What's new

Hi from Vancouver Canada

Merlin

Hi I've been out for 4 years now. Was in for 23 years much of it was spent on staff. My own sister turned both my husband and I in after I told her the truth about the Cof$.

I'm currently helping my nephew fight for custody of his 10 year old son after his ex took him away from him. The ex's step mother is staff in Van and heads DSA. They used the Church's lawyer to file the Notice of Claim. My nephew's ex lives with my sister and brother in law (my nephews mother & father) they've disconnected from their son and are accessories in keeping his son away from him.
It's an ugly mess and the legal fight is outrageously expensive.

He's posted a GoFundMe page to help raise funds for legal fees. Any donation would be very much appreciated!

https://www.gofundme.com/scientology-stole-my-son

Merlin

Hi thanks! He's my nephew. I'm spreading the story far and wide. We need as much support as we can get. Situation is critical!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Hi I've been out for 4 years now. Was in for 23 years much of it was spent on staff. My own sister turned both my husband and I in after I told her the truth about the Cof$.

I'm currently helping my nephew fight for custody of his 10 year old son after his ex took him away from him. The ex's step mother is staff in Van and heads DSA. They used the Church's lawyer to file the Notice of Claim. My nephew's ex lives with my sister and brother in law (my nephews mother & father) they've disconnected from their son and are accessories in keeping his son away from him.
It's an ugly mess and the legal fight is outrageously expensive.

He's posted a GoFundMe page to help raise funds for legal fees. Any donation would be very much appreciated!

https://www.gofundme.com/scientology-stole-my-son

Hi Merlin, wow! :omg: Sorry you're family was affected this way by Scientology.

I was involved myself for 10 years and regret that I ever supported this cult in any way.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Like I said on the other thread:

The objective is to make them decide that it's less trouble to give the kid to the non Scn parent. The younger the kid is, the more likely this is.

For a ten year old kid, he's not old enough to produce as a staff member. He's also required to go to school. Going to public school can create problems, particularly if the teacher detects neglect (inevitable with the young child of a staff member), and gets Child Protective Services (or whatever they're called in Canada) involved.​

The kid is 10. I'm guessing that ex-wife is heavily involved in Scn, resulting in little in the way of funds on her part, since most of her money and time will go for services or being on staff. Ten is a good age to make the point "Look, you will not be able to care for the child. Let me have custody". Make sure that DSA (and more importantly, DSA's seniors) know that you are prepared to go as ugly as you need to go in order to get custody, and will go away quietly once you get custody.

Is the kid in school? Is he getting his education? Are you willing to go ugly in order to protect him? Start by contacting British Columbia Child Protective Services, express your concern about his welfare, and make a formal request that they send somebody to check on him.

Be willing to go public, and get ugly. The one thing that OSA desires to avoid is bad publicity. Threaten LOTS of bad publicity over this.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
You don't even need to get into expensive legal contests. How many buddies does dad have? He used to be in the military? He might have a whole bunch of people in his former unit who might be willing to help.

How many would be willing to call (or even visit) the org to complain about the org's breaking up dad's family? Probably more people than the Org would be wanting to see show up. Scientology has lawyers, and long experience in messing with people via the legal system. As much as possible, avoid playing the game by their rules.

Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" has a collection of techniques for use by underdogs going up against big organizations. I think you should look at it.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

In my prior post about looking at the book "Rules for Radicals" for helpful hints, one rule in particular may be useful:

13. "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it." Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.​

One thing that caught my eye was the part "They used the Church's lawyer to file the Notice of Claim". I wonder if step-mother-in-law, the DSA, had authorization to use Church resources for a personal matter? Perhaps her seniors at OSA Int should be asked this?

I think the key, vulnerable person to focus on here is step-mom-in-law-the-DSA. Who is she, and why is she using Church resources to facilitate breaking the law, by attempting to deny dad contact with his son? I'm thinking that she should be looked into, not as the nameless "DSA", but personally by name. Who is she? What are her crimes? What other illegal or improper acts is she involved in?

Just be sure to make it clear to them that they can end this easily, that all he wants is his son, and if he gets custody, you will go away quietly. This is very important -- make sure they know they can make the problem go away easily and cheaply.