What's new

Hey, Allan, Allan!

AnonLover

Patron Meritorious
You know what's ironic? I was searching for something unrelated to Alanzo but this link came up at the top, showing " Thursday, January 25, 2001" date
http://alanzosblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/alanzos-apology-to-ex-scientology.html

aside from the far left wonky apology WTH rant, Alanzo has actually been doing lots of good stuff on that blog lately.

but i dont get why he blocks comments (previously no one could comment, lately its members only, whatev that means).

so even tho he has some good critical posts on there, he turns around and paints everything under the guise of :blah:

yet enjoys leaving his comments on other blogs here and there spread kinda thick at times. So WTF he can comment on other blogs yet nobody can comment on his? :confused2:

T

TheSneakster

yet enjoys leaving his comments on other blogs here and there spread kinda thick at times. So WTF he can comment on other blogs yet nobody can comment on his? :confused2:

I find it noteworthy that Marty Rathbun lets through many of his comments, despite the nasty bullshit Alanzo put forth about him when he was still posting here.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I find it noteworthy that Marty Rathbun lets through many of his comments, despite the nasty bullshit Alanzo put forth about him when he was still posting here.

Interesting...

So, does that mean that Marty does NOT let some of Alonzo's comments thru?

I still can't reconcile his crusade against ever being edited/censored again with the fact that he IS heavily censored on Marty's blog.

I have no idea what that could mean.

Guess I'll just file that in the unsolved mysteries & curious contradictions drawer.

Last edited:

Sindy

Crusader
Good riddance.

I went and read his "apology", and it is endless, "look at what horrible thing has been done to ME!" Wah-wah-wah. :hurt:

And, drama. Lots of contrived DRAMA there. You can scoop it up with a spoon - it's laid on so thick. :drama2:

His post is so horrendously self-absorbed, and betrays HIS strange view of things in relation to himself. Read this:

"Even though I do not think I was necessarily considered a poster who was rude and corruptive to the newbies, I was still targeted for handling by the core members of the ESMB Moral Majority for being impious, and that was quite an experience which I will not have repeated on me."

"Core members of the ESMB moral majority"? :confused2:

"Targeted for handling"? Geez, can we please STOP automatically equating PT situations with PAST negative experiences in the Church of Scientology? Believe me, I am pretty sure that nobody was trying to "handle him". Yet, he says that - he believes that?

What a very STRANGE way to view things. In true relativistic fashion, ala Albert Einstein, the OBSERVED is DEFINED by the state of the observer. What does such a comment say about the person saying it? Because, a great deal of the things that he says are NOT "the way things actually are out there in the real world". And yet, he SEES things in this way, in ways that do NOT correlate well to actual events and situations. That is just more of the common human tendency to "see what you wanna see".

For being "impious"? Again, what a strange way to frame and position it all.

And, all of this "it was so horrible, and I won't ever allow myself to experience THAT again". Hmmmp! Stomping down the foot HARD! I AM OFFENEDED!!!!!!! :yes:

Just too much exagerrated (staged) emotions, righteous-indignation and possibly someone who likes nothing better than finding a real good EXCUSE to RUN OFF AND AROUND IN A TIZZY (as often do people in the PR departments of the Churches of Scientology). Same 'ole same 'ole.

Endless "me-me-me":

I'm sick of being . . . .

I became a critic when . . .

I was not able to make informed decisions . . .

The goals I set up when I decided . . . .

Whatever. Yawn. :whatever:

I don't miss the endless posturing at all - just as I don't miss the same sort of thing with his "evil twin" Vin.

I suppose this may be unpopular to some, and spot-on to others. He wrote some great posts IN THE PAST. But, today, in PT, well, just read it yourself. The link is above.

++++++++

Did you ever see a family (maybe you have one like this) where there may have been a black sheep, one who didn't hew to the rest BUT, that person would stick up for you and your rights no matter what? That black sheep would see the best in you, be willing to speak his or her own voice loudly but be willing to look inward and admit mistakes? That person may seem, to others, as a self ungrateful ass and yet that person doesn't see that other person the same way at all?

Allen Stanfield is a GOOD person. I have talked to him MANY times and he NEVER talks badly about any of you as individuals, including Emma.

I think some of you missed a few points along the way. I don't give a shit how loudly he was ranting. That's Alanzo. His good FAR outweighs his "bad" to me.

Last edited:

RogerB

Crusader
Did you ever see a family (maybe you have one like this) where there may have been a black sheep, one who didn't hew to the rest BUT, that person would stick up for you and your rights no matter what? That black sheep would see the best in you, be willing to speak his or her own voice loudly but be willing to look inward and admit mistakes? That person may seem, to others, as a self ingratiating ass and yet that person doesn't see that other person the same way at all?

Allen Stanfield is a GOOD person. I have talked to him MANY times and he NEVER talks badly about any of you as individuals, including Emma.

I think some of you missed a few points along the way. I don't give a shit how loudly he was ranting. That's Alanzo. His good FAR outweighs his "bad" to me.

Synthia,

You are right in that. He truly has done some good and is in essence a good person. He's actually a very, very caring person. That has been abundantly clear to even me.

My only gripe with him is that he too often went on "destructive" put downs of good folks or things he didn't understand instead of seeking to understand what it was he was attacking. His last campaign here against Emma was a classic example of it.

But one thing has to be honored is his vast sense of humor . . . hell, even I was entertained by it on occasion . . . and I am one person he admits to having targeted with his put-downs :p The other thing to be honored is his industriousness in pursuit of a given cause . . . even if, on occasion, a little misdirected.

R

Sindy

Crusader
Synthia,

You are right in that. He truly has done some good and is in essence a good person. He's actually a very, very caring person. That has been abundantly clear to even me.

My only gripe with him is that he too often went on "destructive" put downs of good folks or things he didn't understand instead of seeking to understand what it was he was attacking. His last campaign here against Emma was a classic example of it.

But one thing has to be honored is his vast sense of humor . . . hell, even I was entertained by it on occasion . . . and I am one person he admits to having targeted with his put-downs :p The other thing to be honored is his industriousness in pursuit of a given cause . . . even if, on occasion, a little misdirected.

R

:) Well said. Can we forgive? Not a single person on this board is perfect. Emma is the one that started this thread (even using the word tribute!) and she is the one that had to put up with being the butt of the rants.

Possibly there has been some reconciliation there?

The point is, within reason, this should be a place that the black sheep brother or sister can display ALL of their traits and still be loved. I think he's earned that place.

Nice post Roger. :happydance:

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
Allen dramatic? :omg:

well, YA!! :wink2:

And funny and thought provoking, kind hearted, intelligent, passionate

I miss him a lot -- he brought some levity to this board, made it a fun place. Stirred stuff up sometimes, gave people support, understood. . . . it's a void for me that he's not posting.

Cute vid Emma!

RogerB

Crusader
:) Well said. Can we forgive? Not a single person on this board is perfect. Emma is the one that started this thread (even using the word tribute!) and she is the one that had to put up with being the butt of the rants.

Possibly there has been some reconciliation there?

The point is, within reason, this should be a place that the black sheep brother or sister can display ALL of their traits and still be loved. I think he's earned that place.

Nice post Roger. :happydance:

Thanks, Synth . . .

Actually I did very much appreciate "The Armadillo" . . . . he has a wonderful sense of humor . . . though I am old and impatient, and I tire of such easily particularly when some of it is targeted at bringing down some of my pet things :melodramatic: (Maybe I should do a melodramatic and resign in offense:p:p:p)

But I do note one thing that is typical of Alanzo that is not OK, and that is his misrepresentation of facts to make self right.

Go to the link provided by AnonyMary:
You know what's ironic? I was searching for something unrelated to Alanzo but this link came up at the top, showing " Thursday, January 25, 2001" date
http://alanzosblog.blogspot.com/2011...ientology.html
(in an earlier post) that takes you to his blog. Note he has an image of ESMB (no name in the image of whom the particular ESMB comment applies to) but Alanzo has it there as though it is ESMB's censure on him . . . when it is not. (The image he has copied says:
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never
Alanzo, from my memory, resigned and then was simultaneously put on two weeks suspension . . . and if one goes to his name as a member on ESMB one finds, you will see, he is "Self Exiled" . . . not banned at all!!!!!!

This is an example of the unfortunate misrepresentation of fact and distortion he too often resorted to to do damage . . . and it is why I have been critical of his conduct.

RogerB

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Alanzo, from my memory, resigned and then was simultaneously put on two weeks suspension . . . and if one goes to his name as a member on ESMB one finds, you will see, he is "Self Exiled" . . . not banned at all!!!!!!

This is an example of the unfortunate misrepresentation of fact and distortion he too often resorted to to do damage . . . and it is why I have been critical of his conduct.

RogerB

What I remember happening, and I can't be bothered to go back and check it out, is that he was suspended/banned for two weeks. But the way the software put it, a glitch, was as he stated, i.e. banned permanently for no reason. So yes, what he saw may well be what he has put up on his site, but the subsequent explanation by Emma about the glitch did not lead to his showing the full truth of the matter.

Paul

T

TheSneakster

I still can't reconcile his crusade against ever being edited/censored again with the fact that he IS heavily censored on Marty's blog.

Maybe you have a "misunderstood" on censorship.

Alanzo is merely being moderated on Marty's blog, just like everyone else (I've had at least one post moderated there, too).

Nobody is actually preventing Alanzo from saying whatever the fuck he wants on his own soapbox (his own blog or whatever). Neither Marty Rathbun nor Michelle Sterling nor any other blog/forum owner/operator have any power to actually censor Alanzo or any other poster to their blog/forum since they are all free to say whatever the hell they want in public in their own venues.

Sorry, dude, but the "censorship" whine is nothing but a great big Red Herring.

Sindy

Crusader
Thanks, Synth . . .

Actually I did very much appreciate "The Armadillo" . . . . he has a wonderful sense of humor . . . though I am old and impatient, and I tire of such easily particularly when some of it is targeted at bringing down some of my pet things :melodramatic: (Maybe I should do a melodramatic and resign in offense:p:p:p)

But I do note one thing that is typical of Alanzo that is not OK, and that is his misrepresentation of facts to make self right.

Go to the link provided by AnonyMary:

(in an earlier post) that takes you to his blog. Note he has an image of ESMB (no name in the image of whom the particular ESMB comment applies to) but Alanzo has it there as though it is ESMB's censure on him . . . when it is not. (The image he has copied says:

RogerB

Emma can maybe clear this up but, I spoke with him yesterday and asked him about this very thing. He said that he was not the one that put "Self Exiled" there and he is not able to post as when he tries to log in he sees the same thing he always did: Banned Forever.

It's difficult to get this sorted out when he is not here to "speak". Emma may not even know that this is the message that he still sees. I don't know.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Emma can maybe clear this up but, I spoke with him yesterday and asked him about this very thing. He said that he was not the one that put "Self Exiled" there and he is not able to post as when he tries to log in he sees the same thing he always did: Banned Forever.

It's difficult to get this sorted out when he is not here to "speak". Emma may not even know that this is the message that he still sees. I don't know.

I'll explain this as best I can.

- Originally Alanzo was banned for two weeks but the software said "forever"

- I clarified the length of his ban in a subsequent post but the software still said "forever".

- Before the two week period was up Alanzo wrote to me and said to Permaban him because he didn't want to post here anymore because of certain "restrictions" I put on him.

- Meanwhile Alanzo wrote his blog post mentioned earlier in this thread.

- I spoke to Alanzo on the phone and we settled our differences and decided it was best if he stuck to posting on his blog rather than ESMB. We were both fine with each others viewpoints and we did resolve some misunderstandings. We hung up from each other as friends.

- A week or so ago I was doing some housekeeping and saw that Alanzo was still on the banned list and not able to be found on the members list. I didn't feel right about that, particularly as the perm ban was his idea and not mine, and I didn't like it that he couldn't log in and read etc. Good Twin had "self banned" herself but could still log in, read PMs etc and I wanted Alanzo to have the same access. So I unbanned him, changed his status to "self exiled" and left it at that.

- If Alanzo still sees a banned message when he tries to log in then it could be because he's seeing a cached version of ESMB. I double checked this morning and there is no reason he can't log in.

- I miss Alanzo and he is my friend, but it doesn't mean he *has* to post here. He has access but has stated he doesn't think it's a good idea. I thought by lifting the ban, I put the onus back on him rather than me because it was his idea to not post here ever again, not mine, although I did agree with him that it might be better if he stuck to his blog. By doing this I leave the decision with him, rather than me.

- I saw that video last night and I pissed my pants laughing. I thought of Allen straight away and thought I'd post it as a tribute to a friend whom I miss. That was all there was to it.

I hope this explains it.

jenni with an eye

Silver Meritorious Patron
Like most children that like to play games sometimes when the game is not being played the way one wants it...
they spit the dummy, pout and take their ball and run away. :sulk:

After spending time :hurt: about how unfair everyone else is that played that game,
they will usually come back and are surprised by the huge welcoming and great big hug they get from their former team mates. :bighug:

I think if Al decides to come back and play, he too might be surprised by the welcome he might get. :party:

Just food for thought..... :morecoffee:

SomeGuy

Patron Meritorious
Like most children that like to play games sometimes when the game is not being played the way one wants it...
they spit the dummy, pout and take their ball and run away. :sulk:

After spending time :hurt: about how unfair everyone else is that played that game,
they will usually come back and are surprised by the huge welcoming and great big hug they get from their former team mates. :bighug:

I think if Al decides to come back and play, he too might be surprised by the welcome he might get. :party:

Just food for thought..... :morecoffee:

I'm not sure seems people like comparing him to a child throwing a temper tantrum. Sound like a place you'd like to come back to?

I miss Alanzo's posts, always found him to have a perceptive eye for bullshit even if his methodology was at times tortured. Much like Vinaire actually.

The written medium is a wonderful thing and Alanzo should post more on his blog :) I miss seeing intelligent and perceptive things being posted on ESMB.

This thread excluded because that is one funny vid.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Thanks, Emma. I posted the link to the blog post because it had a 2001 year date and was not sure whether it had been seen. I thought it might be a Feb 2011 post, with an error in the date. Glad to know you knew of it.

T

TheSneakster

Alanzo is Kha-Khan to me, and so is Zinij.

Well, that surely speaks volumes about you.

Nobody amongst the "critics", the ex-Churchies, the Freezone or the Independents is a "Kha-Khan" who may not be held accountable for any harm they create with their behavior. Nobody!

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I can log in now.

Mish and I are very good friends, and will always be. Her family is my family.

So are many of you here, and will be always.

It has been quite an experience being banned to the outside, and seeing *SO* many threads that have been started about me, asking me to come back, along with all the posts saying "good riddance, the board is better off without him, etc.".

It's quite something being the banned outsider.

You all should know that.

Not being part of a family eviscerates your soul.

This is why I wrote my post on my blog so you could see what it is like to have your family banish you, and gather around and tell each other you are all better off without him or her. It is an expression of L. Ron Hubbard's disconnection, which is a human abomination to those of your own kind. L Ron Hubbard came up with it because he had lies to hide. And he did not want those lies to be discussed and exposed by his paying customers.

As for Emma, she just got sick of me. And I can understand that.

Many people have gotten sick of me. Even I have gotten sick of me from time to time.

But seeing seeing yourself discussed in the way you guys discuss people: You should see yourself discussed that way.

It's quite something. There are so may people here who I respected and thought were friends of mine. And to find out they were always annoyed and even hated me.

It's quite something.

It has taught me, maybe, to think about what I write. Because real people read what I have to say.

All this is meant to be from an outsider - Alanzo, the Outsider of the Ex-Scientology Message Board.

Even though I have been the major OT Level Status-Giver over all of you, I have always understood that giving status disconnects all the others of you who do not have it. I've also known that each of you who are not within my grace will feel the need to reach for it. So I've always got that goin' for me, which is nice.

But it's weird, from my now so much more superior viewpoint, I've come to understand that Scientologists might feel hinky about how you are talking about them.

It's funny that it has to happen to you before you see it for yourself.

So this is the lesson from the Prodigal Son who has returned home to you.

Hopefully, Emma will give me a higher post count now than Zinj, so that after learning all this and raising myself higher than all of you are here, I can finally reach the highest levels of status that you all can give.

Alanzo has been through hell and come back to you.

NOW - he *must* be the highest status staten that you could ever make your little brains understand.

Don't you think?