What's new

Holy Shit! Xenophon calling for a Judicial Inquiry as well as Senate Inquiry into Scn

fnx3

Patron with Honors
WHAT? Bad Hare Krishnas???

For sure - mostly child abuse in situations very similar to that of CofS - parents off campaigning on the streets & airports while the children were all dumped together & minded by resentful/unskilled people.

But there were also a few murders dragged out of the cupboards too ... mmm, sounds more & more similar ... the script really doesn't change much does it, when it comes to cults :no:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
The raids that led to the break-up of the Krishnas in the early '80s were about Child Abduction and weapons hoarding at the International HQ in Germany.

Certainly something Scientology should worry about. And more.

Zinj

AlphOhm

Traveler of time/space
nickrocks.jpg

Anonycat

Crusader
What's the difference between working toward & achieving the inquiry ... and having a baby?

Having a baby often starts with a lot of beer, and the news of the inquiry has the beer at the end.

Cheers to the Aussies and Senator Xenophon!

:cheers:

:dance2: :cheers2:

:drama:

tiptoethrutheminefield

Patron with Honors
BIG difference. In 1964 it was a case of: who the F*** are these Scientologists, and who cares? Now it is a case of : Oh, Shit! This shit has to be stopped; these bastards are warped, evil, and way bent out of shape!

This time, I see justice actually being done:yes:

RogerB

So true! I remember the hopelessness of those trying to expose CoS in the '60s. It is a different world now, albeit a world where many more have suffered CoS abuse.

I'm happy. Now, where is the U.S. Senator with the big ones to do something here? (too busy kissing up to celebrities, probably?)

freethinker

Sponsor
Ordinarily, I have mainly disdain for politicians.

But this guy is exceedingly impressive, no nonsense, right in your face, get to the bottom and finish this off kind of politician.

I never knew this kind existed and yet here he is in the flesh.

He's taking on a god like status with me.

You Aussies are sooooo lucky!

SaguaroRose

Patron with Honors
WHOOOOOEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheerleader: :happydance: :buzzin: :hifive:

This is MOST awesome news!!! People of OZ, any chance we Yanks could borrow your Nick X. for a little while? :D:D:D:begging::prettyplease:

Ordinarily, I have mainly disdain for politicians.

But this guy is exceedingly impressive, no nonsense, right in your face, get to the bottom and finish this off kind of politician.

I never knew this kind existed and yet here he is in the flesh.

He's taking on a god like status with me.

You Aussies are sooooo lucky!

For those who wish to know a little more about Nick Xenophon the man, here is a very insightful interview from March 2009. No SCN refereces however.

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2009/03/04/2507182.htm?site=brisbane

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
For those who wish to know a little more about Nick Xenophon the man, here is a very insightful interview from March 2009. No SCN refereces however.

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2009/03/04/2507182.htm?site=brisbane

Well that was totally worth listening to. Senator Xenophon is a very funny guy. I cracked up over the bit about dressing up the beagle that was trained to roll over on command in a dunce cap and mask of the SA premier when the premier had backflipped on a piece of legislation. :lol: There's all sorts of ways to make a point. Thanks for the link.

ExKane

Patron
Can someone explain to me if the Judicial Inquiry is a definite thing, or is there some process or vote that needs to take place in order for it to be guaranteed?

Also, am I the only one hoping that Miscavige really, really gets it this time? :angry:

I didn't think so.

Carmel

Crusader
Can someone explain to me if the Judicial Inquiry is a definite thing, or is there some process or vote that needs to take place in order for it to be guaranteed?
<snip>
No, not definite.

There is already an inquiry, and submissions on the CofS/Scientology are now being sought. In addition to this, Xen is *calling* for a "judicial inquiry" specifically on Scientology.

ExKane

Patron
No, not definite.

There is already an inquiry, and submissions on the CofS/Scientology are now being sought. In addition to this, Xen is *calling* for a "judicial inquiry" specifically on Scientology.

Thanks, Carmel.

Three more questions:

1. Xenophon is calling for a Judicial Inquiry. What needs to occur in order for this judicial inquiry to be granted? A vote? Or some other process?

2. Do most judicial inquiries get granted?

3. Regarding the Senate Inquiry started by Xenophon that is ongoing currently, it is my understanding that there are a few more votes/steps that must go on before this inquiry leads to a new law. Since that is the case, does it mean the information gathered at the current step of the inquiry cannot be used to damage the CoS until the inquiry leads to a new law, or can the information gathered now be used against the CoS (in legal proceedings) now?

Hope that makes sense, and sorry if this was explained elsewhere. My area of knowledge is in medicine, not law, so this is all a bit confusing to me.