What's new

Hi & welcome back

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
I tried to log in several times yesterday but got an error page. I was using a bookmark which referenced '... exscn.net/forum.php'. It wasn't until I removed the forum.php bit by hand and tried again that I discovered that the board was up and running. I could have been waiting for days. Lol.

As I write there are only 4 members online. I wonder if a few others are having the same problem.

Yup, same here. Seems to be a redirect from exscn.net to exscn.net/forum.php which is no longer valid.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I used to be able to stay logged in until I logged out or quite the browser but now I have to log in after a few minutes of inactivity. How do I stay logged in?

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
For the wish list . . .

On the other site, readers had the option of choosing one of several color combinations for the look on their monitors. For my monitor and my eyes, I find that light blue / light grey pastels are harder to read on my already bright LED computer screen. On the old site, I chose the darker variation (headlines and text) of the site for reading.

Would be great to have that kind of selection available again. Would be nice.

My two cents. Thanks!

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
For the wish list . . .

On the other site, readers had the option of choosing one of several color combinations for the look on their monitors.
WWP is also based on Xenforo. That site does have this feature, though it is hidden quite well. WAAAY down the front page

Naamloos.png

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I used to be able to stay logged in until I logged out or quite the browser but now I have to log in after a few minutes of inactivity. How do I stay logged in?
There's a little box beside where you log in that says 'Stay logged in.' You could try ticking that.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Yup, same here. Seems to be a redirect from exscn.net to exscn.net/forum.php which is no longer valid.

I've alerted the techies to this. Hopefully it will be fixed today.

There's a little box beside where you log in that says 'Stay logged in.' You could try ticking that.

What he said :)

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
For the wish list . . .

On the other site, readers had the option of choosing one of several color combinations for the look on their monitors. For my monitor and my eyes, I find that light blue / light grey pastels are harder to read on my already bright LED computer screen. On the old site, I chose the darker variation (headlines and text) of the site for reading.

Would be great to have that kind of selection available again. Would be nice.

My two cents. Thanks!

There will definitely be options for different themes to choose from. I just need time to do that. My biggest priority right now is the smilies. I hate seeing :biggrin: everywhere in the older posts.

Veda

Sponsor
I've fixed that one. If you find any others list them here & I'll fix them.

Thanks much. There are probably hundreds of similar glitches with videos, and I've no way of linking to the specific post, only to a thread.

It would be an enormous task and impractical for you - and unfair to you.

Is it possible for you could give me the power to indefinitely be able to edit my own posts, and correct the problem myself, as I come across it?

Then, over time, I could correct some of the vast number of glitches.

That's the only realistic solution that comes to mind.

Thanks.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Maybe it helps (for now) that you can find this in the user menu, left side below

View attachment 13764

^^^that is the area of the default setting I referred to in my post. I wasn't concerned for myself on being visible, as I always keep my setting to not be visible. Your reply should help others who may not know they are visible to the general public as being online. However, the main concern that related to the personal profile setting matter, is that the main page of the forum used to be private... and only logged in members could see those stats, including those members logged in. My post was about the new platform allowing the general public to see the online stats, including names of online members. I hope it's fixed, or will be at some time in the future. In the interim, I suggest a setting change to invisible for any member not wanting the general public to know they are logged in.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator

This will be fixed very soon. I had the same problem with the original vBulletin software 10 years ago. Some things change, others don't :)

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I've no way of linking to the specific post, only to a thread.

See on the right hand side of the post, there is a number e.g #58. This is your post link. Click on one and you'll see what I mean.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well...all I can say is that you people have put a damper on the chilled champagne in OSA's ice box.

I hope you're happy with yourseleves. Especially you, Emma. See what you've done?

How does LRH's quote go?

“Sometimes others seek to crush one down, to make nothing out of one’s hopes and dreams, one’s future and one, himself."

“The real handling of such a situation and such people, the real way to defeat them is, to flourish and prosper.”