What's new

How did ESMB help you?

Free Being Me

Crusader
I found ESMB and I must say, what an incredible eye opener it was. Even after being declared I still believed most of the garbage Hublard had spewed (talk about a mind fuck). With Ex's here posting the plethora of threads and info to be read I dove in and came out realizing I could let all of the Hublard B.S. fall away, deciding for myself what I choose to believe in. I admit I was a chagrined but certainly wiser to find out $ci is a lie and Hublard is scum. If it wasn't for Emma starting ESMB as a meeting place for Ex's I would probably still be believing $ci had some value (which it certainly does not). I'm a big believer in that ESMB is a vital source of information regarding the true nature of Hublard, $ci and peeling away the onion to discover how subtlety and insidiously a person can be twisted into a mindless robotic follower. Thank you Emma and Ex's!

apple

Patron Meritorious
It made me look to where I was afraid to look and because of that, I have been released. It made me see that Scientology is much of a hypnosis game and that I can be hypnotized. After that realization I feel nothing for anything to do with Scientology. I am no long drawn to it.

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
These posts are sounding like Success Stories. But not like those we had to write in the cult. These success stories are real and not coerced. And best of all there is no registrar to see afterwards!

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron
These posts are sounding like Success Stories. But not like those we had to write in the cult. These success stories are real and not coerced. And best of all there is no registrar to see afterwards!

That's right -- the genuine relief is absolutely there for all to see. And I guess these are "success stories" in the sense that Emma created this Forum for all of us to decompress and ventilate, and it has done its job.

A couple of you have mentioned making friends through ESMB. I moved to the city I now live in about seven years ago and had a hard time making new friends. However, I've made a bunch of friends through ESMB and I feel less isolated now, more connected, and more in tune generally.

A big thank you to Emma and all the posters here. :thumbsup:

That's right -- the genuine relief is absolutely there for all to see. And I guess these are "success stories" in the sense that Emma created this Forum for all of us to decompress and ventilate, and it has done its job.

A couple of you have mentioned making friends through ESMB. I moved to the city I now live in about seven years ago and had a hard time making new friends. However, I've made a bunch of friends through ESMB and I feel less isolated now, more connected, and more in tune generally.

A big thank you to Emma and all the posters here. :thumbsup:

Petey I know what you mean about feeling less isolated. I have ' real ' friends in ' real ' life and had to move away from my home town because of ...............issues with the scientologists so had to start afresh and although my friends know my background it does help a lot to have ' friends ' on here who have been in the same place as me. Sometimes I felt isolated because my ' real ' friends didn't understand and as they say you can ' feel isolated in a crowd ', and I often did. Coming onto this forum has changed that for me and I don't feel isolated now. Emma should be proud of herself for providing such a good service, unlike scientology.

Now THIS I would pay for ! lol

RogerB

Crusader
Good call opening this thread Petey. Good call!

ESMB helped me in that it enabled me to get the facts and truths I did not have and could not get in the Cof$.

I like many, had bought the crap that Hubbard was something "special" who had managed to "rise above the bank," and based on that premise was royally led astray.

Here, on ESMB, I learned the truth about the man who sourced the junk and travesty known as $cn. Here I learned from folks who were there, had met the man, suffered at his hand his deceits and lies and destructive, megla-maniacal acts.

And here I learned of his original and true mad motivations and found the whole thing by him was a gigantic con job carried out by a dishonest nut case.

This enabled me to re-inspect the whole premise of the subject and the basis of any of my remaining beliefs in any work-ability of the subject.

I already knew it was rife with incompletenesses and error, even though there were elements that also afforded gains and worthwhile changes for the better, but I had no idea that it was a con job from the start . . . and that realization enabled me to "end cycle" on my relationship with it as it had been and to now see the whole enterprise of the Cof$ as being antithetical to truth, honor, honesty and/or any sense of worth to the ideals that decent people hold dear.

And I am now fervently against it.

RogerB

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
ESMB made me laugh. And Cry.

It gave me a place to share my experiences and listen to others. It made me realise that leaving Scientology wasn’t the end of my life.

Leaving the cult was a terrible experience and the sense of aloneness was crushing. Suddenly I had a place where I could be understood and I was no longer alone.

ESMB may be a virtual place, but the people are real.

PS - This has inspired me to write my first poem:

ESMB made me laugh. And Cry.

It made me see that I wouldn’t die.

It stopped me being alone,

And I saw that truth could be shown.

I was no longer afraid to speak,

Now real freedom I could seek.

No need to live in fear,

Instead proudly say, “Now I’m here!”

I can be with real people,

And no more robot sheeple.

I’ve crossed swords with Alanzo and Fluffy,

And not even got in a huffy.

Chilled out with Tansy

(Who isn’t a pansy).

I’ve been Hoaxed by the master,

And learned to type much faster.

Spent time with the Aussies Down Under,

And watched the cult split asunder.

Watched Emma wiggle her toes,

And shared a meal with my bros.

Now the future’s ours to be,

Here’s to ESMB!
:cheers2:

Axiom142

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
For me this site (<3 <3 ya Emma!) put some faces on the victims of cult. The stories and anecdotes, histories and pains, has opened my horizons and increased my understanding of what people have endured, and what they continue to endure.
I have met some very fine people here, and that, in itself, makes it a wonderous experience I am glad to have had.

:cheers: to you all!

:rose:

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
Well, with that big thing between your legs (when your playing your music) now wonder you're having success on that front! :biggrin::biggrin:

And on another note???

R

Roger, you reminded me of an orchestra quote. Ormandy was rehearsing the Philadelphia Orch, and he looked down at the principal cellist, at the time a woman, and said "Here you have this beautiful instrument between your legs and all you can do is scratch on it."

BTW, to all, my post was being facetious. I have gotten many smiles from this place.

Roger, you reminded me of an orchestra quote. Ormandy was rehearsing the Philadelphia Orch, and he looked down at the principal cellist, at the time a woman, and said "Here you have this beautiful instrument between your legs and all you can do is scratch on it."

BTW, to all, my post was being facetious. I have gotten many smiles from this place.

I've always heard that old chestnut as being about Stokowski.

Mark A. Baker

guanoloco

As-Wased
One of the biggest "wins" I've gotten off of ESMB is the ability to run this crap OUT!

As in being able to tell other people just how stupid and inane some things were and just be able to SAY that, first of all. And then to have others comment on the very same subjects and mention other things as well and to know that you aren't the ONLY ONE!

It's so restrictive and stifling to be in and around Scientology and when you leave, well it's just so bizarre that people outside of the experience have no clue what you're talking about and when you attempt to explain things to them they think you're nuts (rightly so) and say things like, "why didn't you just leave?"

How to answer that? They're completely correct to ask and it is that obvious and simple and yet you've got no freakin' answer to give! So then you just shut up...I mean you're already knowing that you're stupid and swindled out of years and tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars (for most).

Now I can yap away and laugh away and send the crap away!

This is what I love about ESMB and Emma knows it already!

It's therapy!

I know I'll never go back. There is more LIFE on this board than there ever, now, could be in the church.
I think that this board manifests the true result of scn: truly happy people who are of and in the world, expressive, knowledgable, generous, loving, funny, and making positive contributions to situations whenever or whereever they see a need. These are people having a really, really, really good time.

Thank you, Emma.