What's new

Hi all

blownstaffmember

Patron with Honors
Been reading this for a few weeks and decided to join and participate. I joined the CO$ in the late 70s at the Santa Barbara mission. Did some Dianetics auditing (back then it came before the grades) and the objectives, attested to clear a couple years later, got trained at the Orange County org (in So Cal) in the mid 80s to class IV, Sr. Sec Checker and FPRD auditor. I joined staff just before Hubbard died. It took that (being on staff) to figure out what kind of organization this really was. When attending the big "event" and hearing Miss Cabbage talk bout how Hubbard was off researching the new OT levels, I had the cognition, that I think most of you here have had - the whole thing is a sham. I packed up and walked out a few days later. Fortunately when they came to recover me, my wog wife threatened them with a lawsuit, so I was declared PTS type A and remain to this day.

I was one of those PCs whose processing goes right by the book - (lots of case gain.... yeah, right) so I thought there was really something to the tech. Back pre-Internet there was very little information available on the truth about the organization and the OT levels so my only gauge was my own personal experiences. It took a few years to realize, like I read here, it's more a recreational drug than any permanent change in abilities and well being.

Like several others have mentioned - I too was always a fairly spiritual person. I believed in the power of intention and the mind. I have had many personal experiences before scio that convinced me of my ability to influence the outcome of events, especially my own experiences - making it go right, accomplishing what you set out to do, and so on, so scio seem to offer enhancements to that innate ability - well it didn't and in fact was probably a distraction - especially the horrors of being on staff.

So anyway, I've been out for many years. Nonetheless, I get three or four phone calls and about 10 pieces of mail a day. You gotta admire their TR3. I don't mind it though. I'm betting I can ignore them longer than they can keep asking if birds fly. Every piece of mail and phone call is time and money they don't have to give to someone else.

I've been occasionally reading some of the info on the Internet, and while I can relate to some of them, I never sunk to the depths that some here have - SO RPF and such, but I'm glad the truth is now coming out.

Anyway, happy to be aboard.

Wisened One

Crusader
:welcome: blownstaffmember!

I've got a feeling you weren't the only one that walked away after that Event! :yes:

Looking forward to reading more of your stories! :drama:

xstaffWPB

Patron
Welcome blownstaffmember! I too remember the "LRH dropped his body" event quite clearly. It was in Miami for me. It was one of the first very deep "ARC breaks" I had with scn. I could never wrap my wits around the fact that, if it all happened the way that Mr. Miscarriage and the rest of them had stated, that LRH would have left some sort of 'good bye' video or recording for all scio's to watch or hear. The fact that he didn't, proved to me that either LRH was pretty much a cold and heartless person, or, that the new management were liars. Either way, that occurance was a big changing point for me in that it began the process of me taking off the rose-colored glass.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome, Blown

Welcome :wave: :happydance:

When you are ready, tell your stories. Every one of them counts.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow, Super Powers

Wow, Super Powers, I started reading Jeff's story. The first chapter had me crying. :thumbsup:

Oh, I bookmarked it, so I can go back and keep reading. Thanks.

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome to the board. Your opening post is very, very similar to my own story. Did NED auditing in the late '70s, stayed a public for a few years then joined the SO. I lasted about 6 months in the SO before I recognized the sham.

SuperPowers

Patron with Honors
Lurky

Wow, Super Powers, I started reading Jeff's story. The first chapter had me crying. :thumbsup:

Oh, I bookmarked it, so I can go back and keep reading. Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback - BTW I once had a cat who looked just like you!
He was very dear to me. :)

Last edited:

R6Basic

Patron Meritorious
Welcome Blownstaffmember!

The more I got into Scn. the less I believed the Hubbard "left hid body" on his own terms. It seemed like there was a lot more work to be done. Couldn't he have stayed around at lest until OT IX and X were out?

Human Again

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi and Welcome.

I like your take on the promo- yes! Every piece you receive is a piece that can't suck in some fresh and trusting person looking to improve themsleves.

And thank Goodness you were PTS Type A and your wife cared enough to smack 'em in the face :wife: when they tried to take another bite at you. If appropriate let her know I take my hat off to her :D :handshake:

Natascha

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
AnonyMary - your name sounds very familiar - are you a Southern California type?

Sorry, it's a pseudonym/pen name that I go by. Have for some years now.

I was in Los Angeles from late 70's to mid 80's, around PAC, CCI. I don't recall meeting anyone from your area. OC and Santa Barbara were far away glamour compared to AO, ASHO & LA Org, lol.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome blownstaffmember

It was a "witch hunt" for the SP that got me out the first time. And that was when DM was only 8 years old. Who says he was the first to harangue his good staff?

Last edited: