What's new

Homosexuality

Pixie

Crusader
Snip snip...
This is where I take my bow and say that I am what I am and I dont give a flying f**uck what anyone thinks, its my willy and I'll put it where I want!

Well said and so you should! It's your life after all and anyone who sits in judgement of that has a problem for sure! :thumbsup:

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Well perhaps Im not the only gay in the village (sorry Brittish joke).
And my name's not Tom Baker.

I've had this discussion elsewhere. If a public loo is the only place people can meet, I'm fine with that--but at least the pair of you could find somewhere a little less tacky to do the deed?

Although, that would be an interesting sight: A glory hole in an Scn toilet block!

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
I wonder if that's ever happend?

Meet you in the cottage by the External Comm office at ten thirty! (LOL)

Fairy Queen La La herself

Dyaisura

Patron
I like boys. I like girls. There is no name for me. My name is Morrison. That is my name.

Scientology is not named Morrison. It is named Scientology. There is nothing in the name Scientology that suggests they hate gays. Therefore they do not. However, homosexual people are more fun, because they arent caught up in the rigorousness of trying to mate. I think Hubbard just didnt want some dudes stealing his sunshine (or chicks).

I dont think that it ruins the "second dynamic" whatever the fuck that is supposed to be. I think that it just is something that would make it so that Scientology couldnt really make money. Because gay people would show that you dont really have all the responsibility that some masterful motherfuckers want you to think we all do. Hubbard wanted people to think that they had to "be really really good at society so they could save it."

Gays are not slaves, Scientologists are. That's what everyone hates about gays: they are free, and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

I however like women, and am not free.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Contrary to popular opinion, Ron didn't hate gays. He was at least polymorphous perverse in His own right, but, he did say a lot of nasty things about poofs because he was opportunistic scum and thought it would make him sound more like a 'real man'.

Zinj

Out4Good

Btw, are there any other gay people people on this forum??

Yep. Me.

Being gay was quite an issue for me when I got into scn. I was torn between my own homosexual feelings and my desire to simply "fit in" and be like "normal" people.

The first 5 years of my 10 year stint on scn staff I bought the line "Homosexuality is an aberration which can be handled through auditing" so I abstained and even had a girlfriend. Gradually though, the urges would be too much to ignore and I ended up being dumped, kicked off my post and eventually offloaded.

I was later begged to rejoin staff. Being a masochist I agreed but this was conditional on getting (and paying for) some auditing which was a tailor-made program designed to help me handle the gay issue. Somewhat ironically and hilariously, the result of this auditing action was that I became utterly certain that i was gay; it really helped me come to terms with it in my own mind and stop fighting it. My auditor and I were delighted but others were less so. Nevertheless I was accepted back on staff provided i promised to behave myself. It wasn't long before I thought "fuck it I'm upstat, I'll do whatever I please on my own time and quote the 2d rules and policies on upstats in my defence". So I started visiting gay bars and generally having a good time exploring my new found freedom of expression.

I realized that once I stopped making it an issue, anyone else making an issue about it was THEIR PROBLEM. I even remember a sea org missionaire asking me that question in a metered interview about being a "practising homosexual" and replying "I'm not practising any more, I'm getting quite good at it!"

Anyway to cut a long story short: I'm now out of scn and out of the closet and I'm happy about both

Pixie

Crusader
Yep. Me.

Being gay was quite an issue for me when I got into scn. I was torn between my own homosexual feelings and my desire to simply "fit in" and be like "normal" people.

The first 5 years of my 10 year stint on scn staff I bought the line "Homosexuality is an aberration which can be handled through auditing" so I abstained and even had a girlfriend. Gradually though, the urges would be too much to ignore and I ended up being dumped, kicked off my post and eventually offloaded.

I was later begged to rejoin staff. Being a masochist I agreed but this was conditional on getting (and paying for) some auditing which was a tailor-made program designed to help me handle the gay issue. Somewhat ironically and hilariously, the result of this auditing action was that I became utterly certain that i was gay; it really helped me come to terms with it in my own mind and stop fighting it. My auditor and I were delighted but others were less so. Nevertheless I was accepted back on staff provided i promised to behave myself. It wasn't long before I thought "fuck it I'm upstat, I'll do whatever I please on my own time and quote the 2d rules and policies on upstats in my defence". So I started visiting gay bars and generally having a good time exploring my new found freedom of expression.

I realized that once I stopped making it an issue, anyone else making an issue about it was THEIR PROBLEM. I even remember a sea org missionaire asking me that question in a metered interview about being a "practising homosexual" and replying "I'm not practising any more, I'm getting quite good at it!"

Anyway to cut a long story short: I'm now out of scn and out of the closet and I'm happy about both

Welcome Out4Good!! Good for you for getting through all that and remaining true to your own heart and your own life. I don't like labels myself really however in my own view, love is love not matter what sex one falls for. But for sure, if you know in your heart who you are, what you want and are secure in that, who gives a dam what anyone else thinks! Anyway, in my experience, falling for anyone, same sex or not was always a big problem in the cult so you couldn't win anyway. In the end you just have to live your own life as you see fit which is what you are doing now. :yes:

Looking forward to reading more of your posts. :thumbsup:

Carmel

Crusader
Yep. Me.

I'm glad for you on both counts. :)

Welcome to ESMB Out4good! :thumbsup:

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.

Excellent line! I've thrown similar at several "doctors", "that's why you call it a medical PRACTICE, because you obviously need plenty of it!"

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout

Somewhat ironically and hilariously, the result of this auditing action was that I became utterly certain that i was gay; it really helped me come to terms with it in my own mind and stop fighting it. My auditor and I were delighted but others were less so.

I realized that once I stopped making it an issue, anyone else making an issue about it was THEIR PROBLEM."

YAY! I'm glad for you! I had some of the same experiences and feelings you had. I got into Scn to handle my huge ruin of being gay. Ironically any auditing that addressed the topic only made me feeling better about it. Getting Power Processing in the Independent field I had a similar cog that you did about it not being so much my problem as it was societies problem. I internalized all of societies homophobia and made it my own. That cog just blew all the charge off of it and I am who I am. I wonder if there are other homos in the cult who had the same experiences we did? Now all I need is a husband!

I have an openly gay friend who while in the midst of a Sec Check gave a similar response and cracked up the sec checker. He left the church around the same time I did, but not over issues from being gay.

Mark A. Baker

T

TheSneakster

*My* impression is that 'Out 2D' would be one of the largest single categories of KR and CommEv particulars. But, that's Scientology for you; straddle the fence so you can come down on any side you want, anytime you want.

For Sea Org members and Org Executives, sure -- but the "2D Rules" policy cited was fairly specific about public students and PC's being left alone by the MAA on this subject.

One of my close friends back in 1997 was an OT III completion who was most of the way through the St. Hill Special Briefing Course at ASHO Day when he was unjustly suspended from course for hooking up with a very nice French lady Scientologist based on KR's -- from his long term separated wife who consistently refused to sign divorce papers and wasn't even on any org's service lines. It took nearly a year and a half to get him back on the SHSBC and that required direct intervention from the LRH Host (at the time, it was a newly created post in the service orgs) to get the MAA's involved in this injustice word-cleared and false data stripped on that "2D Rules" policy letter.

Michael "The Sneakster" Hobson
I am *not* Anonymous

Last edited by a moderator:

Terl

Patron with Honors
I am gay and never really had a huge problem with it as far as Scientology went because I just didn't tell anyone. I just waited and hoped that it would be cleared in session. The worst though was hearing comments made by my Scn aunt and uncle who I really respect, saying things like, "He's a nice guy, but he's gay," (not about me, about someone else) or saying how the rainbow flag is stupid because it's promoting an aberated lifestyle. We still have a good relationship because since I came out I made them (I think) look at homosexuality in a new light and realise that we're not all 1.1 monsters. ;)

Pixie

Crusader
I am gay and never really had a huge problem with it as far as Scientology went because I just didn't tell anyone. I just waited and hoped that it would be cleared in session. The worst though was hearing comments made by my Scn aunt and uncle who I really respect, saying things like, "He's a nice guy, but he's gay," (not about me, about someone else) or saying how the rainbow flag is stupid because it's promoting an aberated lifestyle. We still have a good relationship because since I came out I made them (I think) look at homosexuality in a new light and realise that we're not all 1.1 monsters. ;)

Good for you! It never ceases to amaze me how ignorant, small minded and utterly stupid some people can be. It's like well ok I'll like you on the condition that your not gay... straight... black.. blue... pink... my god! How false is that? Thing is though, when you realize the issue is with some others and you accept that and allow them to think what they want then in the end you just can't be bothered giving a dam what anyone thinks which in my view is the only way to go in this life. Anyway, well done on educating your aunt and uncle. Thank god times are changing.... :eyeroll: