What's new

Holy Shit! Xenophon calling for a Judicial Inquiry as well as Senate Inquiry into Scn

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
:woohoo:

Can you imagine what would happen if the truth really came out? Not simply that a few isolated instances of abuse occurred over the years, but that wholesale and widespread criminality and abuse has been ongoing in so many areas worldwide for decades, involving literally tens of thousands of people?

Paul

This would be magnificent. The Krishnas were finally brought to book for the widespread and horrific abuse that they indulged in - it is time for this cult to pay the price too.

the-ghostwhowalks

Patron with Honors
A judicial enquiry ! - this is the ticket....

Ok - I wonder what the legal moves are after that ? - With the evidence the judge discovers , could this lead to DM getting locked up ?

:begging:

Smilla

Ordinary Human
:woohoo:

Can you imagine what would happen if the truth really came out? Not simply that a few isolated instances of abuse occurred over the years, but that wholesale and widespread criminality and abuse has been ongoing in so many areas worldwide for decades, involving literally tens of thousands of people?

Paul
That's what I'm hoping for.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
WHAT? Bad Hare Krishnas???

hard to adam and eve it - ain't it? That friendly little cult with the robes and shaved heads...

A couple of years after I got out I was working as a security guard and someone lent me the book "Monkey on a stick" which is a little 'sensationalistic" but what amazed me, on reading it, was the parallels to our very own cult. The concept of sending peopel to different "temples" to keep them isolated and to prevent them being contacted by the authorities, the moral corrpution of those at the top who took over from the founder and then the child abuse. Anyway from that I started to realize that cults provide a safe and secret haven for abuse to blossom. And ALL cults do this.

Once vulnerable people are kept sequestered away from society, once "protecting the cult" becomse more important than protecting the people in it, then it goes downhill.

Sorry to waffle - it was a horrific realization for me.

Last edited:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
"Unlike a senate inquiry this would be presided over by a judge and have the power to subpoena people. Much stronger."

"Subpoena people"?

Did someone say "subpoena people"????

Chess

Patron with Honors
Wow oh wow! Nicks the man.
It feels like relief of a far greater magnitude than I ever thought posible is just around the corner. It's about bloody time someone gave the Cof$ bullies a dose of the feeling they so readily gave us.
Pay back is a bitch but ever so sweet.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
"Parents and children who grew up with Scarlett also reject her comments about their living conditions. They lived in comfortable houses and apartments close to beaches or parks."

Oh, I think we have sufficient personal experience on this board to expose the truth behind that little lie....

Any SO members here got to live in "comfortable houses and apartments"? And if they were near a beach or a park... how many times a year did youget to visit or even see in daylight that park or garden?

I lived in the bondi house and never once set foot on the beach. Never once saw it in daylight as I was in the org or FOLO/CLO for every daylight hour. 11PM was an "early night".

I lived in the apartment in Rose Bay (?) but apart from the awesome view of the water (yes it was awesome) the only thing I recall seeing on my way in or out was Kings Cross. The mini bus would take us home somewhere between 11pm and 4am and Marion Whitta would order the driver to slow down so she could make humiliating commentary of the people who walked the streets of Kings Cross. The contempt was of course echoed by anyone in the bus who needed to be in rapport with her - as DCO ANZO she had the ear of Cheryl Wickens CO ANZO at the time - and if the in-cliques thought you were weren't meeting their values life could get pretty hard. How pious - for the nightly entertainment to be the humiliation and degredation of those whom we professed to be "saving". I still feel the burn of shame that I never spoke up against this smallest of crimes.

Sorry of I have gone off topic, when the memories return they can be very persuasive.

Not off topic at all. Matter of fact, this little titbit needs to go to the enquiry on tax exemption. It shows clearly the true benevolence of the CoS.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
hard to adam and eve it - ain't it/ That friendly little cult with the robes and shaved heads...

A couple of years after I got out I was working as a security guard and someone lent me the book "Monkey on a stick" which is a little 'senasationalistic" but what amazed me, on reading it, was the parallels to our very own cult. The concept of sending peopel to different "temples" to keep them isolated and to prevent them being contacted by the authorities, the moral corrpution of those at the top who took over from the founder and then the child abuse. Anyway from that I started to realize that cults provide a safe and secret haven for abuse to blossom. And ALL cults do this.

Once vulnerable people are kept sequestered away from society, once "protecting the cult" becomse more important than protecting the people in it, then it goes downhill.

Sorry to waffle - it was a horrific realization for me.

You are right, Mick. I think we need to figure out exactly what outcome we want here, and I think it is some sort of legislation or regulation that will catch a cult in it's early stages and ensure some transparency, and regular welfare checks AWAY from other cult members and so on. Cults are a problem everywhere and so far no government has even come close to getting a handle on it. It's time they did, and it might as well start with Australia.

Div6

Crusader
THIS.........IS....................AWESOME!

With a Capitol A, like is Aussie!

I for one would contribute $ for Airfare for Sharone to testify about her experience aboard the Flagship Apollo, working directly with the Commodore.
It is my belief that it would bring some healing opportunities to all concerned.

If she was up for it, that is.....

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=334625&postcount=10

and if you don't want to go there from here... :D

Tis true, it's hard to generate traction with the people that count, when you've had no personal involvement yourself.

If 2008 was the "year of Anon", 2009 has definitely been the "year of the exes," and by the looks of things, thanks to some stand up individuals, that looks set to continue. :happydance:

Hopefully 2010 will be the year for the authorities - to finally expose the COS for what it really is. :D

Last edited:

A-non-non-anon

Patron with Honors
Y SO CONCEALING, Scientology?

Surely, you've got nothing to hide... I mean, if none of these abuses are true, you're safe...

Could a judicial inquiry call testimony from people abroad? Because there's a midget in California who'd make a *fascinating* witness...

Unlike a senate inquiry this would be presided over by a judge and have the power to subpoena people. Much stronger.

Well this is excellent news, but I'm very surprised to hear that the senate committee doesn't have subpoena power. It's the sort of power assembly bodies reserve to themselves in case of need. :omg:

Mark A. Baker

Because there's a midget in California who'd make a *fascinating* witness...

Almost certainly not. He's certain to be boring as the congressional record. In all likelihood he'd simply "stonewall" and do whatever local counsel advises as the nearest equivalent to "taking the 5th".

On the other hand, there are several high execs, both current & former, who could "shop" DM if put in a position where they had little alternative but to do so. If given "immunity from their crimes" in Australia they would be placed in a difficult position legally with regard to refusing to testify. Such individuals could shed considerable light upon events in the Co$ which, for unstated reasons of their own, they have to date failed to provide. Once on the record in Australia that public testimony could be of use for expediting criminal investigations in other countries where immunity need not apply. :whistling:

Mark A. Baker

FoTi

Crusader
God Bless Senator Xenophon. What a wonderful man!

And as far as the midget being a witness?....nah...he'd just lie and evade the issue and twist the truth around to whatever is "the greatest good" for the Co$. Remember LRH said, "SP's can be lied to.....etc. etc." and the midget will use this to his full advantage to protect his fortune....er, I mean, flock.

Ned Kelly

Patron
"Unlike a senate inquiry this would be presided over by a judge and have the power to subpoena people. Much stronger."

"Subpoena people"?

Did someone say "subpoena people"????

Hey Alonzo. A Senate Enquiry can request or demand attendance. Historically they usually request it and if you don't show no big deal. But then they can demand it (don't know the legal term for this) and you have to show. If you do not then they can take punitive actions including sending you to the lock up. The Senate has virtually unlimited powers to investigate and all citizens and probably residents must comply. Not sure about foreign nationals living overseas - probably a matter of whatever treaties exist between the countries and whether or not a foreign country would be willing to ship a national here to front the senate.

RogerB

Crusader
Well this is excellent news, but I'm very surprised to hear that the senate committee doesn't have subpoena power. It's the sort of power assembly bodies reserve to themselves in case of need. :omg:

Mark A. Baker

The Senate and Parliament both have such powers . . . the issue here is the specific that its act is declared to do.

As an example, the Senate could move to itself conduct an inquiry for the purpose of gathering the facts needed to propose and pass new legislation.

On the other hand, it can move to call for a Royal Commission (and that is then answered by a Writ from the Governor General as Representative of the Queen as Head of State) with extraordinary powers (as defined by the Writ) which can include powers to conduct a criminal investigation and recommend or even prosecute charges . . . and this little baby is conducted in just the same manner as a court hearing.

A seasoned Law Court Judge presides, and is assisted by Barristers and law clerks etc., and witnesses are allowed Barristers (attorneys) to represent and advise them . . . but examination during the commission is conducted under Rules of Evidence cross examination . . . just like in any criminal case.

The Melbourne Inquiry of '64-'65 ostensibly was this . . . though a smaller State Parliament affair (limited in scope and power to the State of Victoria).

I was subpoenaed to appear in that little side-show . . . which, by the way was a true sham and perversion of due process and justice.

But times are different. So are the issues, the crimes and and the people involved.

This affair will be the Event of the Ages!

This is National, not a rinky-dink state side show. This one is based on real need following exposure of a consistent pattern of crimes and perversion of justice. The 1964-5 Victorian State side show was the result of political expediency following pushes by vested interests.

This one has the public interest and a demand for something to be done!

BIG difference. In 1964 it was a case of: who the F*** are these Scientologists, and who cares? Now it is a case of : Oh, Shit! This shit has to be stopped; these bastards are warped, evil, and way bent out of shape!

This time, I see justice actually being done:yes:

RogerB

The Senate and Parliament both have such powers . . . the issue here is the specific that its act is declared to do.

As an example, the Senate could move to itself conduct an inquiry for the purpose of gathering the facts needed to propose and pass new legislation.

On the other hand, it can move to call for a Royal Commission (and that is then answered by a Writ from the Governor General as Representative of the Queen as Head of State) with extraordinary powers (as defined by the Writ) which can include powers to conduct a criminal investigation and recommend or even prosecute charges . . . and this little baby is conducted in just the same manner as a court hearing.

A seasoned Law Court Judge presides, and is assisted by Barristers and law clerks etc., and witnesses are allowed Barristers (attorneys) to represent and advise them . . . but examination during the commission is conducted under Rules of Evidence cross examination . . . just like in any criminal case.

The Melbourne Inquiry of '64-'65 ostensibly was this . . . though a smaller State Parliament affair (limited in scope and power to the State of Victoria).

I was subpoenaed to appear in that little side-show . . . which, by the way was a true sham and perversion of due process and justice.

But times are different. So are the issues, the crimes and and the people involved.

This affair will be the Event of the Ages!

This is National, not a rinky-dink state side show. This one is based on real need following exposure of a consistent pattern of crimes and perversion of justice. The 1964-5 Victorian State side show was the result of political expediency following pushes by vested interests.

This one has the public interest and a demand for something to be done!

BIG difference. In 1964 it was a case of: who the F*** are these Scientologists, and who cares? Now it is a case of : Oh, Shit! This shit has to be stopped; these bastards are warped, evil, and way bent out of shape!

This time, I see justice actually being done:yes:

RogerB

Good. Thanks for the details.

So the way I interpret this: the Senate Standing Committee on Economics does have sub poena power available to it should it choose to exercise it. The Royal Inquiry steps up the intensity of investigation and specifically broadens consideration and focus on potentially criminal issues. It also creates another forum in which matters can go forward.

If so, this is more to the good. :)

Mark A. Baker