What's new

Hi Friends! I'm LichenAnonaMoss

LichenAnonaMoss

Nothing feels better than BEING FREE! SPEAKING FREELY, THINKING FOR MYSELF, Thanks to all who had the courage to leave and speak out! I managed to never get on staff, or in the Sea Org, but have been a public for over 15 years. I still get texts, emails, voice messages, and letters with those silly leaflets enclosed. Blew course when I realized that lrh spoke of his good friend, Alistair Crowley! NOT FOR ME NO THANK YOU!!! It took me a few months to search the Internet, and its not CASE, its critical thinking! I love Jason Beghe and his in your face NY,NY! He and Tory made me feel not so alone and foolish, wish I looked earlier, but, I'm free now, and loving my new life LOTS OF LOVE TO YOU ALL! LichenAnonaMoss.

Orglodyte 2

Patron with Honors
Nothing feels better than BEING FREE! SPEAKING FREELY, THINKING FOR MYSELF, Thanks to all who had the courage to leave and speak out! I managed to never get on staff, or in the Sea Org, but have been a public for over 15 years. <snip> loving my new life LOTS OF LOVE TO YOU ALL! LichenAnonaMoss.

Welcome to ESMB! I had a similar trajectory. May you be emitting occasional whoops of joy for many years to come.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Nothing feels better than BEING FREE! SPEAKING FREELY, THINKING FOR MYSELF, Thanks to all who had the courage to leave and speak out! I managed to never get on staff, or in the Sea Org, but have been a public for over 15 years. I still get texts, emails, voice messages, and letters with those silly leaflets enclosed. Blew course when I realized that lrh spoke of his good friend, Alistair Crowley! NOT FOR ME NO THANK YOU!!! It took me a few months to search the Internet, and its not CASE, its critical thinking! I love Jason Beghe and his in your face NY,NY! He and Tory made me feel not so alone and foolish, wish I looked earlier, but, I'm free now, and loving my new life LOTS OF LOVE TO YOU ALL! LichenAnonaMoss.

Could you elaborate on your critical thinking process and any particularly helpful references or web sites that you found which could be of benefit to others who are going through the same thing?

It has been a very long time since I listened to the tape, I believe it was on a tape, where LRH mentions Aleister Crowley. I seem to recall he was a bit tongue-in-cheek. We all know how he could be very sardonic and the tendency is to take this with a grain of salt. However, you had to pursue the matter beyond the classroom Cheat Card and other completely inadequate reference material to risk exposure to banned internet content. Clearly this is no small act of defiance as it has led you here.

Victoria

Patron Meritorious
Could you elaborate on your critical thinking process and any particularly helpful references or web sites that you found which could be of benefit to others who are going through the same thing?

It has been a very long time since I listened to the tape, I believe it was on a tape, where LRH mentions Aleister Crowley. I seem to recall he was a bit tongue-in-cheek. We all know how he could be very sardonic and the tendency is to take this with a grain of salt. However, you had to pursue the matter beyond the classroom Cheat Card and other completely inadequate reference material to risk exposure to banned internet content. Clearly this is no small act of defiance as it has led you here.
Yes, and as the onion peels you find out that Crowley thought Hubbard was a bumbling lout. That's not exactly BFF;)

Some Random Guy

Patron with Honors
It has been a very long time since I listened to the tape, I believe it was on a tape, where LRH mentions Aleister Crowley. I seem to recall he was a bit tongue-in-cheek. We all know how he could be very sardonic and the tendency is to take this with a grain of salt.

Doctor Hubbard may have had a sardonic attitude to Crowley, possibly due to the fact that the good doctor borrowing heavily from the The Beast. That famous Doctorate Course (PDCs) used many of Crowleys concepts and processes. This was not the first time he stole from his Guru either. Remember The Factors?

In "Tek" parlance, I would say that Hubbard had committed O/Ws against Aleister Crowley and that is the reason for his criticism.:melodramatic:

Some Random Guy

Patron with Honors
Tek parlance or not, you are inferring that the 'tek' works, when we all know that it doesn't.

Ok.

Hubbard had to diss the original source of some of his "discoveries" to prevent his followers finding out that he was a thief.

Sorry for the gobbledegook Strativarius, I'm new here. Maybe I was looking for a bit of "the most valuable particle in this universe". :duh:

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron
What a great first post - all triumph and jubilation

Welcome welcome (from a never-in...we don't all think former scientologists are bat-shit crazy)

:cheerleader: