Hi everyone!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
You used to be the dir of comm? Oh I am sorry you went throught that? I was the OCO took over for the dir of comm. It was the latter. In was in NY well I guess the money at the post office was not used. It was bulk mail! :)
The only thing I regret was I delvered 20000 pieces. I should have thrown it away with the rest of the garbage.

--Crap! That's a big picture. Sorry if it doesn't load too well.--

Thanks for answering. I was really the HCO Cope Officer but spend almost all my time being the Dir Comm. Bulk mail, when there was an Auditor mag to get out, was a bitch. We had a huge Phillipsburg stuffing machine that looked almost exactly like this:
Almaster6.jpg

It was a wonderful machine that you just loaded with envelopes and promo and it would stuff the promo--several different pieces if you wanted--in the envelopes, and even seal the envelopes. It was full of adjustable cams and all kinds of goodies. As machines go, I had a lot of affinity for it. It was a top of the line thing, not the usual crud one sometimes makes do with. When it worked properly, it was marvellous. The idea was you walked around it, filling up the envelope and promo stations, and it would go chug chug chug and stuffed, sealed envelopes would come out the end every five or ten seconds (you could adjust the rate depending on how complex the operation and tricky it was to insert the promo) and you just bagged them up to await shipment.

That was the theory. With small envelopes and thin promo it went chugga chugga chugga and worked great. With large envelopes, thick, folded Auditor magazines and inserts, it was a BITCH! Things jammed, envelopes tore, all kinds of things went wrong. It was a complete nightmare running 20,000 pieces through this thing that went on for several days of next to no sleep. And you were supposed to get an accurate count of the number of pieces too! I fixed that by rigging up a balance with some rope and a thick metal bar and used a mailbag of known weight on one end a fixed distance from the fulcrum and measured the distance the other sack balanced and calculated its weight from that. I thought it was quite clever. :). It was pretty quick and easier than any other method I had. I wasn't going to COUNT the damn envelopes one by one.

A year or so later, I found out that the org was doing bulk mailings differently. Whereas we used to buy envelopes at say £10 a thousand (special ones that opened along the long edge for the magazine; the off-the-shelf ones opened along the short edge), some bright spark found a company that would ship the mags in heat-sealed plastic envelopes for £7 a thousand, thereby relieving the org of this huge engram every month. They would pick up the mags directly from the printer, get the address labels from the org, and we would never see the things. We did check they were mailing the things and not just throwing them away! The stuffing machine rusted away, literally, over the next few years, which was a shame as it was a lovely machine and could at least have been sold off for a good chunk of money.

I got curious about this company's wonderful machine, that could do all this promo stuffing, and went out one day with the address labels to look. It was a bunch of old and not-so-old ladies sitting around a big table! Just like an org stuffing party. I thought it was hilarious but wasn't about to complain.

Paul

nyunknown

Patron
It looks like something from the frankastine movie. What I did was to reveal what scientology for what it is garbageolgy!

nyunknown

Patron
I like opnions please. On a scale from 1 to 10 1 being an Sp to 10 being a full blow enemie of scientology where would that put me based on what I did.

sandygirl

Silver Meritorious Patron
Quote:
nyunknown I like opnions please. On a scale from 1 to 10 1 being an Sp to 10 being a full blow enemie of scientology where would that put

Well nyunknown, we've donated thousands to the IAS and it would royally piss me off to see boxes and boxes of glossy, high quality promo that fools like me paid for, JUST SITTING AROUND!!!!!! Scio=waste in my book.

So I certainly wouldn't rate you as a SP except that you should have dumped the shit in a recycle bin!!!!!

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Quote:

Well nyunknown, we've donated thousands to the IAS and it would royally piss me off to see boxes and boxes of glossy, high quality promo that fools like me paid for, JUST SITTING AROUND!!!!!! Scio=waste in my book.

So I certainly wouldn't rate you as a SP except that you should have dumped the shit in a recycle bin!!!!!

I got a serious kick out of that Sandy girl. :thumbsup: Think green.:omg:

I can't rate you because I'm totally on one side really. It wouldn't be fair.
It is sabotage though. :thumbsup:

nyunknown

Patron
I can't rate you because I'm totally on one side really. It wouldn't be fair.
It is sabotage though.

Ok on a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate me as a saboture?

nyunknown

Patron

So I certainly wouldn't rate you as a SP except that you should have dumped the shit in a recycle bin!!!!![/QUOTE]

Oh oh! I did'nt not think of that I quess that make me an enemy of the enivormetalists. Please forgive me! There was'nt any recycling of paper at that time so Please forgive me!:melodramatic:

nyunknown

Patron
One other thing I wanted to write in this tread. A few years after I left. I had mixed feelings. I wanted to come back. There was an amnesty program for people like me who blew. Then when day I went shopping then I saw the time magazine story, my blood ran cold! I could not believe what I was reading. I hope no one here thinks I was being nieve. but the word cult never crossed my mind. What did for me was when I read about noah lottick. When he killed himself. the reality set in when he was found on top of a car with only $171.00 in his hands. I thought to myself My God. I spent a lot of sleepness nights working, getting the bulk mail ready. I used to push the handtruck right across the milford plaza hotel. Where they found his body. I realized then I could never come back. Was it all worth it? No! Then I read the rest. I was thinking what the hell did I get myself into at that time? I was think of noah parents and what they went through. I have read about some of the other deaths that occured LRH's "church". The sea org along with david M. are a bunch of insane fanatics. I would like to see the whole thing brought down!

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I got curious about this company's wonderful machine, that could do all this promo stuffing, and went out one day with the address labels to look. It was a bunch of old and not-so-old ladies sitting around a big table! Just like an org stuffing party. I thought it was hilarious but wasn't about to complain.

Paul

The reality is, unless you are mailing out 10 million pieces of something, it's cheaper to have it done by hand by some company that has a bunch of temps or a third world country in their building doing it than to do it by machine.

You would be amazed at how much stuff you see that is handwork.