What's new

Hi, left the cult months ago (after 20 years in it)

Raphael

Hello, great to have you with us!

I know exactly how weird and confusing the first months out of scientology can be, especially for a 2nd or 3rd generation scientologist. Speaking from experience: Its worth it, hang in there. In my case after the first 6 month or so everything became smooth sailing.

Great to see you are enjoying the real world. Feel free to say as much or as little about your experiences inside scientology as you like. Keep in mind people from the church might be reading the forum.

Having said that, its exciting to see someone who left recently and if you are willing to speak about your experiences, I'd be thrilled to hear how things change changed inside CoS recently.

I'd say you are on the right path once you stop thinking of leaving scientology as "a cycle" ;)

Sure ask me, I don't care anymore about what the "Church" wants... I'm free now.

Nowdays the church is a full time fundraising activity. Fundraising events every week. Churches are empty, ideal orgs too. The people that are going there are pretty much the same, very few people are new. I've been in the Sea Org in italy and Denmark, staff member in Rome.

Raphael

I
Oh wow (I feel for you, I really do) and of course you need time ... anyone would.

I hope you know that you have friends here and will talk to us about any issues as they come up so we can hopefully try to lessen the load.

One day you must tell us how you found ESMB, I have never asked anyone that before but would love to know.

I was reading an article on Rolling Stones about ex Scientologisy kids and I looked on Google if there was a group, site or forum about it

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Hi Raphael and welcome!!!

On the bright side, do you remember being told that if you leave Scientology you will die a horrible death, get run over suddenly by a bus, be doomed spiritually for eternity, or other such scare tactics? Or that the wog world is full of horrible DBs and evil suppressives, and you will be doomed to a life as a DB if you ever leave? Well, many on this board have been out for DECADES, and posting about their experiences. They did not get run over by a bus, are not all flipping burgers in MacDonald's, and did not cave in and die of pneumonia when they read OTIII on the internet. So don't worry.
That's a nice toughtful post.
When being out for decades, we may forget those fears our mind had to fight in the early days.

Welcome Raphael,

We are here for whatever you may need, but you seems so determinate, you will find your way home.

After some adaptation and transition, you will discover a new world offering lot of opportunities for you to enjoy life and meet with lot of good and generous people.

I wish the very best to you!

P.S. I hope you like to laugh since there are a bunch of naughty people here!

Last edited:

Karakorum

supressively reasonable
Sure ask me, I don't care anymore about what the "Church" wants... I'm free now.

Nowdays the church is a full time fundraising activity. Fundraising events every week. Churches are empty, ideal orgs too. The people that are going there are pretty much the same, very few people are new. I've been in the Sea Org in italy and Denmark, staff member in Rome.
Thanks.

1. Has the RPF really been abolished, or was that just some PR stunt and there is still something like an RPF (maybe under a diff name now?)
2. You mentioned LA, do you know who is currently the Comm Sec at AOLA? Who is in charge of dept 3 at ASHO and AOLA? Who is in charge of Ethics Inv at WUS? Is Huck Taylor still around?
3. Do they still FPRD people who express negative opinions on abortion? Do they still push abortions on SO members?
4. Who is formally in charge of OSA? Elaine? Is it true she is in the hole (or at least locked away somewhere)?
5. Do they still promote the cause resurgence rundown as a thing for regular public, instead of a punishment as it was initially intended?
6. If I can ask for names, do you know what happened to Lynn Farny, Susan Devlin or William "Bill" Kilpatrick? Or old man Pomerantz? They still in?
7. You mentioned the idle orgs are... well, idle and empty. So is there a common belief that things are falling apart? Or do most scientologists still believe that "we are the fastest growing religion"?
8. If people are aware that things are going very wrong, then who do they blame? And is there something that most people talk about as a solution?
9. Is there any talk of Hubbard returning or planning to return? Or is the dogma now: "He went to T2 and won't come back"?

Last edited:

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Thanks.

1. Has the RPF really been abolished, or was that just some PR stunt and there is still somethink like an RPF (maybe under a diff name now?)
I can hazard a guess at this one:

HCOPL 1 Jan 2019 Cancellation of RPF

The term RPF is hereby cancelled. This does not alter any existing Scientology policy on the rehabilitation of Sea Org members, which is to be handled standardly as per L. Ron Hubbard policy.

LRH: DM: TC

Extract from the Scientology dictionary for hard to find Scientology symbols and abbreviations: "The symbol ":", found at the bottom of LRH tech and policy issues, is a technical Scientology symbol signifying that the terminal whose initials precede the ":" has authority, per the Command Channels of Scientology, to bitch-slap the terminal succeeding the ":"" (HCOPL 1 Aug 81 Bitch-slap technology: A new technical breakthrough).

Joanne M Gillis

Following Steven Mango on you tube (and Leah Remini) has led me here and I have only been interested in Learning about the extreme criminal abuses of Scientology for one year and a half. I am not an ex-Scientologist but I feel like I can get something from this blog because I was in a 22 year marriage with a mental, Financial, and Legal abuser. Scientology Has to be taken down! It preys on innocent people. Also, the idea that young people and children who need and deserve support and protection are being hurt terribly -is particularly horrifying. They are naturally trusting of adults. How evil!! I know I have trouble with trust, because of the hurt I have, but I have gained tremendous knowledge about how Manipulation works. In the beginning I believed I would never heal and it did take time. Be good to yourself

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Following Steven Mango on you tube (and Leah Remini) has led me here and I have only been interested in Learning about the extreme criminal abuses of Scientology for one year and a half. I am not an ex-Scientologist but I feel like I can get something from this blog because I was in a 22 year marriage with a mental, Financial, and Legal abuser. Scientology Has to be taken down! It preys on innocent people. Also, the idea that young people and children who need and deserve support and protection are being hurt terribly -is particularly horrifying. They are naturally trusting of adults. How evil!! I know I have trouble with trust, because of the hurt I have, but I have gained tremendous knowledge about how Manipulation works. In the beginning I believed I would never heal and it did take time. Be good to yourself

Unfortunately most Co$ abuses AREN'T criminal.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Unfortunately, most abuse of the cult ARE criminal, but their "pseudo religions status" protect them from any prosecution related to their mafia criminal conduct.

But, COS have yet been convicted in the past, in different countries, and L Ron Hubbard, the disgusting ballless fucker throw Her wife under the bus to serve sentence in place of him.

Aftermath show had a lot of testimonies providing records of criminal behaviors of Ron Hubbard, Misscavitch and the COS and it's many entities.

vumba

Danielle Chamberlin
Hi everyone,

The good thing is that now I really understand what freedom is and I enjoy it.

Be gentle to yourself Raphael. Welcome to the site. It takes time to learn to relax again without looking over your shoulder all the time, or wondering whose watching you. Just ease yourself down, and if you need us, there are lots of lovely people here who will support you. Xx

Flora

Patron
Hi Raphael.
Congratulations on breaking free from Scientology. I've never been a member myself, but I am interested in the methods used by cults to brainwash people, so I was curious about your comments regarding trance states and hypnotic words. Can you explain how they put people into a trance state, and what hypnotic words are? I hope you dont mind my questions.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Unfortunately, most abuse of the cult ARE criminal, but their "pseudo religions status" protect them from any prosecution related to their mafia criminal conduct.

But, COS have yet been convicted in the past, in different countries, and L Ron Hubbard, the disgusting ballless fucker throw Her wife under the bus to serve sentence in place of him.

Aftermath show had a lot of testimonies providing records of criminal behaviors of Ron Hubbard, Misscavitch and the COS and it's many entities.
Scientology's bonafides as to being a religion are in good order

EZ Linus

Cleared Tomato
Hi Raphael. Welcome.

I remember what it was like for me right after I was out. I too spent some 20 years in, and they were the early years too. I left around the same age as you. I'm embraced by the ex-Scientology kids, even though a lot of them grew up in the SO and I didn't have parents in and wasn't in the Sea Org. However, I was on staff for a little while and I was intensely involved at various times.

The first couple years out were surreal. I felt odd, depressed, but glad I was out, for sure. I didn't know how or what to think, what was right or wrong a lot of the time. I had a hard time making simple decisions, and wondered what to believe about the universe and all that shit. But I started to embrace the idea of not knowing. I really liked that after some time. Not everything is knowable, and so what? Nothing wrong with that. It humbled me. It opened me to more discovery than I ever experienced in the cult. Way more authentic, way more fun and interesting. Way more human.

I am so glad to hear that the ex-Scientology kids website brought you here. That's wonderful!!!! Welcome again. :)

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
Scientology's bonafides as to being a religion are in good order
chickenselfaware.jpg