What's new

Hey you kids!

Hey you kids!
I leave you kids all alone for a couple of days and this happens.
If I have to come back here someone is going to get spanked! (No, Nozeno, you can't volunteer.)

Famous historical quote:
They came for Alanzo; but I was not Alanzo.
They came for Byte301; but I was not Byte301.
They came for Nexus100; but I was not Nexus100.
They came for Zinj; but I was not Zinj.
They didn't come for me, so I don't give a shit.
(just kidding you guys--Solidarity brothers!)

Anyway kids, this is Emma's dollhouse so let her play with it like she wants.

Now, I do want to say something about rudeness and invalidation and attacking newbies.

Allmost every Scientologists I know believes they are special people, above the rest of us.

And OTs expect that others defer to their group-agreed spiritual status.

And almost every Scientologists I know considers it invalidation when you don't agreed to their status and defer to their high opinion of themselves.

And almost every Scientologists I know claims they are being attacked when someone points out something wrong with Scientology.

And almost every Scientologists I know tells me that I am being rude when I tell them I don't accept their evaluation of things and events.

My point is this: When new Scientologists who leave the Church and come here, especially OTs of long duration, they probably will consider that we are being rude, invalidating them, and attacking them when we disagree with them or don't look and speak up to them from our lower status, or don't accept their evaluation of things and events.

In short, if we talk to them like we talk to each other they will claim we are being rude, invalidating them, and attacking them.

This is the social nature of the cult for them to react that way.

Does anyone ever wonder why at the opening ceremony of the Olympic games, when the atheletes and flag bearers of each country enter the stadium, only the United States does not dip its flag when passing in front of the VIP viewing stand?

It is because when the Olympic games were revived in the late 1800s, the first one was held in England. Queen Victoria was the main VIP in the viewing stand.

As the United States team approached, one of the American boxers, who was from Ireland (I think the whole boxing team was from Ireland) told the flag bearer that if he dipped the American flag to Queen Victoria that he would beat the crap out of him.

So he didn't.

To cover up the embarrasment, the American government said that it was always a custom for a democracy not to dip its flag to foreign royalty.

The point is this: I, at least (I can't speak for anyone else), will not agree to, or treat with any special status, any OTs (who expect to be treated as royalty) just out and new here.

I will talk to them just like I talk to anyone else here.

And yes, I do have much more respect for those who have been out longer than those who are just out.

But I will talk to each the same way.

I don't care if they cry "rude," or "invalidation," or "you're attacking me!"

We are not doing them any favors if we keep up the pretense for them now that they are out in the real world.

In my opinion you haven't really paid your dues until you've been out for awhile and went through the change.

And by the way, I sure don't trust anyone who signs their posts "Love, (their name)"

That's not just a habit when someone does that on this board, that's a statement they're making.

Anyway, I only came back here for this one post because I saw all this unecessary chaos here and it hurt to see it.

I want to thank all those who wished me well.

Just so you all know, my dementia is not Alzheimers disease, its different.

Look at it this way, at least I'll be able to hide my own Easter eggs.

Take care everyone, and play nice.

The Anabaptist Jacques

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Goddamn it, TAJ, that was a breath of fresh air!

Drop in unexpectedly more often will ya?

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hey you kids!
If I have to come back here someone is going to get spanked! (No, Nozeno, you can't volunteer.)

Famous historical quote:

Now, I do want to say something about rudeness and invalidation and attacking newbies.

Allmost every Scientologists I know believes they are special people, above the rest of us.

And almost every Scientologists I know considers it invalidation when you don't agreed to their status and defer to their high opinion of themselves.

And almost every Scientologists I know claims they are being attacked when someone points out something wrong with Scientology.

And almost every Scientologists I know tells me that I am being rude when I tell them I don't accept their evaluation of things and events.

My point is this: When new Scientologists who leave the Church and come here, especially OTs of long duration, they probably will consider that we are being rude, invalidating them, and attacking them when we disagree with them or don't look and speak up to them from our lower status, or don't accept their evaluation of things and events.

In short, if we talk to them like we talk to each other they will claim we are being rude, invalidating them, and attacking them.

Does anyone ever wonder why at the opening ceremony of the Olympic games, when the atheletes and flag bearers of each country enter the stadium, only the United States does not dip its flag when passing in front of the VIP viewing stand?

It is because when the Olympic games were revived in the late 1800s, the first one was held in England. Queen Victoria was the main VIP in the viewing stand.

As the United States team approached, one of the American boxers, who was from Ireland (I think the whole boxing team was from Ireland) told the flag bearer that if he dipped the American flag to Queen Victoria that he would beat the crap out of him.

So he didn't.

To cover up the embarrasment, the American government said that it was always a custom for a democracy not to dip its flag to foreign royalty.

The point is this: I, at least (I can't speak for anyone else), will not agree to, or treat with any special status, any OTs (who expect to be treated as royalty) just out and new here.

And yes, I do have much more respect for those who have been out longer than those who are just out.

We are not doing them any favors if we keep up the pretense for them now that they are out in the real world.

In my opinion you haven't really paid your dues until you've been out for awhile and went through the change.

And by the way, I sure don't trust anyone who signs their posts "Love, (their name)"

That's not just a habit when someone does that on this board, that's a statement they're making.

Anyway, I only came back here for this one post because I saw all this unnecessary chaos here and it hurt to see it.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Good to hear from you, brother!
I don't really know you, but I like you.

This is for you.

346269.jpg

AutumnLeaves.jpg

Hey you kids!

Famous historical quote:

So he didn't.

Anyway, I only came back here for this one post because I saw all this unecessary chaos here and it hurt to see it.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Haha, it worked!
It was just to get you back here.
:)

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hear hear! :clap:

Now I'm off to do Gods work and continue my "whining and crying like a spoiled little school girl who has had her Barbie taken away."

Love nozeno

Last edited:
Thank You TAJ!

Love you TAJ, thanks for that.

That was the sanest post I've seen in awhile, and I really needed to hear some sanity, so thank you! :happydance:

Hopefully it helps to put the political correctness of "being nice to newbies" here in it's proper perspective. I hope so. :thumbsup:

Wishing you all the best, as always. Thanks for chiming in...

(See we still need you! :D) Big Hugs to you! :happydance:

Gadfly

Crusader
Great post TAJ. I have always noticed and often commented on the "elitist" nature of the Church of Scientology (wonder where THAT came from?), and the condescending manner of many of its members.

And, you had me rolling on the floor with:

"Look at it this way, at least I'll be able to hide my own Easter eggs." :thumbsup:

Best of luck.

+

Free Being Me

Crusader
Excellent post TAJ. I'm glad you are doing fine and took the time to say hi. It puts current events into a positive perspective. Thanks :thumbsup:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Just re-read TAJ's post (3rd time) and it was just as brilliant as I thought it was the first time I read it yesterday.

So many simple-yet-rich ideas. And all done with great respect for the wonderful Emma and the wonderful forum she created for all of us.

It directs focus to that most volatile little "gap" between two opposite "poles" where the sparks really fly back and forth.

FunnyArc.jpg

Scientologist..........Ex-Scientologist. Those are the 2 "terminals" that create the discharge and "arc" (not ARC).

How does one "protect" the newly exiting Scientologist when they wander into and begin journeying thru that middle zone where the sparks are flying?

Are the sparks actually harmful or they just look scary? (Ever put your fingers near a live "sparkler" and surprisingly felt nothing?)

sparkler4th.jpg

It is a fascinating question to ask what harm (if any) is caused to a newly emerging Scientologist by speaking to them honestly.

No argument that good manners are good (for the obvious reason that they allow a conversation to continue....and this is a venue for conversation at it's core, ain't it?)

If too little manners are required it isn't good. The conversation stops.

If too many manners are required it isn't good either because the conversation still stops.

And, I would guess that a number of minor freak-outs on ESMB recently have shown up on both sides of that equation.

I had to laugh today when TAJ's post reminded me of the paradigm that Hubbard gave to Scientology's Bridge where the "advanced levels" are carefully secreted out of view because they are too restimulative for the newbie Scientologist. A Wall of Fire that can kill ya, he promised, if you didn't follow the instructions that comes with the toy.

I guess that too many manners being required is the same paradigm protecting newbie exiting Scientologists from ESMB's advanced level.....the Wall of Ire. :D