What's new

HELP the Investigation into the Gloria Lopez suicide

mnql1

Patron Meritorious
Translation of a French article posted on Feb. 7, 2012 on the maville.com website:
Une enquête sur le suicide d'une adepte de la Scientologie classée sans suite
Investigation into the suicide of a Scientologist discontinued

February 7, 2012

(AFP) A preliminary investigation into the 2006 suicide of a follower of the Church of Scientology in Colombes (Hauts-de-Seine) was discontinued last June, said a judicial source on Tuesday.

According to this source, the investigation did not succeed in building a case to prosecute the Church of Scientology, against which a complaint was filed by the children of the deceased woman in October 2008.

Her children reported the matter to judicial authorities because they believe that debts incurred by their mother due to her involvement with Scientology were what led her to take her life.

Her family's suspicions began after the discovery in her home of letters and documents referring to a litany of expenditures and debts for the benefit of the Church of Scientology.

On December 21, 2006, Gloria Lopez, who had been a member of the Church of Scientology for ten years, ended her life at age 47 by letting herself be hit by a train at the Colombes station.

Scientology, which has been classified as a cult by several parliamentary reports in France, was founded in 1954 by American science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard and is considered a religion in the United States and in some European countries. It claims to have more than 10 million followers worldwide and 45,000 in France.

The two principal Scientology entities in France - the Celebrity Centre and its SEL bookstore - saw their conviction for "organized fraud" confirmed on February 2 by the court of appeal, a decision that constitutes a first in France and has been described as "historic" by opponents of the Church.

Re: France: Gloria Lopez suicide investigation reported discontinued

Oh, this is heartbreaking...another Scientology suicide.

Thanks you MNQL1 for putting this up here...hard as it is to read. My heart goes out to her children who are seeking justice and trying to make sense of the senseless.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron

A post by her son today on wwp:

Need Help Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rageagainstscientology, Today at 9:45 AM.

• rageagainstscientologyMember

HI. My name is DOX My mum suicide herself 8 years ago. I need to find some people who has known my mother just before the suicide. These persons has disapears few weeks later, french police can't find them. I need to speak with some people who can find them. Please tell me if i ask on the right forum.

Thanks for your help.​
    rageagainstscientology, Today at 9:45 AM
https://whyweprotest.net/threads/need-help.122136/#post-2504953

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

I hope something comes of this new development. I really do. Justice needs to be served.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron

It is a very sad situation for her son. If there are any French speakers that could reply to him in French on wwp and invite him here it would at least let him know we care. TrevAnon invited him here but he told TrevAnon: "Thanks Trevanon for your infos, i need to practice a little bit more my english to know if they're good infos or not.
smile.png
"

You don't need to register to post on wwp. This is the link to the thread:

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/need-help.122136/#navigation

Hi, i don't speak a better english but i'm still searching these three womens. Where can i post this message in the forum. I am A little bit lost in the middle of it. Thanks

M

Moderator 3

Post it here on this thread. If it needs to be moved, I'll do that for you. I hope we can help you. :)

Ok. I am looking for three womens :

-Juliette Wagner-Quercia
-Danielle Ambert
-Elysabeth Haley

Juliette and Danielle are french. I don't know for Elysabeth, she was in copenhague in 2006. That the only thing i can be absolutely certain about.
If any people have an information about these womens, please contact me.

Thanks a lot.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

Ok. I am looking for three womens :

-Juliette Wagner-Quercia
-Danielle Ambert
-Elysabeth Haley

Juliette and Danielle are french. I don't know for Elysabeth, she was in copenhague in 2006. That the only thing i can be absolutely certain about.
If any people have an information about these womens, please contact me.

I spent several hours tonight trying to track down the women for Jonny Jacobsen & came up with some leads which I passed onto him. Juliette Wagner-Oak aka Wagner-Quercia is Canadian. http://home.scientology.org/cntinent/Namerica/canada/w.htm.

Last known address for Danielle is Marseille, France.

There is an Elizabeth Haley & Elisabeth Haley in the Completions Lists. Some media articles have incorrectly claimed her last name is Halley

If these 3 women are in the SO in Europe, it's going to be difficult tracking them unless an ex-Scio knows them & where they are posted.

I found the same things but thank you very much to help me. Juliette Wagner is french, i knew her when i was a child in Normandy.
I'm looking for Elisabeth Haley, not Elysabeth or Halley.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron

This is so sad, and Rage, I hope you find these women. :console: :rose:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Jonny Jacobson PM'd me about this the other day, asking for help and I sent him what I could find. Not much but some info that might lead elsewhere.

I do hope anyone with info will come forward now. If anyone reading this knows of anyone who might have any information on the three women, please do ask them. It would be a travesty to have this case dropped because we were not able to locate the witnesses.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

I found the same things but thank you very much to help me. Juliette Wagner is french, i knew her when i was a child in Normandy.
I'm looking for Elisabeth Haley, not Elysabeth or Halley.

Note that Elisabeth Haley signed over the address at Galushkina Street, which is the Moscow Org, not Copenhagen.

There are three adress on this paper. Copenhague, moscow and an other one that i don't remember but she told in the letter she's in copenhague

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

There are three adress on this paper. Copenhague, moscow and an other one that i don't remember but she told in the letter she's in copenhague

If Elisabeth is in the Sea Org, she would not, ordinarily, be posted in the same org for any number of years. They get moved around alot.

Have you met these persons ?

Hello,

I'm not a scientologist but i know them very well. I'm looking for some persons who can have informations about Gloria Lopez's case. Maybe an ex scientologist has known them or just one of them.

Juliette Wagner-Quercia (was in clearwater and Gold base, not sure when exactly)

Danielle Ambert. (Was on Freewinds and she opened missions in the south of France)

Elisabeth Haley ( No information about her, was in Copenhague last year and in 2006 )

Christine Du Bois ( In copenhague last year too and 2006)

Sylviane Perret ( In Copenhague in 2006)

Patrick Helander ( In clearwater in 2006 )

I hope you will help me.

Best Regards

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Have you met these persons ?

I don't recognize anyone in the pictures but could you tell us a little more about Gloria Lopez's case?

Gloria Lopez suicides herself in December 2006, four days before christmas. They spent about 200 000 euros in scientology and signe with SO in July 2006 in Copenhague. She took one week holiday from his job and called her office to explain that she had to stay one more week in copenhague because "they want to" and "i can't refuse". The day after the suicide, there were two scientologist in her house before the arriving of her family. One famous parisian scientologist call her son and offered to repay all of Gloria Lopez's money. First suspicious act. When the Gloria Lopez's ex husband ask him to never call his son again, a man who is scientologist too came in the city where her ex husband worked and ask some informations about him. Like if he drink, if he's hungry etc. Second suspicious act from them. Today this case is in danger because the persons i'm looking for, hide themselves. French Police can't find them. They found in Paris a part of the Ethic File of Gloria Lopez, it was written ENTHETA from DSA order. DOn't know if Gloria Lopez was creating trouble ( i think so) or if it's a strategy from DSA to say "we had no contact with her since a lot".
Their family needs the help of ex scientologist or people who fight for justice.
I could write hours about this case. I hope i resume well.

PS: Hope you understand my english too :)

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

Gloria Lopez suicides herself in December 2006, four days before christmas. They spent about 200 000 euros in scientology and signe with SO in July 2006 in Copenhague. She took one week holiday from his job and called her office to explain that she had to stay one more week in copenhague because "they want to" and "i can't refuse". The day after the suicide, there were two scientologist in her house before the arriving of her family. One famous parisian scientologist call her son and offered to repay all of Gloria Lopez's money. First suspicious act. When the Gloria Lopez's ex husband ask him to never call his son again, a man who is scientologist too came in the city where her ex husband worked and ask some informations about him. Like if he drink, if he's hungry etc. Second suspicious act from them. Today this case is in danger because the persons i'm looking for, hide themselves. French Police can't find them. They found in Paris a part of the Ethic File of Gloria Lopez, it was written ENTHETA from DSA order. DOn't know if Gloria Lopez was creating trouble ( i think so) or if it's a strategy from DSA to say "we had no contact with her since a lot".
Their family needs the help of ex scientologist or people who fight for justice.
I could write hours about this case. I hope i resume well.

PS: Hope you understand my english too :)

I have no information but wish you the best of luck working this out. Your English is understandable, don't worry.