Hi I'm new

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi Everyone,

I have meant to join for a while, and today I finally did. I'm a scn kid, grew up with my parents on staff. I rememeber the early days well - I was in Sydney in the 1960s then we moved to EG in the early 70s.
I'm hoping to find some friends who I lost contact with this way.
I was on Staff in the early 1980s but grew up around St Hill so know many people from there too.
I finally got out about 10 years ago now.
I now live in Australia - there is life after Scn and it's MUCH better.

Cheers
Dorothy

I just saw this thread - Welcome Dorothy! and welcome to your freedom. Glad to see you here! :happydance:

Opter

Silver Meritorious Patron
:welcome2: Dorothy

Waiting for your story (when you are ready!:thumbsup: Tomorrow?:wink2)

Opter

Last edited:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Hi Dorothy, I sent you a PM (Private message). If you didn't get it, check the link at the top right of the screen where your welcome is and there is a link.
:)

Whitedove

Patron Meritorious
:welcome: Dorothy

I just saw your post. Sorry for the delay.

You sure wont find this place boring. There is great people here. :yes:

A few can be pain in the butt sometimes :coolwink: but in all its a great place

:itstrue:

Sorry I haven't responded earlier - I've been madly busy and will be till early next week.
My real name isn't Dorothy - I picked Dorothy In Oz as a name as Scn is like Oz, it isn't really like you thought at all.....
Anyways I don't want to say my name - I don't have a goldenrod as yet and still have family in Scn :( so don't want to get declared if I can avoid it - which maybe I can't.
I'm in my 40s if that helps anyone figure out who I am.
Anyways I shall write more next week. Hope you all have a lovely weekend. It's really really lovely being made to feel so welcome - I've felt alone and somewhat of an outcast sometimes since I left. Now I don't - thanks guys !:)

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sorry I haven't responded earlier - I've been madly busy and will be till early next week.
My real name isn't Dorothy - picked Dorothy In Oz as a name as Scn is like Oz,
Anyways I shall write more next week. Hope you all have a lovely weekend. It's really really lovely being made to feel so welcome - I've felt alone and somewhat of an outcast sometimes since I left. Now I don't - thanks guys !:)

Hi Dorothy, I've thought of the similarties of Oz and Scientology many times too!!

I remember when I first joined being overwhelmed by the support and the number of people that understood. I had felt "alone" for so long as well. I'm glad you found ESMB!

-TL

FoTi

Crusader
:welcome2: Welcome Dorothy. :welcome2:

Glad you came to the party. :party:

I hope you can tell us at least some of your story in the My Story section here on ESMB. We love stories. :yes: But I totally understand your not wanting to disrupt your family scene. I wouldn't want to lose mine either (if I still had one). I gave up mine for Scientology because I'd swallowed the coolaid (lies the C of S dishes out as bait). I've shed many tears over that.

I also look forward to your story, DorothyInOz though I am still new enough myself that I have many of the other stories to read yet.

I've been out over 20 years, but found this wonderful place and enjoy the serious discussions, banter and stories. I left scn far behind & moved on in my life, but I find this forum is helping to heal the part of my spirit that was negatively impacted in its association with that strange organization. (I did spend 8 years calling myself a member of it)

It's nice, now, not to feel alone or outcast and know there are others out there that can discuss their experiences and honestly communicate what they want about the Co$.

Doom

Lurking.
Tough road

I grew up in the SO so yeah its a tough road, and welcome to the road where you can choose your path and your dreams:thumbsup: