What's new

Hi all

timoneer

Hello

Let me start by saying that I'm not now, nor have I ever been, a member of any Scientology organization.

I just registered because I am hoping, from time to time, to ask and possibly respond to discussions on this board. I'm not a troll, nor do I intend to be disruptive. I do realize that this is an Ex-members' board, and don't want to be intruding in a private place.

I'm now in my 40's, and am from Los Angeles originally. I think that I've somehow been aware of and amused by Scientology since my teens. For a few years I had an apartment in Hollywood, a couple short blocks from the Celebrity Center. I used to enjoy my interactions with Scientologists on the street, usually on Hollywood Boulevard, when they'd approach me rather abruptly and ask seemingly random questions like "When did you last have a haircut?" and "What do you do for a living?" and watch as they scribbled my "answers" on a clipboard. I never took any courses, but did the "Personality Test" a couple times for laughs. One of those times I'd used the answers from the Clambake site and entered them in online and got an email saying to get my results at the Celebrity Center. I went, and was amused by the experience. They never did get my results that time, because "there was a problem with the computer." I did get in an introductory film, and had a little rather odd foreign guy following me around and talk up Scientology as I was waiting for my results. I've read some about Scientology, like "Bare Faced Messiah" and "Piece of Blue Sky" and have followed the antics of the Anonymous/Chanology movement.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all here. I've lurked for awhile and have found this to be an interesting place. I hope you don't mind if, from time to time, I join the conversations.

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
Hello

I just registered because I am hoping, from time to time, to ask and possibly respond to discussions on this board. I'm not a troll, nor do I intend to be disruptive.

Being a troll and acting disruptively isn't particularly seen as a Bad Thing here anyhow.

Welcome.

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
Gratefully, I can tell you emphatically that I was NOT the person on Hollywood Blvd. asking you when you last had your hair cut!

My turf was the plaza with the Wollworths in it @Vermont & Hollywood.:whistling:

guanoloco

As-Wased
Welcome! And have fun!!

"When's the last time you had a haircut?"

Awesome, dude, I have asked that very question! :yes::yes:

Mystic

Crusader
Hi timoneer. Welcome to The Board. And if you are WTFing over WTF are these "OSAbot" thingies. It's the board administrator running rampant and have a great time.

timoneer

Wow, you guys are quick to respond... thanks!

So, why did they ask me about my haircut, and how come they only ever scribbled on their clipboards? What was all that about? Were they just trying to reach out to potential new recruits? I always tried to be as nice to them, but never got a sales pitch...

AlphOhm

Traveler of time/space

So, why did they ask me about my haircut, and how come they only ever scribbled on their clipboards? What was all that about? Were they just trying to reach out to potential new recruits? I always tried to be as nice to them, but never got a sales pitch...

It was a fake survey--students doing a course exercise. The questions are supposed to give "communication lag" and also give the student an opportunity to spot "tone level" of the person being interviewed.

FoTi

Crusader

That question was designed to break mental circuitry and automatic responses to questions, like if one asks someone....."How are you?" and they automatically say
"Fine"...even if they're not fine. It was asked to break through automatic social responses people have and the drill was usually being done by a student to find out a person's emotional tone level per the Tone Scale in the technology of Scientology. It's an observation drill and the person notes down on a clipboard what they observed and tries to figure out the person's emotional tone level. It's kind of an off the wall question on purpose. It's also used in surveys to help evaluate where the person's tone level is when there are other questions that the person is also asked. It's usually students doing the drill for some course they are taking in Scientology. I hope this explanation doesn't confuse you.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader

:welcome: Timoneer :cheers:
Lolol! Could have been a couple of reasons for the haircut thingy, I'd guess most likely gauging the depth of your pockets, and the clip board thing is to make it look like something scientific is going on (there isn't). The fact you didn't get loved bombed/sale-pitched after going into the center makes me think they are running out of beautiful-lure-people or you just got lucky. Lastly, not so much 'recruits' as new 'milkcowz'..
:D

Foti's reasoning make sense actually! :) Nice
Have fun and keep on readin'!

timoneer

It's usually students doing the drill for some course they are taking in Scientology. I hope this explanation doesn't confuse you.

Not at all...

I thought it might be something like that. Once it was an older woman (I thought that she may've been Sea Org? Is that possible?) and a cute younger girl. I got the impression that one was trying to teach the younger girl how to do some sort of interview "technique."

It happened a few times. I swear though, I never thought that they were writing anything down, just scribbling...

Hatshepsut

Crusader
Welcome to ESMB timoneer!

top-10-tv-shows-that-overstayed-their-welcome-tv-program-1.jpg