What's new

Holy Shit! Xenophon calling for a Judicial Inquiry as well as Senate Inquiry into Scn

RogerB

Crusader
Thanks, Carmel.

Three more questions:

1. Xenophon is calling for a Judicial Inquiry. What needs to occur in order for this judicial inquiry to be granted? A vote? Or some other process?

2. Do most judicial inquiries get granted?

3. Regarding the Senate Inquiry started by Xenophon that is ongoing currently, it is my understanding that there are a few more votes/steps that must go on before this inquiry leads to a new law. Since that is the case, does it mean the information gathered at the current step of the inquiry cannot be used to damage the CoS until the inquiry leads to a new law, or can the information gathered now be used against the CoS (in legal proceedings) now?

Hope that makes sense, and sorry if this was explained elsewhere. My area of knowledge is in medicine, not law, so this is all a bit confusing to me.

I recommend you Google and Wikipedia it . . . :D It's all there.

That way you'll get the real deal and also spare we hard working storm troopers unnecessary extra work :D

It's also a good exercise in the use of one's brilliance . . . and brilliance is not a thing to be wasted :p

R

ExKane

Patron
I recommend you Google and Wikipedia it . . . :D It's all there.

That way you'll get the real deal and also spare we hard working storm troopers unnecessary extra work :D

It's also a good exercise in the use of one's brilliance . . . and brilliance is not a thing to be wasted :p

R

Tried that and failed utterly. Oh well.

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
hard to adam and eve it - ain't it? That friendly little cult with the robes and shaved heads...

A couple of years after I got out I was working as a security guard and someone lent me the book "Monkey on a stick" which is a little 'sensationalistic" but what amazed me, on reading it, was the parallels to our very own cult. The concept of sending peopel to different "temples" to keep them isolated and to prevent them being contacted by the authorities, the moral corrpution of those at the top who took over from the founder and then the child abuse. Anyway from that I started to realize that cults provide a safe and secret haven for abuse to blossom. And ALL cults do this.

Once vulnerable people are kept sequestered away from society, once "protecting the cult" becomse more important than protecting the people in it, then it goes downhill.

Sorry to waffle - it was a horrific realization for me.

If you have any group of people that regard their belief system as being above the law and their higher church officials as being beyond the law then you will get abuse of this sort. It doesn't matter about the size of the organisation and whether it has the label "cult" or "religion".

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
And soon, around the world :woohoo:

I like the judicial inquiry idea because if it comes up with the right conclusion then the Church of Scientology will get banned from Australia. As for the rest of the world, then that is an entirely different matter. You have got to recognise that the cult flourishes in the US and does all its worse abuses there and yet that great nation who sends its young men abroad to die in the name of Liberty is unable to contain or curtail this cult. I hope they get banned in Australia but I don't expect it to have a snowball effect on anywhere else given the dominance of the US and the support it gets there.