What's new

Homosexuality

dr3k

Patron with Honors
When on staff I recall a staff member getting booted for being gay. He was the DED's brother at Mtl org. 13 years ago.

I also recall Travolta in an interview saying that he had many gay friends and that homosexuality was something peculiar to this planet which goes with the dumpster of dumpster theory.

What other worlds do you have evidence of? Can you tell me where they are located, what their language/culture are and what their civilizations look like?

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
The thing I find is that despite Chronic Fatigue Syndrome I still find the energy to rattle one off.

Thanks for the W word. One of my favorites!

Tosser La La:dieslaughing:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
The thing I find is that despite Chronic Fatigue Syndrome I still find the energy to rattle one off.

ha ha ha!!! I presume that was aimed at me (the T word that is ... just the T word) ... carry on rattling La La Lou Lou ... but do drop in and say hello when you are having a little break ... (wash your hands first ... obviously).

Plonker.:buzzin:

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.

You have CFS too? Where do you get the energy???

My thingy has only one purpose: to connect my bladder to the outside world.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
You have CFS too? Where do you get the energy???

QUOTE]

A good therapy is Bowen Technique, I'm sure it can help with CFS. Also a gentle Tai Chi is beneficial.
I use these two for rhemattoid arthritis and its really helped. I'd say a 90% improvement.

I have used Yoga, and find that I still have flexibility in areas I thought lost, but can you give me a link on Bowen so I don't go running down the wrong garden path?

Whether I actually want to or not, the energy to pull my one "plonka" would be most welcome.

michaelangelo

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have used Yoga, and find that I still have flexibility in areas I thought lost, but can you give me a link on Bowen so I don't go running down the wrong garden path?

Whether I actually want to or not, the energy to pull my one "plonka" would be most welcome.

Depends what country you are in. Here are some links. Bowen is world wide and there are loads of links. But be careful to get the original Bowen where the practioner takes shorts breaks when they give a treatment.

www.bowen-technique.co.uk

www.thebowentechnique.com

Also tai chi chi gong is useful

www.taichi-finder.de

www.taichifinder.co.uk

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
I'll look into Bowden, but find the Nice guidelines rest and pacing works OKish.
Avoid too much of anything thats drains energy and youll have some spare to enjoy yourself. Or, yes, better still someone else.:yes:

Francois Tremblay

Patron with Honors
This is not specifically relevant to this thread only, but I do wanna say that you guys seem to be living proof that there is one good thing about Scientology.

Ex-Scientologists are some of the most compassionate people around.

Maybe we do need Scientology after all... :D

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
This is not specifically relevant to this thread only, but I do wanna say that you guys seem to be living proof that there is one good thing about Scientology.

Ex-Scientologists are some of the most compassionate people around.

Maybe we do need Scientology after all... :D

Compassion? I'm doing my best to be a ruthless brute!

Seriously, I think you'll find that many of the compassionate exes were first sucked into $cn purely because they were compassionate in the first place--here was something that could help us AND OTHERS.

Francois Tremblay

Patron with Honors
It does seem that the cults that recruit on the basis of "helping others" and "saving the planet" get a lot of fundamentally good and compassionate people. Too bad all their energies are harnessed for the exact opposite end.

Francois Tremblay

Patron with Honors
Thanks, but you don't have to welcome me. I've been lurking here for a long time, and I am not an ex-scientologist or a scientologist and as such really have nothing to add to any thread. I just thought I'd pipe up on this particular subject.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Thanks, but you don't have to welcome me. I've been lurking here for a long time, and I am not an ex-scientologist or a scientologist and as such really have nothing to add to any thread. I just thought I'd pipe up on this particular subject.

Glad you did (pipe up) and you really are most welcome ... there truly are some of the most wonderful people that walk the earth here ... and having been through some mutual horrors we seem to be a funny and sometimes odd group that truly enjoy each others company.

We seem to laugh more than we cry anyway!

:happydance:

owl

Patron with Honors
This has come up before on other threads but I thought it a good idea to start one of its own.

I've seen such diverse views on this topic within CoS. I know of at least one person who went to a mission, openly gay, and was welcome.

I asked an E/O about this once and I was told any gay within Scn would "have to knock it off". When I asked why, I was told that "the second dynamic would crash if we were all like that." I asked if hetero couples in Scn were hauled into Ethics if they didn't plan to have kids. I was told no. When I asked why not, I got a shrug. (I'm used to those when I ask questions in COS:eyeroll: )

I was talking to an OT5 recently who made a remark about "goddamn fags", which surprised me a little.

Anyway, I'd like to know if anyone here (apart from PMD) has an issue with gays/lesbians and if so, why.

Also, I'd like to know if anyone thinks being gay is a barrier to case gain (unless, like Mick, you don't think there is any such thing :) ).

I can understand it being a big missed withhold in the 50s, but that hardly applies now.

Cheers

tanstaafl

that's a good point, about couples choosing not to have kids

i dont think its a barrirer to case gain but i think it CAN be, if it's the kind of homosexual guy who is going to gay clubs every weekend and having random promiscuous sex, but that wouldnt be an issue with being gay so much as being an issue with being promiscuous. i wouldnt see how a guy in a loving commited relationship with another guy could be a barrier to case gain.

i remember once someone was giving me a little survey about joining the sea org and they asked me if i was homosexual and i said no but i asked why that was one of the questions and the reply was "because we only want the best" or something like that, i can't remember the exact wording. i thought it was a bit odd. and i know it's one of the questions they do before you take auditing or join staff.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
I posted a small story on another thread but I'm an SCN kid and ex SO avtually GAY male. My family that is in SCN, my dad, twin brother, sisters, unlce, aunt all disconnected from me, they won't talk at all or act in a very antagonistic way like I was some sort of monster, I'm not even a flammin gay nobody believes I am when I tell them, it's been about 2 years and no comm that was when they found out and 4 years out of the SO. The only exception is my mom that is divorced from my dad and suprisingly still on courses at AOLA, she doesn't mind that too much and still talk to me, I go to visit her often.

It's not an ideal solution, but some family relationships can be imitated in other ways. I had a substitute brother for about four years (I don't have a biological brother.). Many people thought we were getting it on, but it really was like two brothers. I've also had defacto/surrogate Mums.

Think about the good times with your family and share those with your friends, and just keep aiming positive thoughts at the rest of your family--in the hope that they will wake up. Start writing letters, "good roads, good weather," and turn the disconnection policy into a reconnection action.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Outineveryway, gosh that's horrid, really nasty to be ignored by your family because you left, and to be ignored also because of sexual orientation is tough.

I should know.

You can't help being who you are, someone able to see through the lies, and someone with the integrity to accept yourself as you are! If you want an L Wrong Cupboard quote, there's probably something in the code of Honour that says, 'go for it, girl friend', or 'I am what I am'.

Just remember that most people leave at some point, and when they start reading and watching TV again, they'll change their implanted thinking and accept you as the wonderful human being I am sure you are.

You can only be yourself, so enjoy being you!

La La