What's new

Hi & welcome back

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
unbelievable......
The forum is running here now much faster, and I even can login (which I couldn't the last six months with the old software)

What a pleasure - many thanks !!!

Last edited:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Very quick coz I gotta run to work...

Things left to do:
1. Import our famous smilies
2. Implement Xenforo's version of the thanks/like thingie
3. Bring the blogs back in
4. Get a kickass chat.
5. Get a shiny new theme

Lot's of other little things but those are the main things.

It will be at least a month before I have everything as I want it. There may be some more downtime while some of these things get done but I expect it to be a minimum.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Things left to do:
4. Get a kickass chat.
5. Get a shiny new theme

It will be at least a month before I have everything as I want it. There may be some more downtime while some of these things get done but I expect it to be a minimum.

The whole transition feels new and fun and exciting to be part of!

Beautiful work!

As for the rest of the remodeling & tweaks---pace yourself baby! LOL. (everyone's lovin' it already!)

Veda

Sponsor

Things left to do:
4. Get a kickass chat.
5. Get a shiny new theme

You probably know this already but:

There are some links and videos that aren't working.

On the right side of the screen, there's no list of new threads.

The good news is that the new search function is excellent.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
You probably know this already but:

There are some links and videos that aren't working.

On the right side of the screen, there's no list of new threads.

The good news is that the new search function is excellent.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Hey Veda, glad you are happy with the search function :p. You were front of mind when I was purchasing it.

Can you point me to some posts that have issues (video's that don't work etc) so I can try and troubleshoot the problems.

Ta.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Emma, are you aware that the stats on who is signed in, # members online, #guests and #robots are visible to the general public? It lists the names of members that are online. I know this was changed on the old platform sometime back, so that only members could see that info on the main page

As well, Is the default setting now that one is listed as online ? If so, members may now have to go to their settings and uncheck so as to not be viewed online if they prefer not to be listed as a member in the stats

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Oh! Oh! Oh!

I've just discovered that my "Comic sans" font didn't come across from the old board, so it's nervous breakdown time for me (and for
Karen too I expect, lol).

:confused:

On a serious note there is a "save drafts" thingy that would be really useful ... but at this point I can't get it to work (not urgent but may be worth fixing if possible one day, pretty please).

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Oh! Oh! Oh!

I've just discovered that my "Comic sans" font didn't come across from the old board, so it's nervous breakdown time for me (and for
Karen too I expect, lol).

:confused:

On a serious note there is a "save drafts" thingy that would be really useful ... but at this point I can't get it to work (not urgent but may be worth fixing if possible one day, pretty please).

I will fix this just for you Trouble :)

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Emma, thank you for gradually making the MB format changes to look more and more like it did before the software change.

BTW, I suggest that the lines between posts on a thread be much darker.

Last edited:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Emma, thank you for gradually making the MB format changes to look more and more like it did before the software change.

BTW, I suggest that the lines between posts on a thread be much darker.

I agree. There are a number of styling changes I'll make to this theme if I don't find another theme that has everything I need.

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
Looked a bit further into it.

printthread also seems to work fine
attachment works
index also works
member works

find user not so much :(

replacing find_user function for member function should do the trick, but I'll let Incredulicide who maintains the big list wiki be the judge.

The following works, as mentioned by Incredulicide

Old link:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/search.php?do=finduser&u=5263

New link:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/search/member?user_id=5263&content=thread

The new link gives the same results that the old used to give.
Could you let Emma know the above in case this is a redirect that can be done serverside?

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
Emma, are you aware that the stats on who is signed in, # members online, #guests and #robots are visible to the general public? It lists the names of members that are online. I know this was changed on the old platform sometime back, so that only members could see that info on the main page

As well, Is the default setting now that one is listed as online ? If so, members may now have to go to their settings and uncheck so as to not be viewed online if they prefer not to be listed as a member in the stats

Maybe it helps (for now) that you can find this in the user menu, left side below

Naamloos.png

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
I agree. There are a number of styling changes I'll make to this theme if I don't find another theme that has everything I need.
Once you've decided on a theme and colors, if you'd like half a dozen or eight alternative designs
for a new logo, just ask me.

A couple examples:

2.jpg 1.jpg

Ex-Scientologist-Message-Board.jpg

If happy with what you have . . . OK then.

Just offering since I do design work. ;)

Last edited:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you Emma!

Love the new site.

Do tell Girl.....did you use this to get this massive project done so quickly?

Keeping Ex Scientology Message Board Working

Check Sheet

1. "Having the correct technology"
  2. "Knowing the technology"
  3. "Knowing it is correct"
  4. "Teaching correctly the correct technology"
  5. "Applying the technology"
  6. "Seeing that the technology is correctly applied"
  7. "Hammering out of existence incorrect technology"
  8. "Knocking out incorrect applications"
  9. "Closing the door on any possibility of incorrect technology"
  10. "Closing the door on incorrect application"

You are extremely Oat Tea to get this done in the quick and efficient manner you displayed - right before our eyes. VWD!

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I tried to log in several times yesterday but got an error page. I was using a bookmark which referenced '... exscn.net/forum.php'. It wasn't until I removed the forum.php bit by hand and tried again that I discovered that the board was up and running. I could have been waiting for days. Lol.

As I write there are only 4 members online. I wonder if a few others are having the same problem.