Hey OSA, you pussies

Jimmy Cricket

Patron with Honors
What are you doing to silence these SP critics?

LRH technology is very clear:

What are you out-ethics cats doing to resolve this situation????

ATTACK, NEVER DEFEND.

Have you considered writing to your local newspaper and Fair Gaming those nasty Ps?

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
I've seen your recent posts. I don't blame you.
It's kinda like "giving them the finger" on a message board that you know they read.

When I was followed several times and then had my place TPed and a couple of sprinklers broken I felt a bit like you.

Pascal

Silver Meritorious Patron
I've seen your recent posts. I don't blame you.
It's kinda like "giving them the finger" on a message board that you know they read.

When I was followed several times and then had my place TPed and a couple of sprinklers broken I felt a bit like you.

What? Noone invited you for supper?

I must be special... :p

namaste

What are you doing to silence these SP critics?

LRH technology is very clear:

What are you out-ethics cats doing to resolve this situation????

ATTACK, NEVER DEFEND.

Have you considered writing to your local newspaper and Fair Gaming those nasty Ps?

It's really is a pity isn't it. There is nothing they can do about it.
They can only follow ancient, outdated policy if they follow any at all.
Scientologists are not allowed to think for themselves.
It says so right here:

"Our technology has not been discovered by a group. True, if the group had not
supported me in many ways I could not have discovered it either. But it remains that in its
formative stages it was not discovered by a group, then group efforts, one can safely assume,
will not add to it or successfully alter it in the future. I can only say this now that it is done.
There remains, of course, group tabulation or co-ordination of what has been done, which will
be valuable-only so long as it does not seek to alter basic principles and successful applications."

Such irony that the one policy that is supposedly designed to "keep scientology working" is the one that will eventually do it in. He just stopped everything right there.

Can you imagine what a spot that puts DM in?
He's damned if he does (follow outdated tech/policy) and he's damned if he doesn't because as soon as he does something new and original so many (me included ;) ) will jump right down his throat about not following standard policy.
It's no wonder that he's losing his mind.

So where is the LRH tech on how to handle the internet?
There is a PL (I think it's a PL) somewhere that Ron wrote shortly after computers started to make their way into the mainstream in their formative stages. No internet, basically just data entry and computation.
In his infinite wisdom -- so far ahead of anyone else's -- he covertly boasts of knowing about entire interplanetary systems that have been run by computers, not just one measly planet like ours.
Did these "advanced" galactic civilizations not have an internet?
How could he have missed that if he knew all about their workings?
Computers are now being used as the biggest communication tool ever, not just to run mere stat collection and so forth and LRH never saw it coming.

I give Ron a lot of credit where it is due but he sure flunked on these.

Good luck OSA.

Div6

Crusader
Div6,

What makes you think that? Just curious.

He's posted a number of baiting comments on this board in different threads, taunting OSA et al. What ever war he is fighting, it is his own. But I don't think it is conducive to the open, free thinking environ we have been accustomed to here, and think it is a bit misguided. So rather than encourage this bloke, I think it best to ignore him until some real communication occurs...

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
He's posted a number of baiting comments on this board in different threads, taunting OSA et al. What ever war he is fighting, it is his own. But I don't think it is conducive to the open, free thinking environ we have been accustomed to here, and think it is a bit misguided. So rather than encourage this bloke, I think it best to ignore him until some real communication occurs...

Sounds to me like he's pissed off.

Patty

Björkist

It's really is a pity isn't it. There is nothing they can do about it.
They can only follow ancient, outdated policy if they follow any at all.
Scientologists are not allowed to think for themselves.
It says so right here:

"Our technology has not been discovered by a group. True, if the group had not
supported me in many ways I could not have discovered it either. But it remains that in its
formative stages it was not discovered by a group, then group efforts, one can safely assume,
will not add to it or successfully alter it in the future. I can only say this now that it is done.
There remains, of course, group tabulation or co-ordination of what has been done, which will
be valuable-only so long as it does not seek to alter basic principles and successful applications."

Such irony that the one policy that is supposedly designed to "keep scientology working" is the one that will eventually do it in. He just stopped everything right there.

Can you imagine what a spot that puts DM in?
He's damned if he does (follow outdated tech/policy) and he's damned if he doesn't because as soon as he does something new and original so many (me included ;) ) will jump right down his throat about not following standard policy.
It's no wonder that he's losing his mind.

So where is the LRH tech on how to handle the internet?
There is a PL (I think it's a PL) somewhere that Ron wrote shortly after computers started to make their way into the mainstream in their formative stages. No internet, basically just data entry and computation.
In his infinite wisdom -- so far ahead of anyone else's -- he covertly boasts of knowing about entire interplanetary systems that have been run by computers, not just one measly planet like ours.
Did these "advanced" galactic civilizations not have an internet?
How could he have missed that if he knew all about their workings?
Computers are now being used as the biggest communication tool ever, not just to run mere stat collection and so forth and LRH never saw it coming.

I give Ron a lot of credit where it is due but he sure flunked on these.

Good luck OSA.

I'm not going to give the reference as I don't have my Scientology library to hand, but I believe LRH says something along the lines of "to hell with the rules" if it prevents service from being accomplished.

Also, the data published in the materials of Scientology isn't necessarily every single datum LRH was ever aware of.

Good communication follows the same pattern whether it's over the internet or USPS. Indeed, being *digital*, it must be precise and "follow the rules". Maybe those advanced galactic civilizations didn't need internet or PCs to comm and had a version of the "internet" that didn't require computers, but was "telepathic" in nature...Leaving computers relegated to something more mundane. Solely because modern computers are comprised of "the latest technology" in 2007, is no reason it is the ultimate in technology. Over the next 500 years there will likely be other communication tools developed. Will you fault Ron for not writing about those as well?

Hilariously enough, one of the most bumbling, inefficient and low-toned organizations is occasionally credited with creation of the internet...

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Well, you obviously didn't have to Chinese School it a million times like some of us did. :D

What it boils down to is that Ron hated having his 'pan determinism' and right to authoritarian arbitrariness limited by 'rules'.

Even His own.

So, every 'rule' He promulgated has an escape hatch. It's like a junky who decides to quit 'reducing' his usage *unless he doesn't really want to*.

There are *always* exceptions.

Zinj

Tanstaafl

Crusader
:)
What it boils down to is that Ron hated having his 'pan determinism' and right to authoritarian arbitrariness limited by 'rules'.

Even His own.

So, every 'rule' He promulgated has an escape hatch. It's like a junky who decides to quit 'reducing' his usage *unless he doesn't really want to*.

Zinj

Well, I always thought the use of the term "pan-determined" to be potentially confusing to students.

Other-determined - you being controlled/directed by others.
Self-determined - you being controlled/directed by yourself.
Pan-determined (new definition) - you being directed/controlled by everyone else.

It makes total sense. All public and most staff are in fact pan-determined!
Is that a good thing? :)

Little Bear Victor

Even His own.

Zinj

You could say they are exceptions, but I would call it self-contradiction. One is Comm Ev'ed ONLY on the basis of the letter-for-letter interpretation of the LRH policy, nothing else. Then again, he is supposed to throw away the policy rules when they hinder the achievement of the purpose. Has anybody ever been able to word clear themselves out of that "seeming" contradiction? Has anybody ever successfully defended themselves in a Comm Ev on the basis of "I had to do lay aside policy to achieve the purpose"?

I am rather convinced there is not one policy LRH did not contradict himself about later on, just so that you can always find at least one place where he said something that supports with authority any insanity that goes on, no matter what it is.

Victor

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
:)

Well, I always thought the use of the term "pan-determined" to be potentially confusing to students.

Other-determined - you being controlled/directed by others.
Self-determined - you being controlled/directed by yourself.
Pan-determined (new definition) - you being directed/controlled by everyone else.

It makes total sense. All public and most staff are in fact pan-determined!
Is that a good thing? :)

Tch. You are definitely a squirrel. What you're suggesting would reduce the Merry-Go-Ron to a spinning rope swing.

How you gonna charge for *that*?

Zinj

Tanstaafl

Crusader
Tch. You are definitely a squirrel. What you're suggesting would reduce the Merry-Go-Ron to a spinning rope swing.

How you gonna charge for *that*?

Zinj

Dunno. However, that does give me an idea about current charging for auditing. How about x amount of dollars per TA div? It wouldn't be any more difficult for the preclear to predict expense than the current system of "tech estimates".

namaste

I'm not going to give the reference as I don't have my Scientology library to hand, but I believe LRH says something along the lines of "to hell with the rules" if it prevents service from being accomplished.

Yes, I'm familiar with the Service PL.
Possibly the most abused PL in history by COS execs although "What An Executive Wants On His Lines" has got to be right up there.

Also, the data published in the materials of Scientology isn't necessarily every single datum LRH was ever aware of.

Good communication follows the same pattern whether it's over the internet or USPS. Indeed, being *digital*, it must be precise and "follow the rules". Maybe those advanced galactic civilizations didn't need internet or PCs to comm and had a version of the "internet" that didn't require computers, but was "telepathic" in nature...Leaving computers relegated to something more mundane. Solely because modern computers are comprised of "the latest technology" in 2007, is no reason it is the ultimate in technology. Over the next 500 years there will likely be other communication tools developed. Will you fault Ron for not writing about those as well?

You make a good point there.
No, I won't fault him. He gets picked on enough already and I do prefer to focus on his positive contributions of which I believe there are many.

I was only indicating that the internet came along and totally blindsided the COS.
They made an absolutely moronic attempt at taking control of the situation right off the bat when they tried to overload ars with spam and that backfired on them tremendously. They have been overwhelmed by internet traffic ever since. These OSA cats really can't exercise any control over it to speak of. There is just too much of it to handle and it grows more and more every day.

Hilariously enough, one of the most bumbling, inefficient and low-toned organizations is occasionally credited with creation of the internet...

I believe I know who you mean. I don't rank them much higher than the Curch of Scientology ;)