What's new

Hi

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
How clever that YOU quoted lotus's post including the full name.....
Oops. Good point. I'd forgotten that the post gets quoted also. You must be delighted to have gotten one over on me... though I wasn't trying to be a smart ass.

Not sure I guess how to ask it without sounding kind of rude or obnoxious because I get most ex members probably joined long before one could google things but did you know when you joined that this guy was just a sci-fi author?

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Hi Lotus. Your post is really helpful, BUT I just want to point out that, by including ***'s name in YOUR post, you have immortalised his name, so that even if he deletes it now, it will be visible in your post. He doesn't seem bothered about that, so probably no big deal. But I thought it worth pointing that out for future would-be-anonymous posters and their commenters....
This shows how one (me) can be such an idot in trying to be wise and clever. :p
Thank you, I redacted my goof! :cool:

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Not sure I guess how to ask it without sounding kind of rude or obnoxious because I get most ex members probably joined long before one could google things but did you know when you joined that this guy was just a sci-fi author?
I knew. He has an explanation for that: when he was writing sci-fi, he was basing most of his stories on recalls of his "whole track" memories (past lifetime memories of when he was piloting space ships, etc). People pointed it out to me at the time, but I thought the teachings were interesting, so I continued.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

No, I didn't know but I doubt it would have mattered at the time (back in the 70's).

You are right though ... the internet changed everything, it absolutely turned things on their head. Things were very different back then and I doubt if many people would have been sucked down the rabbit hole if the internet had been around.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
After reading just the BT link that was posted I'm sorry to make fun of what you all obviously once believed in but

* mine snipped*

but how does a sane and smart person not question any of that?
In regards to what we did with calling you the name we wanted you to redact, and keeping quoting it...
you probably got by now, that not all of us are the sharpest tools in the box...

:giggle:

Last edited:
It's ok you're not nearly as silly asthe woman who answered my call yesterday at their headquarters thingy first she told me he wasn't part of their organisation then offered to take my number and pass it on to the person she claimed wasn't part of their organisation >.>

I felt kinda bad for her because she kept putting me on hold and I guess looking for her "how to" manual on pushy people idk

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Yes, she was probably trying to figure out ''how to handle your very disarming spontaneity'' , which is a major issue never occuring in a cult...:D

cakemaker

Patron Meritorious
If you want to continue having your father in your life, never, ever discuss Scientology with him - ever.

You can be sure that the Ethics Officer(s) are interrogating him about you regularly. If they think you are hostile or critical in ANY way, they will tell him to disconnect from you.

In fact, I would recommend writing a card to him that says words to the effect that "Scientology is his business and you respect that. That you do not oppose him and that your love as a child for his parent is the most important thing. You will not question or discuss his involvement". He can then show that to the EO.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't stop reading whatever you want, but, never bring it up with him unless you want to sever the connection.
It may be the elephant in the room but you have to live with it and just feed it peanuts.

He'll wake up someday hopefully.

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors
Please Help....I recommend (and have done this for others in similar situations) that you start reading Steve Hassan's books regarding compassionate methods of breaking a destructive cult's spell over a loved one.

The more you know and understand how cults like Scientology are able to control their victims, the better position you will be in future efforts to open up your father's eyes. Please visit Steve Hassan's website https://freedomofmind.com/ and just watch his videos if you don't want to buy any books. Mr. Hassan was a victim of a destructive cult and devoted his work/career around creating and implementing methods of undoing cult damage with compassion instead of rancor.

I'm a never-in, but I understand destructive and abusive relationships all too well. Educating myself on how the abusers operate and how to get out and heal has mostly been gathered from my study of Scientology and all the victims' stories. I hope you can gather some tools along the way to better help your father wake up.