What's new

Hi & welcome back

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Now you know how it feels to have something not work on the fooking computer. Lol!
Oh, that happens to me at least ten times every day because I'm always fucking around with my computers, like getting a program to work properly or something.

It's a mystery to me why my post hasn't appeared in the new posts column though, I don't think it's anything I've done wrong.

As far as I can see, your post (the one I'm replying to) hasn't appeared in the 'New Posts' column either.

ETA: Oh, the penny has finally dropped and I see how this works now, only the latest post on a thread appears in the 'New Posts' column. Doh!

Last edited:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I am so lost here. What happened to all the old posts and information? Is it all gone and we are just starting over with a blank slate?

HI Foti, It looks a bit different but essentially it's still the same. I've added a "recent posts" button up the top and that should help with find your way around.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
A short while ago I posted a message on the 'London Scientology Center' thread but nothing appeared in the 'new posts' column. Anyone know why?

Here is the logic....

You posted the post. You typed it and crafted it with love :) Then you posted it and you had a look at it in the thread. You might have even edited it after seeing it live. To xenForo (and it was the same with vBulletin) it's no longer a "new post" - not to you anyway - you've seen it. It's no longer "new". This threw me for a loop too when I first encountered this with vBulletin.

Fortunately the fix is the same as it was in vBulletin - look up on the menu row & you'll see "recent posts" now. Click that and you'll see all the latest posts (I'm not sure how far back it goes). I think that will fix things.

Veda

Sponsor
The lower right half of the screen has a lot of empty space. Is there any way of filling that empty space with "New threads" as a category, to supplement the "New posts" which would be above it?

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
The lower right half of the screen has a lot of empty space. Is there any way of filling that empty space with "New threads" as a category, to supplement the "New posts" which would be above it?

Yeah I'm trying to work out the best way to do that. Stay tuned.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Tip for Firefox . . . and possibly other browsers.

If the onscreen text is too small for ya, hold down Crtl and press + a few times to make the text larger.

Can be used on most any website where you find reading is difficult.

I run Ubuntu 16.04 operating system with Firefox and the text seems pretty tiny without using this trick. YMMV

FoTi

Crusader
HI Foti, It looks a bit different but essentially it's still the same. I've added a "recent posts" button up the top and that should help with find your way around.
Thanks Emma. I've started to figure it out.

FoTi

Crusader
Why would you think that? :confused: I can just click on the link in your sig and go there. Also I checked to see if entries on the big list with a reference to ESMB still worked, and - except for a few problems - they all were fine.
Sorry......just initial confusion with the new site. I'm okay now.

skep

Patron with Honors
What is the difference between "New posts and threads" and "Recent posts and threads"? Sounds redundant and confusing to me.

Me and My Self

Self-born, Autogamous Unicorn
I will fix this just for you Trouble :)
A question about drafts ...

Do they get saved just temporarily and deleted immediately upon posting?
Or are them stored somewhere a little longer (in case we accidentally get out of the thread in the middle - either from power outages or human error, etc.) In this case, how / where can they be retrieved?
Not my actual situation, but just curious.

Thank you very much in advance!
:rose:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
A question about drafts ...

Do they get saved just temporarily and deleted immediately upon posting?
Or are them stored somewhere a little longer (in case we accidentally get out of the thread in the middle - either from power outages or human error, etc.) In this case, how / where can they be retrieved?
Not my actual situation, but just curious.

Thank you very much in advance!
:rose:
I have no idea what happens to them once posted but prior to posting they seem to just sit there automatically, perhaps forever ... You can delete the unposted draft though by hitting the button that appears when you are in the reply box (top row 5th from the left called "restore last draft" ... choose "delete draft" and then " delete confirmed" and the draft post will go away).

:)

Me and My Self

Self-born, Autogamous Unicorn
I have no idea what happens to them once posted but prior to posting they seem to just sit there automatically, perhaps forever ... You can delete the unposted draft though by hitting the button that appears when you are in the reply box (top row 5th from the left called "restore last draft" ... choose "delete draft" and then " delete confirmed" and the draft post will go away).

:)
Thanks so much! I'll do a test then to see if it disappears when closing or else if it can yet be restored :heartflower:

EDITED: Indeed they seem to remain forever on the thread after closing (only one at a time).
Thanks again!

Last edited: