What's new

HELPING OTHERS - IS IT OUR CALLING OR IS IT CASE?

RogerB

Crusader
Based on my own observation of things, I would say that case has developed/accumulated for each of us on the subject of help.

I don't see that "the need to help" is case :no: Though it is true that some folks may have "compulsions" to help that stems from the case that has developed for them on the subject. And it is also true that case prevents or blocks some folks from "being able to help as would be most right and proper."

So far, and I say so far because what I am about to write is not necessarily a final nor absolute answer, but based on my observations to date I have this to relate.

So far in my view I would say that at the very top of the scales of existence and mood, the subject of help is probably best expressed as "Co-Creation." It is as a level of co-existing co-create for the mutual benefit and empowerment of the Beings in any relationship. What I have observed is that, in a circumstance wherein the level of co-creation and co-empowerment declines on the part of one of the Beings in a relationship, the first action of the other party is to help restore the prior higher level of co-creation.

At the highest level of game playing and relationships is a wonderful co-honoring, co-appreciating, co-creation of being that is empowering to the parties involved. It is when this optimum level of operation declines that a Being acts to "help" his fellows to restore the optimum.

I'll leave you clever folks to ponder the reasons "why."

But them's my current thoughts on the subject.

Rog

lkwdblds

Crusader
Thanks La, La! Thanks Roger!

Based on my own observation of things, I would say that case has developed/accumulated for each of us on the subject of help.

I don't see that "the need to help" is case :no: Though it is true that some folks may have "compulsions" to help that stems from the case that has developed for them on the subject. And it is also true that case prevents or blocks some folks from "being able to help as would be most right and proper."

So far, and I say so far because what I am about to write is not necessarily a final nor absolute answer, but based on my observations to date I have this to relate.

So far in my view I would say that at the very top of the scales of existence and mood, the subject of help is probably best expressed as "Co-Creation." It is as a level of co-existing co-create for the mutual benefit and empowerment of the Beings in any relationship. What I have observed is that, in a circumstance wherein the level of co-creation and co-empowerment declines on the part of one of the Beings in a relationship, the first action of the other party is to help restore the prior higher level of co-creation.

At the highest level of game playing and relationships is a wonderful co-honoring, co-appreciating, co-creation of being that is empowering to the parties involved. It is when this optimum level of operation declines that a Being acts to "help" his fellows to restore the optimum.

I'll leave you clever folks to ponder the reasons "why."

But them's my current thoughts on the subject.

Rog

La La made another very good point about the big super push for stats in C of S causing a lot of False Reporting. Wasn't the rule, "No Report" equals Liability and "False Report" was a condition of Doubt. It was hard to remember which was which but I think No Report was not as bad since the exec could see that no report came in while a false report gave a false sense that something was being handled when it wasn't, a false report caused a camoflauged hole and was the worse of the two. Anyway, the stat push causes at least two major detriments to C of S, the false reporting and an enormous waste of funds. Huge amounts of funds are wasted, literally thrown down the toilet doing unnecessary phone calling and unnecessary mailings. I wonder how much money is expended sending 5 copies of the IAS glossy, full prestige magazine to my house. I get one, as does the wife, each of the two kids and sometimes I get another one for a chap in a different state who shares my same name. Also, my Dad who died in 2002 was still getting stuff as recent as 2008. None of us are in C of S anymore but one copy to the household would be sufficient. How much does mailing the extra 4 copies cost the IAS? To their credit, I talked to a guy Sam at Flag and explained this to him and he did something about it. Now we get either 2 copies or 3 but usually only 2 instead of 5. Well done Sam!

On Roger's comments, everything he says is so spot on. I never looked at wanting to help so badly as being a frantic activity done to try and restore some previous instances of extremely high co creation. This concept of extremely high co creation going on at the top of the scale just opens the door to many "whys" and unknowns, areas which are rife for speculation. ("rife" , nice word, yes, I used it yesterday in a post on the Idenics thread - I don't think I have ever used it previously in my life. I just looked it up. The synonyms are abounding and plentiful.)

I feel I lived a life in late 18th century Vienna where a group of us operated in the manner in which Roger mentions. We were all musicians, composers and singers and also dabbled in philosophy and science. We worked for the empressario, Emanuel Shikaneder. Most of us were in the Masonic Lodge of the day, in Vienna. God, did we have fun. I do try and and help people to the nth degree but I did not see it as a means of trying to bring back that blissful period but it makes a lot of sense. My attention immediately fixated on a God like figure. Such a God, if existing, does not co-create with anybody, but instead just creates solo. Perhaps the game of such a being is observing the creatioins of his creation and taking part in enjoying those wins. Who knows?
Lakey