What's new

Help tab

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I've created a new tab on the top navigation bar called help.

sz1YN2R.png

If you click on this you'll be taken to a a bunch of threads that give the forum rules & other help guides for using the board. I've only just begun with the help guides. There will be more coming but if you've got any suggestions please let me know.

Transitioning to new software can be off-putting. I hope these guides help.

RogerB

Crusader
Emma wrote:

"Transitioning to new software can be off-putting. I hope these guides help."

Too true, Mate . . . but this old dog is getting the hang of it thanks to your ever on-going helps and refinements!:bighug:

Soooo how do you edit the post heading? I wanted to capitalize my latest thread title - in ESMB V.1 you could do it in advanced edit, but I can't see how to do it in ESMB V.2

Can you tell me how to solve this, other than proof reading before hitting send?

Mimsey

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Uuum, that's not easy to answer because I'd have to "un-admin" myself to check, but I believe if you click on "thread tools" then "edit thread" you should be able to edit the title.

You truly are Emma, of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons.

That worked like a charm.

Mimsey

612765-70b0d96d8f232103caa642eacaf6dbd2.jpg

phenomanon

Canyon

sz1YN2R.png

If you click on this you'll be taken to a a bunch of threads that give the forum rules & other help guides for using the board. I've only just begun with the help guides. There will be more coming but if you've got any suggestions please let me know.

Wait... my navigation bar doesn't look like that. I want the My Posts button back.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Wait... my navigation bar doesn't look like that. I want the My Posts button back.
If you go to the top right of any page you'll see 4 little buttons ... hit the one on the left (the same one you use to find your logout button) and a list will pop up ... hit your profile page (near your name on the top right, under the golden cups) and you will you find your posts button (it's called postings now).

:D

phenomanon

Canyon
If you go to the top right of any page you'll see 4 little buttons ... hit the one on the left (the same one you use to find your logout button) and a list will pop up ... hit your profile page (near your name on the top right, under the golden cups) and you will you find your posts button (it's called postings now).

:D
OK. I did that, but it was several 'steps'. I just want it like it used to be where the 'My Posts" button was there and you could click on it.
Is there some way to put the "postings" button up on the navigation bar in plain sight?

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
OK. I did that, but it was several 'steps'. I just want it like it used to be where the 'My Posts" button was there and you could click on it.
Is there some way to put the "postings" button up on the navigation bar in plain sight?
LOL!

No, there jolly well isn't ... (I don't know, @Emma may be willing to move it for you though, if you ask her really nicely).

:sulk:

Teanntás

Silver Meritorious Patron

sz1YN2R.png

What happened the Search function? It's very useful to avoid duplication of themes in posts. Oddly when I search even 'David Miscavige' it shows no results. Many other commonly discussed people and key words show few or no results.

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
What happened the Search function? It's very useful to avoid duplication of themes in posts. Oddly when I search even 'David Miscavige' it shows no results. Many other commonly discussed people and key words show few or no results.
That is odd. And the few results returned are all very recent.

You can open another tab in your browser and search like this:

site: www.forum.exscn.net <your search term here>

This still works, which is a relief. When I noticed that the few results showing up were recent, I thought maybe the problem wasn't the search function, but that the posts themselves might actually be gone. Fortunately, they've still there. :)

I'll report the problem with the search function, though as I hear Emma is going through a difficult time, it may be a while before she can get to it.

Thanks to Dulloldfart for explaining the "search within a site" syntax long ago.