What's new

Hi, I'm Leafy

Leafy

Patron
Hi there. :)

Ex-scientologist, did my time in the cult, escaped by the skin of my nearly-autistic imperviousness to group-think, following scn news and history since late 90s, have followed only occasionally in recent years. I heard of this site through a.r.s. but was reminded recently in a thread on FRDB and decided to join.

Every time I think I've lost interest in the cult, or rather, every time I think I am free of it, I'll see a news item or discussion thread about it. Seems just as much of a flaming clusterfuck as ever. I remember thinking in the late 90s that the Internet would make short work of this predatory cult - and technology really has served to expose every dirty secret and crime the cult has perpetuated in the last 60 years - but as a psychology student, ex-victim, lover of intellectual freedom, and champion of autonomy of conscience, I now understand some of the mechanisms by which people are mindfucked by this predatory cult and I see that it is still a festering pustule on the ass of humanity. On a personal level, it seems that whether I like it or not, I'm not going truly be free of Ron's monster until it is dead, a mere curiosity of the information age, and relegated to academic studies of fascism and mental slavery, a tragic joke of history.

There are a few topics I'd like to talk about when I get a chance to start threads on them:
  • the neurological affects of many hours of exposure to low-voltage currents in auditing especially as may relate to exteriorization.
  • the process of undoing cult damage - for me it went like this: I'm just taking a break... to: I support reform... to: the Free Zone... to: Fuck this shit and all it represents; there is no viable baby in this bathwater.
  • dreams and nightmares about being back in the cult even after many years of returning to wog life.

I hope I get the chance to hear your thoughts on these topics, but for now, I'd just like to say hello and maybe respond to some of the many stories and topics you have been discussing here.

Feel free to ask me any questions if you like, but I won't promise to answer everything. As far as the cult knows or thinks it knows, I'm a Class V auditor with connections to BB, Flag, and a local org somewhere in between. Never in the Sea Org. I've made a conscious effort to lose the cult lingo, but I understand it as well as ever, unfortunately.

I'm impressed by the community you have created here. You've done a superb job. Congratulations on your freedom and the road you have helped pave so that others can have a better chance to do the same.

Leafy

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi Leafy. Welcome to the community.

I think you are right when you say that every time you think you are free of it, something else comes along. There is much value in discussing your experiences with others who have been through the same thing. In that Scn controls by installing false data that you then operate on, in order to really see how you got stuck in there in the first place you need to examine all this stuff a piece at a time. IMO anyway. :)

Have fun here. :thumbsup:

uniquemand

Unbeliever

Hi back!

There are a few topics I'd like to talk about when I get a chance to start threads on them:
  • the neurological affects of many hours of exposure to low-voltage currents in auditing especially as may relate to exteriorization.
  • the process of undoing cult damage - for me it went like this: I'm just taking a break... to: I support reform... to: the Free Zone... to: Fuck this shit and all it represents; there is no viable baby in this bathwater.
  • dreams and nightmares about being back in the cult even after many years of returning to wog life.

I hope I get the chance to hear your thoughts on these topics, but for now, I'd just like to say hello and maybe respond to some of the many stories and topics you have been discussing here.

Look around a little. Your first two issues are discussed frequently, primarily by Arnie Lerma, or references to his site are made concerning these things, though perhaps not specifically regarding the low-voltage and exteriorization connection. You might want to look into the similarities between exteriorization and a well-known phenomenon in psychology called "dissociation", which certainly could be caused by high-voltage. I'm not a believer in the low-voltage over long time equals high-voltage over short-time idea, but it might be interesting to you nonetheless.

We all love stories and topics, so please introduce yourself a lot, and we'll love it. :drama:

Feel free to ask me any questions if you like, but I won't promise to answer everything. As far as the cult knows or thinks it knows, I'm a Class V auditor with connections to BB, Flag, and a local org somewhere in between. Never in the Sea Org. I've made a conscious effort to lose the cult lingo, but I understand it as well as ever, unfortunately.

I'm impressed by the community you have created here. You've done a superb job. Congratulations on your freedom and the road you have helped pave so that others can have a better chance to do the same.

Leafy

Thanks, Leafy. Emma does the work on the site, and deserves most of the credit for its existence. Many of us are frequent posters and have done a lot of research, both on the cult and in other fields, so we have fun ripping it apart as well as ripping each other's ideas apart. We try to keep it very civil, but you'll probably run into some folks who aren't here to increase the peace. :)

Glad you're here, looking forward to your contributions. :thumbsup::biggrin::coolwink:

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Hi

There has been heaps of good books out about the abuse in Scientology over last 3 years. About 5 with number 6 out next month, check out Amazon.com

>>> •dreams and nightmares about being back in the cult even after many years of returning to wog life.

yeah, that is "normal".
Look in local library for Cult Abuse & Exscn forums.

Keep in touch, the shit continues to hit the fan for Cof$.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi Leafy,welcome.

wondering have you been tracked down and harassed with incessant Scn mail?

Class V auditor , are you on the most wanted list.

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
Dang it...I'm adoring the first post. Clicking the 'like' button just doesn't quite pass muster for me on it.:) Hope to hear more from ya. Recovery from this dang thing is an ongoing process... was starting to go into details, but it's your thread so I deleted (which I think was the right thing to do); I'd rather hear more from ya. Welcome.

Hatshepsut

Crusader
url

The_Fixer

Class Clown

Ex-scientologist, did my time in the cult, escaped by the skin of my nearly-autistic imperviousness to group-think, following scn news and history since late 90s, have followed only occasionally in recent years. I heard of this site through a.r.s. but was reminded recently in a thread on FRDB and decided to join.

Every time I think I've lost interest in the cult, or rather, every time I think I am free of it, I'll see a news item or discussion thread about it. Seems just as much of a flaming clusterfuck as ever. I remember thinking in the late 90s that the Internet would make short work of this predatory cult - and technology really has served to expose every dirty secret and crime the cult has perpetuated in the last 60 years - but as a psychology student, ex-victim, lover of intellectual freedom, and champion of autonomy of conscience, I now understand some of the mechanisms by which people are mindfucked by this predatory cult and I see that it is still a festering pustule on the ass of humanity. On a personal level, it seems that whether I like it or not, I'm not going truly be free of Ron's monster until it is dead, a mere curiosity of the information age, and relegated to academic studies of fascism and mental slavery, a tragic joke of history.

Leafy

Love the highlighted quote. You have a way with words....

Welcome to our clan. Hope you enjoy the journey with us.

pnut

Patron
Wonderfully-written first post! I think you'll be an asset for ESMB,
hope you enjoy you're time here:thumbsup:

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron

Leafy

Hi Leafy, I like your nick, I defy anyone to simply cut their years of being in the cult from their existence, in my case it has been 25 years and i am still fucked only i doubt i really know by how much, so i pretend i am doing fine. How does one wipe away all those years like so much; they didn't happen?

Meanwhile i make sure the cult pays....

James

Leafy

Patron
Ah, so much to respond to! Thanks for the welcomes. I'll be back later for more lengthy responses. I have a lot to say about this cult.

However, I think I gave the wrong impression. I, as an individual, am more than free of cult think and dogma. My life is scientology-free except that I love to tell people exactly why it is a predatory, destructive cult whenever the topic arises. It's just that I operate under a world view that actually includes the world and that world contains scientology (and rapist priests, and predatory gurus, and liars for Jesus, etc.). I do not want to live out my existence in a womb of delusion that these things don't exist. I'm driven to expose and ridicule religious predation as viciously (and honestly and truthfully!) as necessary until the purveyors of such are bum-rushed out of any sphere of influence they may have on their unsuspecting fellow human beings.

I live a peaceful life, but I believe peace comes from seeing things as they are and not being afraid to kill bullshit with fire. Peace doesn't come from looking for it or from hiding in a warm cave. Peace is a byproduct of doing the right thing by beings who have the capacity to suffer. That's my belief.

More later, and thanks again. :flowers2: