What's new

Hi everyone, new member here

Redbudrose

Hello all. I don't have much to say but thought I would introduce myself since so many of you share your personal stories. I've never been a part of Scientology or know anyone who is/was but it is something I've been fascinated or horrified by for a long time. I've been reading all the horrible things the church does along with seeing all the good people who get caught up in it for approx. 15 years. It is great to see how helpful the internet has been in getting the truth out there and seeing the "church" crumble bit by bit.

-Rose

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Hello Rose,

Warm welcome to you!

Thanks for the nice post - take a comfortable seat and be part of discussions.

:)

kao

Patron
Hi Rose!

A fellow 'never-in' and i'm just as fascinated and horrified as you.

Welcome:)

-Kao

Leland

Crusader
Hi Redrosebud,

27 years in for me...and out now....14.

I can imagine it must be one hell of a train wreck....viewed from outside the bubble....!!

:p

Phoenix8

Patron with Honors
Welcome Redrosebud! Glad you're here. I agree with Claire Swazey. People that have never been involved can often add productive criticisms to a discussion. I'm new to this forum but not new to scn.

:hifive:

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
When I first got on a Scn forum (not this one) a number of never been ins told me what led them to look into Scn and CofS. Fascinating. Some had family members involved, some were curious and asked CofS a question and then got targeted, some were journalists, grad students, activists..

Most people I meet in the critic's scene are well read and interesting. A lot of very interesting points of view with everyone bringing something different to the table.

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
Hello all. I don't have much to say but thought I would introduce myself since so many of you share your personal stories. I've never been a part of Scientology or know anyone who is/was but it is something I've been fascinated or horrified by for a long time. I've been reading all the horrible things the church does along with seeing all the good people who get caught up in it for approx. 15 years. It is great to see how helpful the internet has been in getting the truth out there and seeing the "church" crumble bit by bit.

-Rose

Welcome! The media is no longer frightened by the lawsuit-happy cult and as you say, "crumble" it is! Wait until you read some of the stories here & what some very good folks have been through. Horrified is a good word and I pray that all who have had to disconnect (yes, it's real!) from their family will soon be reunited. :yes: