What's new

Hi

wiseman_of_the_watchtower

Patron with Honors
Hello simplyme,

I was in the Sea Org for several years ("Three feet back of society's head")

Then I finally saw through the lies and saw things for what they really were in the Sea Org (I am now "Three feet back of the Sea Org")

Since you never left society, I reckon that puts us about 6 feet apart. Nonetheless, I think we both came to observe the conflicting statements of the church. Just on different ends of it.

By 'watchtower' I simply refer to the ability to see what is really going on. Since you also see what is going on, I welcome you.

Stay wise.

-WMWT

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Thanks for noticing! Glad you're here, and hope you'll keep posting. I was raised Christian/Catholic, but I don't identify with any religion any more. I do remember really liking M. Scott Peck's books, when I was a teen-ager. I don't really agree with his theory that there truely are "evil" people out there, but I would say there is such a thing as a sociopath. Peck was a Christian Psychiatrist, as I recall. "Different Drummer" and "People of the Lie" were both interesting.

simplyme

Patron
Again, thanks everyone for the welcome. I need to figure out how to quote folks when I am in the reply window, but let me just say that what y'all have said has been most helpful.

axiom, most heartening message.

Wish I was as innocent as my name might imply; then again, glad I'm not. Reckon I've been quite a dilletante in my time (49 yrs, but perhaps that isn't much since I thought I was "all that" at 16). Then again, I've decided to shed any vestiges of "jade" at this point. What's so great about that stone, anyway?

I hope I'm more innocent now.

Alanzo, and others...don't let your head get too big b/c after all, it's just...

simplyme.

Last edited:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Hit the 'quote' button, bottom right to reply. Then edit/snip to narrow in on what specifically you want to reply to if it's a long post and only part of it you want to address.

Zinj

Wisened One

Crusader
:blush: Well....goodness, I've never been named in any 'Hero' list before....I'm really honored, simplyme! :redface:

I was also raised Unitarian (my mother) and Methodist (my father). Then I converted to Roman Catholicism at age 19, then became a scn at about age 23 or 24.

I kinda dabbled in some other mainstream-religion churches when I left Staff in 1995, but even if I had wanted to agree with them, I just couldn't (for long). I've always been too much of an independent person, I guess.

But glad you are here and didn't become too involved in scn, yourself! :thumbsup: