What's new

How do you explain past lives?

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I try to respect religious believes of others.. but some are just too profound at this time. No offense, King Jesus.

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
And what about "being behind your head", what the hell does that mean? Can you actually see your body from behind your head?

What is the experience like and how do you explain it now that you left the Church?

I have seen behind my head. Right after a haircut, where the barber shows me his work. Sometimes they hold the mirror wierd, like three feet behind my head...then it is really difficult to get my eyeballs to stretch around...

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
And what about "being behind your head", what the hell does that mean? Can you actually see your body from behind your head?

What is the experience like and how do you explain it now that you left the Church?

"Being behind your head" doesn't exactly mean much to me either, and the LRH version "be three feet in back of your head" is some of the most appalling English I have ever heard.

My own death/exteriorization was nothing exciting--I only had auditory connection to the physical universe, and otherwise just a sense of being in a nice floaty safe place.

The person I had go track into an SS life was remembering as though he were in the body as "normal".

The friend who died on the Operating Table was able to wonder freely around the O.R. and outside it, but was held within range of the body by about 30 feet. The level of accurate detail he was able to impart to the surgeons left them in a state of shock.

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have an old-school process that can be informative on this point.

"Get the idea of being your body"
"Get the idea of being your name"
"Get the idea of being who your mother thinks you are"
"Get the idea of who your father thinks you are"

etc., etc., etc.

They are all "true" aspects of your self. To the extent that you ARE those aspects, you ARE dysfunctional.

Why?

I don't feel this way.

Now that I'm out - I'm spending my newfound "perspective" on learning more about who I really am - that is to say really getting into communication with my remaining parents, sibblings, long lost friends, etc. what they've learned about what's going on (now that I don't discredit almost anything they ever said because it disagrees with LRH).

Pepin

Patron with Honors
The friend who died on the Operating Table was able to wonder freely around the O.R. and outside it, but was held within range of the body by about 30 feet. The level of accurate detail he was able to impart to the surgeons left them in a state of shock.

What do you believe "held him" within 30ft?

JimJam

Patron with Honors

What hospital?
When did this occur?
What are the names of any of the surgeons?
How do you know they were in a state of shock? Did you witness them being told, or did your friend tell you this?

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
What hospital?
When did this occur?
What are the names of any of the surgeons?
How do you know they were in a state of shock? Did you witness them being told, or did your friend tell you this?

Thanks a lot.

Does this decrease the probability that the cute little nurse wasn't there? :bigcry:

JimJam

Patron with Honors
Thanks a lot.

Does this decrease the probability that the cute little nurse wasn't there? :bigcry:

I can't even be sure he HAS a friend, let alone one who was in a hospital or died on the operating table.

But if there was a hospital, there would be nurses...and chances are a certain percentage would be cute and/or have big boobs. Not sure about the power to keep souls within 30 feet of their body, though.

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
I think we all just mocked it up.
I am not a Scientologist
I was a NOTS Auditor and C/S
I am currently reading Bent Corydon's book "Madman or Messiah".
From the books title I choose number 1 "Madman".

Dean Blair

Student of Trinity

Silver Meritorious Patron
Out-of-body experiences on operating tables seem not to be so uncommon. General anesthetic is a weird thing that is not properly understood, or at least was not understood fifteen years ago, when I heard a lecture from a professor of anesthesiology. He began by stating clearly that medical science knew nothing more detailed about exactly what general anesthetic does, other than that it makes you lose consciousness. Since it is not known exactly what consciousness is, it is not surprising that we don't know exactly what losing consciousness is, either. The point is that GA is a powerful psychochemical effect, and it seems likely that it can sometimes induce hallucinations such as OBEs.

Patients are wheeled into the room conscious, and get a good view of everything around them before losing consciousness, albeit from a prone perspective. I recall from an article I read once, that OBEs typically report seeing things from above. But it is well established that the brain does an enormous amount of processing on sensory data (including remembered data) in order to generate our conscious impressions. It is very interesting, but by no means proof of actual out-of-body perception, that the subjective experience of an OBE is a view of a previously viewed scene, but from a different perspective. We often see familiar things in dreams from unfamiliar viewpoints, so the brain is clearly capable of this kind of shift.

The big point is just that there have been a lot of cases of OBEs in surgery, with a lot of highly qualified witnesses immediately at hand. But no smoking gun case of a patient accurately seeing something "externally", which their physical eyes could not see and had not previously seen, has ever been presented. This makes it very difficult to interpret these phenomena naively, as genuine "exterior perception." The theory that they are a kind of drug-induced hallucination seems much more plausible, given the evidence.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I am not a Scientologist

Dean Blair

Hey Dean,

Welcome to ESMB. I remember you. :)

Paul

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Well, I wasn't about to ignore him.. I think he's right.. It's all hokum and wishful thinking...

But then, I was Baron Von Münchhausen in an earlier life.. Obviously I was so full of shit that I can't trust myself on previous life recalls.. I could 'mock up' the most incredible shit though!

Hmm.. The question, whether we are undying spirits or 'meatballs' living only this once, is intensely interesting. Great business potential in it, I'm sure Hubbard would agree..

It's interesting, but is it important?

If we truly are meatballs and cease to exist when 'power' to our brain is cut.. Then we don't care at all.

OTOH.. I'm prepared for a nice surprice in the unlikely event that I die and am still 'here' to experience it.

Does this then, have anything at all to do with Scientology? - Well, yes.. Scientology makes this issue into a merry mess that has been driving people nuts. Obscene craploads of utter drivel and hogwash about it that scientologists will believe.

And they will pay large amounts of money! - They will forsake their families and children!

Imagine 'recalling' a shitty 'lifetime' like that next? - And of course.. If we really are meatballs, we'd feel rather stupid.. If we were capable of feeling stupid being a dead meatball.. Hmm..

:unsure:

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
What do you believe "held him" within 30ft?

Dunno. It's his story, not mine. I don't think he would appreciate falling from another building (it was some film stunt that went seriously wrong) and spending an additional nine hours in surgery just to satisfy some speculation.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
I am not a Scientologist

Dean Blair

Hi Dean :wave:

I think you were at Flag at the same time I was on training ('87 - '88) - :welcome: to ESMB.

Gonna give us an intro story soon? :drama: