Hi,

Lisa_F

Hi Everybody,

after I unexpectedly stumbled into this forum about one week ago where I simply had to comment on the (lack of) authensity of RJ38, I'd better introduce myself.

I was active in one of the orgs in the eighties - active means: I was never a staff member, never even a member at all - but acted intensively as an inofficial helper to one of the Narconon projects and of a Dianetics Center, did a lot of Div 6 courses and even began learning "real" auditing before I quit. I say "real", because I think the Book1 auditing I performed was just as real and I have audited loads of hours and clients with good results. But stat-hungry staff members really left the impression with me that they did not consider this "real" auditing. Step by step I came to realize, that practically none of them had ever audited Book1 and most of them hadn't audited at all.

I was handed loads of "PC" - clients I prefer - directly from the street, who had some acute problem, was sceptical of what this was all about and if it would work at all, so I showed them. Many of them came in with some psychosomatic problem, like a bad cold or other stuff, got rid of it, walked out and talked to my friends out at the registrar's desks.

I felt good about this, because they were good people. Most of my SCN-friends were the sons and daughters of some of the founding members of one of the first sittingroom Dianetics groups in that area. Most of my friends and their parents were declared or left by themselves because things got too weird around that time. I already quit before most of them, and if I hadn't they would probably have tried to "discipline" me because the guys in the "real" org obviously had a problem with people who always try to select what is useful and discard what is of no obvious use - at least at the moment.

Thats what I did in Scn at thats what I kept doing outside of Scn. In this way I learned other methods of "handling my mind" which made it possible to learn and do stuff I had already dreamed of: Like speaking 6 languages fluently, free-diving although I used to get panics even when water ran over my head in the shower, learning graphic arts at a professional level although nobody considered me talented, and a lot more ...

I still consider Book1 auditing useful, but it is very, very difficult to convince other people of it, because the Church of Scientology gave it a bad reputation.

I am based in Hamburg, Germany.

If anyone thinks it would be fun to contact me, feel free to do so.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome Lisa

Yes, playing/working with the mind can be quite the adventure. All kinds of things can happen. Glad you got some positive results.

Welcome, errrr, Wilkommen, Lisa!

I still consider Book1 auditing useful, but it is very, very difficult to convince other people of it, because the Church of Scientology gave it a bad reputation.

Congrats on your past successes with Book I. You are right. It is tremendously undervalued by the Co$ and too many scientologists don't know how to do it. There are still a lot of freezoners who use it extensively. There is one class VI who posts occasionally on the yahoo FreezoneOrg group who uses Book I exclusively. :coolwink:

Mark A. Baker

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
Hi Lisa. I never got anything out of Book 1 auditing. I am surprised you got so much success. I guess the Org wanted you to fail at it so they could get your clients onto Scientology auditing or onto staff.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Welcome aboard Lisa. I've lived in Hamburg :)

anyway, considering your interest in book 1 auditing, you might look into Mike Goldstein's 'Idenics'. He was running successful Book 1 courses before he was elbowed out of the 'Church'. Since then he seems to have found a replacement that he's happy with.

I'm not into that stuff myself, so, I can't recommend from experience.

Zinj

uniquemand

Unbeliever
I had a lot of success with Book One, also. I was always surprised at the way it was considered "just Div6 auditing". Later, I came to realize that it doesn't create the condition LRH called "Clear" with people, and for this reason, is problematic: yes, it produces results, but no, it doesn't do what LRH said, so therefore, it's a problem!

As to the authenticity of RJ38... red herring. The whole SUBJECT is not authentic, so whether or not RJ38 is actually LRH talking is really not that big of a deal.

JBTrendy

Patron with Honors
Hi Lisa

Welcome on Board.

It's good to see someone coming from old Europe around here. I've been to Hamburg on Tour as Sea Org member several times and liked this city.

Book1 is definitely true auditing and it's interesting to see how people here have a very different aproach to it. The reason why it got disregarded is because this approach was validating the bank and needed very skilled auditors to achieve results with it. Took a long time also to get to the basic basic and reach the state of clear.

But it worked for me and lots of other people too. I attested to the state of Clear in 1994 and this had been achieved through Book1 auditing in the old days.

I wish you well around here and would like to know what you're up to these days with all these wonderfull skills you're describing and the independant spirit you're displaying.

All2U :clap::clap::clap:

Veda

Sponsor
I had a lot of success with Book One, also. I was always surprised at the way it was considered "just Div6 auditing". Later, I came to realize that it doesn't create the condition LRH called "Clear" with people, and for this reason, is problematic: yes, it produces results, but no, it doesn't do what LRH said, so therefore, it's a problem!

-snip-

'Book One' doesn't produce "Clear" by the 1960s Scientology definition, but the word "Clear" has so many definitions these days that anyone can decide that he's "Clear" and, presto! be "Clear."

In 1978 Hubbard decided, for the sake of enhancing the reputation of Dianetics, and to get the $$$$ "up lines" and out of Missions, that "keyed out Clear" is not rare but common, and that "Keyed out Clear is Clear."

'Book One' can be interesting for someone curious about the May 1950 version of Dianetics but, if the person looks beyond May 1950, he'll see a successive series of techniques that quickly replaced 'Book One', which is essentially old fashioned abreaction therapy for the layman, with a P.T. Barnum twist.

In 'Book One', an engram is an injury to a cell or cells leaving a trace on a cell, which is the old pre-Dianetics definition of engram, and 'Basic Basic' (unless one is "squirrelling") can never go earlier that this lifetime.

But one can play around with all these things and I have. There's all sorts of neat stuff to explore.

Here's an old process - or collection of processes - from long before Dianetics or Scientology, that's one of my favorites:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=215566&postcount=164

Welcome Lisa. :)

Vinaire

Sponsor
Welcome Lisa.

Some of the key principles that make Book 1 auditing work have been isolated and compiled in KHTK essays (see the links under my signature).

You may try some of these exercises if you wish.

Vinaire

Terril park

Sponsor
Hi Lisa,
If you want to get in touch with scientologists look
up Rons Orgs on the net. Quite a few of them in Germany.
I have some friends who I think live in your town. If interested
in meeting them mail me at [email protected]

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi Lisa F,
Welcome!!

Book 1 auditing costs very little. And it works. Do the math!

I've used Book 1 on people I hardly knew to life changing results.

Since out, I am also getting more and more "unconditioned" as it were and have been keen to observe that people heal in their own ways. In scn. every fart is worthy of an immediate session, intensives or a sec. check. It is the "fix it" cult.

I had a friend once who did something stupid and it resulted in the death of her old and beautiful large parrot. She was distraught at her deed and loss. I offered her a dn. session and she refused. She felt that she should not try to "get rid of" the pain and guilt she felt so soon. For her, enduring this was part of her fully coming to terms with it and processing it. This is human nature. Something scn. is hell-bent on destroying.

All false claims and promises aside, Book 1 can be valuable when someone truly cannot achieve relief on their own. No drugs, mirrors, evaluation, etc. Harmless therapy IMHO.