What's new

How did they make STRANGE ANGEL about Jack Parsons and

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
Maybe the guy across the street, Ernest, is their version of the character in The Master who stole Hoffman's/Hubbard's bike? The writers in Hollywood are young, their knowledge shallow, based on what they've seen on the screen rather than read. Their version of the Crowley ritual is quite laughable.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Maybe the guy across the street, Ernest, is their version of the character in The Master who stole Hoffman's/Hubbard's bike? The writers in Hollywood are young, their knowledge shallow, based on what they've seen on the screen rather than read. Their version of the Crowley ritual is quite laughable.
Sorry about the derail. I've completely lost faith in the younger generation with shallow knowledge. A bunch of university students on a TV quiz show last night had never heard of Syd Barrett. Shocking!

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sorry about the derail. I've completely lost faith in the younger generation with shallow knowledge. A bunch of university students on a TV quiz show last night had never heard of Syd Barrett. Shocking!

Of course the most memorable thing about Syd is "Shine On You Crazy Diamond". :cool: I tried listening to "Piper at the Gates of Dawn" recently. It was a chore.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
A chore eh? That's being polite IMO. I never did get it with Syd but the hippies down at the UFO club absolutely loved him and his quaint little ditties. When the Floyd came on and started their awful racket I'd roll a joint and walk around Soho for an hour or so until they'd finished their set.

Roger Waters loved him to bits but I obviously don't have that gene.

Last edited:

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
Watched two episodes, that was enough. There seem to be a lot of directors who think you can make a good TV show without good actors, interesting characters or good writing/dialogue... Maybe the fad of nighttime soap operas has lowered the bar. But I'm afraid when the older generation of Hollywood talent is dead and gone, that will be the end of interesting shows.

chipgallo

Patron Meritorious
Streamed programming on Netflix, Amazon etc. have changed the equation. There is decent content from the UK, Ireland, Spain and elsewhere. A lot of “Hollywood” came to the U.S. from other countries anyway.