What's new

Holy Shit! Xenophon calling for a Judicial Inquiry as well as Senate Inquiry into Scn

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/7260280/calls-for-judicial-inquiry-into-scientology/

Independent senator Nick Xenophon has called for a judicial inquiry into the Church of Scientology following further claims of systematic abuse of members.

The daughter of the president of the Church of Scientology in Australia has claimed many children who have grown up in the organisation have been subjected to physical and emotional abuse.

Scarlett Hanna, whose mother Vicki Dunstan is the president of the group in Australia, has alleged children, including herself, were separated from their parents, denied food and healthcare and subjected to psychological abuse.

Ms Hanna, in an interview on ABC Television on Tuesday night, said she was separated from her father for a number of years, after he was sent overseas by the organisation as a form of punishment.

She also said children were forced to live apart from their parents in groups of up to 25, and that children were made to feel like "cattle".

The church, in a statement released today, rejected the claims made by Ms Hanna.

"Her remarks are not in accordance with the experiences of other young people who were in the Cadet Org at the same time," the statement said.

Cadet Org is a unit within the church.

"Parents and children who grew up with Scarlett also reject her comments about their living conditions. They lived in comfortable houses and apartments close to beaches or parks."

Senator Xenophon, who last week secured a Senate inquiry into the tax exempt status of organisations such as the Church of Scientology, said the fresh claims of abuse also warranted a judicial investigation.

"Too many people have come forward with sickening tales of systemic abuse within this organisation," he said.

The allegations made by Ms Hanna were so serious that a judicial inquiry with the powers of a Royal Commission was needed to investigate the activities of the church.

"We have allegations of child abuse, coerced abortions, false imprisonment, bullying and extortion. Surely the victims of Scientology deserve a proper inquiry," he said.

The Church of Scientology said the claims made by Ms Hanna were between her and her family and refused to comment directly on the allegations.

According to El Diablo on WWP...

Unlike a senate inquiry this would be presided over by a judge and have the power to subpoena people. Much stronger.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/318-...n-calling-judicial-inquiry-66773/#post1248381

Cherished????!!! :happydance::confused2::omg::coolwink:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
He might just get the support he needs after the ABC program airs tonight.

Seriously, the shit is about to hit the fan.

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
:clap: :yes: :D

Great job to the Senator X and all the Auzzie's who have taken part
in this! Man---you all are rockin'!!!:thumbsup:

My best,

Tory/Magoo

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
:woohoo:

Can you imagine what would happen if the truth really came out? Not simply that a few isolated instances of abuse occurred over the years, but that wholesale and widespread criminality and abuse has been ongoing in so many areas worldwide for decades, involving literally tens of thousands of people?

Paul

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
:woohoo:

Can you imagine what would happen if the truth really came out? Not simply that a few isolated instances of abuse occurred over the years, but that wholesale and widespread criminality and abuse has been ongoing in so many areas worldwide for decades, involving literally tens of thousands of people?

Paul

"if"?
The snowball is starting to roll.

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Can I just say, fuckin awesome?

Because that is what Xenophon is.

You may! I will join you...

Xenophon is f***ing awesome!

He might just get the support he needs after the ABC program airs tonight.

Seriously, the shit is about to hit the fan.

I can't wait to see what this cult looks like covered from head to toe in its own crap.

If you cause misery it recoils. This cult has ruined too many peoples lives...

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Heh.. Nick Xenophon is using KSW! : 'Hammering wrong technology out of existence!' - And he's using a large hammer to do it 'terminatedly'!

Hot damn! This is great!!!

:happydance:

Kutta

Silver Meritorious Patron
Holy Shit! it seems every time I log on there is more amazing, stupendous news. Let it roll ..... on and on until every dark crevice of scientology is exposed and abuse ceases.

Happy Days

OMG... this is just the direction we want this to go in.. I say bring it on :happydance::happydance:

Let's get justice for individuals who have had their rights violated and their lives destroyed by this fascist organisation ... the elite corp called the SO and the CoS.

It's time .... go Senator Xenophon.... the Truth Will Set Us Free ... and we want FREEDOM :thumbsup:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
After 60 years the tide of Justice has reversed on the oppressive Church of Scientology.

Never has the cult looked so powerless and pathetic thanks to the dedication of the awesome Aussies and Senator X.

I am starting to feel sorry for Scientologists.

Can't someone stop at the scene of this accident and give a mercy assist? Anyone? Anyone??

Oh, wait, here comes somebody.......

HELPFUL R-FACTOR
TO SCIENTOLOGY
JPGGreetingsFromCEXcopy.jpg

What is true for you--
is not true.​

minnie

Patron with Honors
Remind me not to chat on the phone while logging onto esmb, lol - I yelled out "Holy Shit!" at my friend who was mid-sentence, lol.

Best news all year! A very, very good day for all those (self included) who have suffered for far too long! :clap::clap::clap: :happydance:

Human Again

"Parents and children who grew up with Scarlett also reject her comments about their living conditions. They lived in comfortable houses and apartments close to beaches or parks."

Oh, I think we have sufficient personal experience on this board to expose the truth behind that little lie....

Any SO members here got to live in "comfortable houses and apartments"? And if they were near a beach or a park... how many times a year did youget to visit or even see in daylight that park or garden?

I lived in the bondi house and never once set foot on the beach. Never once saw it in daylight as I was in the org or FOLO/CLO for every daylight hour. 11PM was an "early night".

I lived in the apartment in Rose Bay (?) but apart from the awesome view of the water (yes it was awesome) the only thing I recall seeing on my way in or out was Kings Cross. The mini bus would take us home somewhere between 11pm and 4am and Marion Whitta would order the driver to slow down so she could make humiliating commentary of the people who walked the streets of Kings Cross. The contempt was of course echoed by anyone in the bus who needed to be in rapport with her - as DCO ANZO she had the ear of Cheryl Wickens CO ANZO at the time - and if the in-cliques thought you were weren't meeting their values life could get pretty hard. How pious - for the nightly entertainment to be the humiliation and degredation of those whom we professed to be "saving". I still feel the burn of shame that I never spoke up against this smallest of crimes.

Sorry of I have gone off topic, when the memories return they can be very persuasive.