Hey I'm back for a second

Pliny Younger

Patron with Honors
:)

Melanie,

I was wondering where you were. Good to hear from you. Best of luck with the business, hope all goes well for you.

PY

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Melanie,

This story is so, so familiar to me. I know so many people who filed bankruptcy as a result of Scn, hanging the credit card companies out to dry for their addictions.

P.S. -- Nothing says "I love you, but I can't handle your addiction" like a process server and a lawsuit. I'd also file a police complaint, and also file complaints with anyone who'd listen that might Do Something. IRS in particular.

~t

Tom of Helatrobus

Patron Meritorious
Thanks for sharing the letter. Sounds like that would be an ARC break. :duh:

Maybe your parents are caught up in the bullshit of trying to clear the planet, maybe they are just screw ups as parents. I suggest compassion - but there is nothing at all wrong with what you wrote in that letter.

Good luck.

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Maybe your parents are caught up in the bullshit of trying to clear the planet, maybe they are just screw ups as parents. I suggest compassion - but there is nothing at all wrong with what you wrote in that letter.

Filing a lawsuit is, weirdly, an act of compassion in this case. It'll likely get the parents removed from post, which might give them some time to think. Plus, it's always good to remind people of the true cost of their addictions.

FlunkedForLaughing

Patron with Honors
Melanie,

Powerful letter. Hope it all works out for you. I like the part about being ready for OSA. It keeps you in a position of strength.

FFL

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I really missed you around here Melanie :)

I'm glad you and hubby are creating your lives.

You are doing the right thing. You have to tell them the truth and it will hurt. It should hurt.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I really missed you around here Melanie :)

I'm glad you and hubby are creating your lives.

You are doing the right thing. You have to tell them the truth and it will hurt. It should hurt.

I agree with Emma here. Good Roads just doesn't cut it when families are ripped apart like this. I did it for way too long and it hurts way more than saying it like it is. Good on you, and keep looking after you.

ChaoticPsychotic

Patron with Honors
To all of you wonderful people,

Some of you say "this is why". Well it is in great part due to the support and love that I have gotten from all of you that has helped me find the strength and fortitude to get through this. So for me, I can honestly say "you are why".

I went over to my parents house yesterday. I had a long talk with my 23 year old brother. He is staff at an Org. He never knew any of what happened to me in the Sea Org. He did not even realize that I am NOT a Scientologist. So I shared with him my story. He accepted it with grace and kindness. Coming from my brother this was a shock for me. I told him that once mom and dad come home and I talk to them - they will probably never speak to me again. I told him I just needed him to hear my side. He told me that I am always going to be his sister and he will always love me. I told him I will always be there for him when he needs me.

My parents came home. They wrote me a check for the power bill. We began our discussion. I got cold feet about giving them the letter because I knew I was fraught with rage when I wrote it. I even told them I wrote them a nasty letter but didn't think I wanted them to read it. So I tried to express myself in words. 10 minutes in - my mother lost it and began screaming at me. So I screamed back. She stormed off and I threw my letter and the copy of my story that I printed out at her. I tried to get up and leave at that point but my dad begged me to stay and hear him out.

Dad and I talked at great length and shed many tears. Ultimately he justifed everything I tried to throw at him. He tried to deny the fact that there is ANYTHING wrong with David Miscavige. He tried to tell me that is was a few bad seeds that ruined things while I was in and it's different now and blah blah blah. We went in circles for awhile. He never got me. I had to finally tell him that I could not go on living my life with the constant reminder that he and my mom had chosen their cult over me and my best interests time and again. He asked if I knew what would happen know. I told him yes, I would be declared and they would be told to disconnect. I told him I was there to do it for them. He started screaming and crying and blaming everyone in Anonymous and the Freezone and all of my friends who have been declared over the years for breaking his family apart. I screamed back that they are not the ones to blame. Hubbard is the one to blame and he's the devil.

My dad told me to leave - he needed to be alone. My mother had long since left with my 2 brothers to go to the org.

I left sobbing. I hollered that I loved him more than he would ever know.

My heart ripped open. I am feeling pain like I have never felt before. I have a tattoo on my forearm which reads in German "What does not kill me makes me stronger". This will be the ultimate test of that statement for me.

I will get through this. It is the love and support that I get from you all that helps.

Thank you all. I love you.

Melanie

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
Stay strong. Come back here often. Carry on with what you're planning. Maybe someday they'll wake up. Who knows. Others have.

But I have to say it - as a father of two grown daughters - choosing the defense of David Miscavige over the connection with his own sweet daughter is abysmal and despicable behavior. I would not want to know him. Sorry.

That's inexcusable.

byte301

Crusader
Melanie,

I am so very sorry. This is the ultimate betrayal to a child. But you have to forgive them for your own peace of mind and move on now. Just be there if they ever come to their senses.

You are more mature then your parents. That happens sometimes. I would stick to my guns on this until they see the truth.

I am so glad your brother was supportive. He, at least, said the right things.

We're here for you if you need to talk more.

Terril park

Sponsor
He started screaming and crying and blaming everyone in Anonymous and the Freezone and all of my friends who have been declared over the years for breaking his family apart.

Melanie

Hi Melanie,
Best wishes on the future of you and you're family.

Sorry to ask at a time of sadness for you. I'd be interested in what the COS leadership is saying about both anon , and the FZ.

Its clear your parents are hurting as much as you. I don't think they would be screaming and crying if they didn't love you. They are surely under much more pressure than you. I think you will have to be strong for them. I have no idea how it will play out or what you can do.

I guess you have a limited window of opportunity before being declared.
My thought is go see them quickly, and try to keep calm, try to see how you can help them. Maybe not good advice, but its the best I can come up with.

outtech

Patron with Honors
Aw damn, I've been following your story, sorry to hear things have turned out this way. You're a strong person and will get through this, hopefully you guys will be able reconcile in future. Go easy on yourself, wishing you all the best.

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Melanie!

Dear Melanie,

Go CASH THE CHECK before they can stop payment!

Then, cry as much as you need to - and take a win. You did a difficult, but necessary and correct thing.

Rpy/EP

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Glad you had the courage and conviction to do this. You will be alright. Your personal integrity will carry you. Your father sounds highly aware of the issues swirling around scientology and scientologists right now. Your mother sounds like she is unwilling to be aware. I hope your father will continue to think about this, and come around. No matter what happens, continue to think for yourself. I wish you peace and resolution with your family.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Melanie,

This is truly heart-rending to hear. But, I think you have done the right thing. I hope that one day your parents will have the courage to admit that they were wrong and that you can be a family again.

Perhaps by saying the things that you did, you have started them on that road.

Good luck,

Axiom142

tookmeawhile

Patron with Honors
Hi Melanie,

I'm sorry it turned out like it did but I'm still optimistic. I feel so bad for you. Makes me hate the Church even more. I think you're doing a great job! I'm sure your talk/screaming with your Dad had an impact on him. I think it's great you screamed at him that you love him more than he'll ever know!

He is doing what he thinks is right. I would have never ditched my daughter for Scientology BUT I can understand it. He thinks he's losing you now but will have you for eternity - everyone happy together down the Hubbard-brick road. So I don't think he feels he's dumping you forever; just (in his mind) for this lifetime. Poor, delusioned man - probably so torn up right now. Yes, I do feel sorry for him - he's so brainwashed.

I still believe in miracles - I've seen things happen that I never thought would happen. One of these days, sooner than later, he might just wake up one morning and realize he's done with Scientology. Since you might get Declared soon, I would use that as an excuse to try to see them as much as possible. Fight once in a while, go out to dinner and just talk about other things, etc. Keep telling him and your Mom that you love them; that's the best weapon. They'll treat you like you have terminal cancer or something since they will have to disconnect from you. Maybe, just maybe, they will eventually wake up. It could happen you know. :thumbsup:

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Mel, I hope you feel the outpouring of love from us. I've never been in your situation, but I'm crying just reading about it. You were strong, even though you didn't do it the way you'd wanted to.

You know and I know that it's not just a few people. It's DM in LRH's valence, possibly picked because he could sustain that valence.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Since you might get Declared soon, I would use that as an excuse to try to see them as much as possible. Fight once in a while, go out to dinner and just talk about other things, etc. Keep telling him and your Mom that you love them; that's the best weapon. They'll treat you like you have terminal cancer or something since they will have to disconnect from you. Maybe, just maybe, they will eventually wake up. It could happen you know. :thumbsup:

I agree with that, Melanie. And cashing the check ASAP. Talk about other stuff. It's all really an excuse to let some love flow, both ways, and maybe the torn bits will heal a little.

Paul