What's new

Hey...

johnAnchovie

Still raging
I knew too...

I knew two men struggling with being gay in $cientology, both seemed to be constantly apologizing for their sexual orientation, one had a terrible stutter, was cowed and I never saw him laugh. Before his involvement in Scn he was a successful architect, then he trained and joined staff... lost everything, including his soul. The other was furtive, forced to chastise himself for not only his actions, but also his thoughts.

That cult is bad enough for straight people, must be sheer, bloody, hell for the gay.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
If the 'Freezone' was more 'accepting' of gays than the Cult proper, it'd be because of an inability to enforce Scientology Ethics, not because the horrendous theories and 'Ethics' themselves were improved.

Zinj

In the 60s and 70s, it wasn't an issue at all. There were loads of gays, and nobody even gave it a thought. I wonder what / who changed?

For me, gay has about as much charge as
vegetarian" or "sports fan" -- as in they are choices, enjoy.

Who wants "Wonder Bread" thought?

By the was i'm pescaterian ( I eat fish"

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Nice!

I knew two men struggling with being gay in $cientology, both seemed to be constantly apologizing for their sexual orientation, one had a terrible stutter, was cowed and I never saw him laugh. Before his involvement in Scn he was a successful architect, then he trained and joined staff... lost everything, including his soul. The other was furtive, forced to chastise himself for not only his actions, but also his thoughts.

That cult is bad enough for straight people, must be sheer, bloody, hell for the gay.

Reason enough for staying away, I'd say! :yes:

Nice Avatar, JohnA! :clap: :thumbsup:

Roy, the Ep's EP

Zac

Patron
A choice..

For me, gay has about as much charge as
vegetarian" or "sports fan" -- as in they are choices, enjoy.

It is certainly not a choice for me. My attraction is simply towards Men not Woman. For all the heteros do you choose to be straight? Or is it just what you get's you off?

If I had a choice I'm sure I would have gone the straight road as it would have been much easier. Not to say I wish I was straight by any means.

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
It is certainly not a choice for me. My attraction is simply towards Men not Woman. For all the heteros do you choose to be straight? Or is it just what you get's you off?

If I had a choice I'm sure I would have gone the straight road as it would have been much easier. Not to say I wish I was straight by any means.

You don't get to choose who you care about, only what you do about it.

I happen to be straight, though there have been women I've found interesting, I never found any sexually interesting. It wouldn't shock me if it happened, though.

Zac

Patron
Thanks guys!!

Hey Everyone..

Thanks for the warm welcome!! I'll look forward to getting to know everyone.:happydance:

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron

I'm inherently bisexual, without a doubt. I had crushes on boys when I was a teenager, just as strong as I did on girls. I did CHOOSE to not act on those crushes, and to pursue relationships with girls. These days, I'm not attracted to men, but I consider that a matter of training. I don't insist that this is true for others, but it is my BELIEF that this is the case, although many people may have made this choice earlier, or been unaware that they made the choice, simply agreeing with a choice made for them.

duddins

Patron Meritorious
Hey Everyone..

Thanks for the warm welcome!! I'll look forward to getting to know everyone.:happydance:

That is cool and you are so very welcome here!

We had a thread awhile back where we talked about the C of S attitude towards gays.

Here is the link:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=2714&highlight=gays

There was some really healthy discussion on this thread. You may enjoy knowing that most of us were disgusted with the group think against gays.

Blessings........

Feral

Rogue male
Welcome Teckid,

I understand that it would have been tough being born gay in a scientology world. It is just very cool that you had a great family and you got the support that, I guess, any one would need at such a vunerable point:thumbsup:

You wouldn't get it in the cult.

Michael Pattison is gay, he got to OT VIII. He is also an exceptional artist. He got a hiding for it over the years and was not practicing his sexuality while going up the bridge to total intimidation.:omg:

Wirestripper

Patron with Honors
Hey! Welcome Teckid!!! I have a deep-seated fear of the "flaming" gay people,(you know, like that guy in the lower apartment in Little Nicki) but I know several gay guys whom I count as some of my best friends!

BTW: I am not gay, but I respect those who are, I experimented and got declared for it).

Bea, please elaborate! I don't remember reading the time, place, form and event of this occurrence when I read your story!:D

DCAnon

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi everyone! :3

I couldn't help but leap at this thread when one of the ex's pointed it out to me. I've gotten in contact with a reporter for a gay publication who is really interested in doing a story about Scientology and homosexuality. He'd like a chance to get in touch with ex's who are gay and wouldn't mind sharing their story or ex's who have seen some less than acceptable treatment of gays while in. Based on reading people's experiences in this thread, it seems to be so common. :(

I'm not sure if anyone would be comfortable talking to a reporter, but if you'd like to, it can be done Anonymously (heehee). So no pressure at all! If you're interested, please let me know. You can reach me at [email protected] if you have any questions or if you'd like to pass along an email where the reporter could reach you. Thanks everyone~<3

Anne Ominous

Patron with Honors
Possibly best to keep your email hidden and get people to PM you, unless you want random angry Scientologists from YT *cough*Oscaper*cough* sending you nasty messages!

Terril park

Sponsor
Possibly best to keep your email hidden and get people to PM you, unless you want random angry Scientologists from YT *cough*Oscaper*cough* sending you nasty messages!

Unlikely to be a problem. My sig line URL includes an e-mail address, and I often put my phone no on the net, and its on this helpline for those wishing to leave the SO http://www.exseaorg.com/

And..... I've been promoting all the bridge available in the FZ for around 8 years.

Never been contacted by any angry scientologist in regard to all that.

DCAnon

Silver Meritorious Patron
Teehee, I doesn't afraid of angry emails! :3 If I get any, I'll giggle and be happy to post and share the crazy. Besides, who's afraid of OSA? What will they do, call me a meanie and sign me up for spam? :happydance:

Terril park

Sponsor
Hi everyone! :3

I couldn't help but leap at this thread when one of the ex's pointed it out to me. I've gotten in contact with a reporter for a gay publication who is really interested in doing a story about Scientology and homosexuality. He'd like a chance to get in touch with ex's who are gay and wouldn't mind sharing their story or ex's who have seen some less than acceptable treatment of gays while in. Based on reading people's experiences in this thread, it seems to be so common. :(

I'm not sure if anyone would be comfortable talking to a reporter, but if you'd like to, it can be done Anonymously (heehee). So no pressure at all! If you're interested, please let me know. You can reach me at [email protected] if you have any questions or if you'd like to pass along an email where the reporter could reach you. Thanks everyone~<3

There is a yahoo forum for gay scientologists. Co incidentally we are discussing this subject right now on FreezoneOrg yahoo group.

http://groups.yahoo.com/ group/ClearRainbow/