Hobby Lobby and Scientology business health insurance coverage for psychiatric care

cleared cannibal

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: Hobby Lobby and Scientology business health insurance coverage for psychiatric ca

A lot of people are going to learn what kind of insurance I've had for years because of the ACA. Basically if I go to the doctor I pay for it. It seems like no one wants to pay anything no matter how small the charge. If the copay was a little painful there would be less frivolous visits also incentive to stay healthy. I guess it is easy for me to say as I haven't been to a doctor other than a dentist for 25-30 years. I might have a different opinion if I had a lot of health issues.You know I think the auditing did help with my general health as it seems now if I don't want to be sick I'm not.

CC

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Hobby Lobby and Scientology business health insurance coverage for psychiatric ca

About the only effective step for Western nations to do is to ban immigration for anyone coming with a daughter who has had FGM after the date of passage of the law.

Better idea: ban immigration for anyone coming with a daughter who has had FGM. Period. And treat FGM performed AFTER they come in, as serious child abuse, which results in the daughter being put into foster care (with non-Muslim foster parents) and the abusing parents being immediately deported. That would probably reduce FGM significantly.
These two together would basically do it, although in general I tend to not like laws being applied retroactively.

There is now the practice in Western democracies of Female Genital Mutilation Tourism. It is common for members of certain religions and/or cultures to use summer vacation or spring break to take their daughters overseas for the surgery.
I had not considered this -- immigrating, then going back for a "visit" -- to a "doctor". In that case, the existing law should be strictly applied, with punishment for those responsible for bringing her there. Perhaps mandatory "panty checks" for little girls coming back in.

Helena

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron

A lot of people are going to learn what kind of insurance I've had for years because of the ACA. Basically if I go to the doctor I pay for it. It seems like no one wants to pay anything no matter how small the charge. If the copay was a little painful there would be less frivolous visits also incentive to stay healthy. I guess it is easy for me to say as I haven't been to a doctor other than a dentist for 25-30 years. I might have a different opinion if I had a lot of health issues.You know I think the auditing did help with my general health as it seems now if I don't want to be sick I'm not.
I would make an act of insurance punishable by law. I believe everyone should pay for their own, and that the healthy should not subsidize the sick. (Charity hospitals for those who can't pay.)

The worst kind of insurance is that which covers everything except what you need. So you wind up paying every month for insurance you don't use, and out-of-pocket for what you do need. I actually wound up passing out flyers against Clinton Care (years ago) for this very reason.

That's why insurance tends to be stretched to cover just about everything after a while. Those just outside the border of what's covered demand to be included, and it all gets bloated.

And when there's coverage for everything, people run to the doctor for no reason at all. I've got a wart on my toe and I'm wondering whether to try to treat it myself or see the doc.

Helena

cleared cannibal

Silver Meritorious Patron

I would make an act of insurance punishable by law. I believe everyone should pay for their own, and that the healthy should not subsidize the sick. (Charity hospitals for those who can't pay.)

The worst kind of insurance is that which covers everything except what you need. So you wind up paying every month for insurance you don't use, and out-of-pocket for what you do need. I actually wound up passing out flyers against Clinton Care (years ago) for this very reason.

That's why insurance tends to be stretched to cover just about everything after a while. Those just outside the border of what's covered demand to be included, and it all gets bloated.

And when there's coverage for everything, people run to the doctor for no reason at all. I've got a wart on my toe and I'm wondering whether to try to treat it myself or see the doc.

Helena
Heres an idea for you. I recently saw on the local news a woman interviewed that tried to remove a wart from a toe with a 410 shotgun. Did a good job wart toe everything gone.
CC