know the story behind its production.]

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Please respond to Tony Ortega on his blog, via twitter or e-mail.

EDITED TO ADD: Scientology and the Bible booklet (58 pages)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/306623052/Scientology-and-the-Bible-1967-Booklet

Last edited:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Re: HELP REQUESTED: Does anyone know about pamphlet Scientology and the Bible from 19

You may want to locate the man Sylvia refers to as Mr. Smith in this blog article mentioned here in this 2011 thread about Scientology and the Bible *He mentions several of the writers of the booklet.

I would like for you to read what Mr. Smith wrote me about it…

he is an old-timer and a master of the basics, beside being a person I admire very, very much.

*Correct link for the article, titled Valentine day: a celebration of superlative solo auditing achievements… by Sylvia Kusada
https://silviakusada.wordpress.com/...ebration-of-great-solo-auditing-achievements/

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: HELP REQUESTED: Does anyone know about pamphlet Scientology and the Bible from 19

I believe is was RMycroft who posted in a comment at Tony Ortega's blog the following link

http://www.wiseoldgoat.com/papers-scientology/hubbard_vs_holy_scriptures.html

Which contains a listing of compilers of said booklet. Maybe someone knows or can track down any of the persons and contact them to help with the project.

"Based on the 1967 publication of ‘Scientology and the Bible - A Manifest Parallelling the Discoveries of Scientology by L. Ron Hubbard with the Holy Scriptures’. This was originally compiled by Catherine Briggs, Colin Chalmers, Margaret Chalmers, Doreen Elton, Gladys Goodyer, Catherine Steele, Dorothy Penberthy, and Katie Steele (In Memoriam), who concluded and piloted the completion of the original little book. "

renegade

Silver Meritorious Patron

Why is this so important? Just curious.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

:omg: Here is something to do with God, Jesus, OTVIII and the LRH Messiah project (reference Nancy Many's book My Billion Year Contract) and you have the gall to ask...why it is so important... :duh::no::no::wink2::biggrin: really ? just curious...??? .what are you doing this week before Thurs 2pm that you are only a curious Renegade? :innocent::goodorbad::tiptoe:

renegade

I have a copy of this booklet and it is EXTREMELY difficult to get through.

RogerB

Crusader

To be noted is that (I recognize) the names listed as compilers are mostly (might even be all) folks of or from the old Melbourne HASI . . . though three I know might have been at St. Hill by the time this thing was eventually put out . . . I vaguely recall Colin Chalmers mentioning something of this to me in London late in '67.

Also to be noted is the point that this booklet would have been a PR and positioning piece used by the Scientology Enterprise after the fallout from the Melbourne Inquiry where the HASI was unable to operate in its former form . . . the Scios regrouped under the name of (from memory) "The Church of the New Faith"

That it was published by Pubs WW (St. Hill, UK) and printed in England was par for the course in those days. . . . indeed, anything printed/published for public issue had to be approved by and issued with such imprimatur in those days . . .

Rog

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

:omg: Here is something to do with God, Jesus, OTVIII and the LRH Messiah project (reference Nancy Many's book My Billion Year Contract) and you have the gall to ask...why it is so important... :duh::no::no::wink2::biggrin: really ? just curious...??? .what are you doing this week before Thurs 2pm that you are only a curious Renegade? :innocent::goodorbad::tiptoe:

So. we have a bat shit crazy megalomaniac who claims be famous people in past lives - well ain't that interesting !

:lol::roflmao::hysterical::lol::roflmao::hysterical::lol::roflmao::hysterical::lol::roflmao::hysterical::lol:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

I have a copy of this booklet and it is EXTREMELY difficult to get through.

Yes, I remember it that way too. I bought a copy when I was a teenager, inside my first Scientology center bookstore. I bought lots of books, that was one of them.

It was awful. Not only did it have pages of densely packed Biblical quotes (written by men pretending to be God), it had the overlay of densely packed Scientology quotes (written by Hubbard, a man pretending to be God).

As with all other Scientology marketing (beginning with the pseudo-scientific charlatanism of DMSMH), "Scientology and the Bible" was likewise a pathetic and desperate attempt to legitimize the cruel money hoax of a "Bridge to Total Freedom".

That's all Scientology ever tries to do--legitimize a fraud. 98 percent of Scientology is covering up the fraud with legitimate sounding people or legitimate sounding OT wins or legitimate looking front groups.

Have I mentioned recently that Scientology is an avaricious fraud?

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

Yes, I remember it that way too. I bought a copy when I was a teenager, inside my first Scientology center bookstore. I bought lots of books, that was one of them.

It was awful. Not only did it have pages of densely packed Biblical quotes (written by men pretending to be God), it had the overlay of densely packed Scientology quotes (written by Hubbard, a man pretending to be God).

As with all other Scientology marketing (beginning with the pseudo-scientific charlatanism of DMSMH), "Scientology and the Bible" was likewise a pathetic and desperate attempt to legitimize the cruel money hoax of a "Bridge to Total Freedom".

That's all Scientology ever tries to do--legitimize a fraud. 98 percent of Scientology is covering up the fraud with legitimate sounding people or legitimate sounding OT wins or legitimate looking front groups.

And have I mentioned recently that scientology kills people, like it did Susan Meister, Lisa Mc Pherson, & others - plus tried to kill Paulette Cooper & others ?

What a lovely little religion that doesn't at all mind killing people.

Ah, what memories it leaves one with.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

I don't know that is is "so" important. As noted in the OP, an academic asked Tony for help, and I cross-posted the request here thinking people here might have some information.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist

I remember that we had that pamphlet in the small Riverside Mission library.

I remember that this pamphlet NEVER mentions that Jesus was a Whole Track implant, according to Hubbard.
(This pamphlet was just a gimmick for christians.)

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron

For Scientology watchers like myself, all of the pathetic attempts by LRH to make himself appear to be a great person are important as well as amusing. It pleases me when others research these. The foreword page of this pamphlet is a good early example of LRH's delusions of grandeur and his lame attempt to convince others to believe in them:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader

But, but, but its so godly!
:hysterical:
Jeez-louise-batty-man, Years ago I found a pdf of this particular dreck, not just awful, but painful and an affront to even old established cults (christ-not-annie-blah-blah), just another one of Hubbard's many attempts to legitimize his confabulated creation, right up there with his 'vaunted' Hymen of Asia crap. Pert near anything that he could come up with to integrate/ingratiate his own fucked up visions into the main-streams of social belief systems imho.
Hubbard truly was a giant cvnt, with his clitoris in his mouth, where he could ramble on, stimulating hisself into cosmic orgasmic revelry, ever-so-satisfied by his own brilliance... finished with a bottle of rum and a pack of Kools.... :eyeroll:

Fuck you ol' dead Hubbard, fuck you Osa and yer 'Little Boss' Dwarfenfurher David Miscavige (added full name for search engines :p ), and fuck you to all the perpetrators of such a vile and twisted scam, wake. the. fuck. up... :duh:

:)
Lest we forgotten "There is no man on the cross...." , well though that is likely somewhat true, his actual contempt for anything but his 'clear' vision of the universe.... bwahahahahahahaha-hah!

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

And and many others hung on his every word....gotta laugh with you at myself and others. It was one Hell of a prison...yet thinking I was one of the those who were out of a prison and increasing my freedom with each day.....:dieslaughing:

So. we have a bat shit crazy megalomaniac who claims be famous people in past lives - well ain't that interesting !

:lol::roflmao::hysterical::lol::roflmao::hysterical::lol::roflmao::hysterical::lol::roflmao::hysterical::lol:

renegade

So back in the old days, it seems like it was ok for scn to come up with a project/compilation such as this one, print it and get it distributed and sold in the bookstore of at the org? Was it a reg tool to convince Christians?

There is an HCOB as well that is called "To a Roman Catholic" that also goes over how scn is in alignment with Catholicism. Reges would use that one to close prospects who were Catholic.