What's new

Ho.. hum.. trashed by Karin Pouw & OSA again..

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I was contacted for comment today about an article my name is mentioned in.. apparently, I am mentioned in Lawrence Wright's book, but I don't know where.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...sts-claim-errors-in-lawrence-wright-book.html

I responded..

I always get a good laugh when my name comes up in a coagulated spew of Scientology lies & denials, followed by a gullible reporter who accepts something as "apparently true" based on an article, without checking the facts. My role as a covert operative with the Church of Scientology is well-known, a matter of court record (including a federal court case which the cult had sealed from public view by a federal judge because I produced evidence adverse to the cult), and referenced all over the Internet.

As typical as it is when it comes to Scientology, they make no mention of the well-documented actions I performed to benefit their agenda to spy on & decimate the Cult Awareness Network. It should be mentioned that I communicated with Rebecca Moore following her article and we made our peace. She, more than anyone, having lost members of her family in Jonestown, knows the extent people will go to pursue an evil agenda when drunk on the cult kool aid.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was contacted for comment today about an article my name is mentioned in.. apparently, I am mentioned in Lawrence Wright's book, but I don't know where.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...sts-claim-errors-in-lawrence-wright-book.html

I responded..

I always get a good laugh when my name comes up in a coagulated spew of Scientology lies & denials, followed by a gullible reporter who accepts something as "apparently true" based on an article, without checking the facts. My role as a covert operative with the Church of Scientology is well-known, a matter of court record (including a federal court case which the cult had sealed from public view by a federal judge because I produced evidence adverse to the cult), and referenced all over the Internet.

As typical as it is when it comes to Scientology, they make no mention of the well-documented actions I performed to benefit their agenda to spy on & decimate the Cult Awareness Network. It should be mentioned that I communicated with Rebecca Moore following her article and we made our peace. She, more than anyone, having lost members of her family in Jonestown, knows the extent people will go to pursue an evil agenda when drunk on the cult kool aid.

Page 281:
"One Scientologist who was a bank teller says he was told to comply with a robbery in order to pay off his debt to the church; the robbers took four thousand dollars." In the Notes to Pages section in the back, it says "Interview with Garry Scarff".

You're welcome. Care to comment or expound on the story?

When I read that line I thought "WTF"? That was as-off-the wall as David Mayo being "made to run around a pole in the searing desert heat for twelve hours a day, until his teeth fell out."

This was one of my beefs with Wright's book. Although it was excellent, overall, there were some stories that were just crying out for more detail. He would just drop these bombs, then move on.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Page 281:
"One Scientologist who was a bank teller says he was told to comply with a robbery in order to pay off his debt to the church; the robbers took four thousand dollars." In the Notes to Pages section in the back, it says "Interview with Garry Scarff".

Care to comment or expound on the story?

No. As the book says, I was interviewed with my attorney present. There was a reason for that.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Garry, you didn't think anything from your interview would get in the book? Or, anticipate any repercussions from the cult if anything you said made it in there? I'm surprised. You are usually one step ahead of things. Especially on how the media works.

In any event, thanks for filling us in.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
So,...... you were a bank teller?

I wasn't a teller. I was a Personal Banker which marketed & sold services for a bank in Portland. Part of my job was to be a relief teller when someone went to lunch or called in sick.

freethinker

Sponsor
Define personal banker and don't be so insulted.
I wasn't a teller. I was a Personal Banker which marketed & sold services for a bank in Portland. Part of my job was to be a relief teller when someone went to lunch or called in sick.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Define personal banker and don't be so insulted.

At my bank branch, the tellers are at the usual counter spaces.
The personal bankers are in their own cubicles on the opposite side from the tellers.
(However this is not true of another branch that has an office space in a grocery store.)
Sometimes a personal banker will handle my business if they are free and they can see that the tellers are busy (i.e. they call me over to their cubicle when I am in line).

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think I get why you were sensitive about this issue. Your neck was (is?) on the line.