What's new

How I got my FLAG repayment - in 30 days

Neo

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thank you. I couldn't have done it without my dear friends ImOut and her hubby. And TMA and all of my good friends here at ESMB.

You may not know this about me, but I was kinda messed up when I first left the cult. I didn't know what was what. I didn't know if I had ANY ability since the abilities I thought I had turned out to be based on some huge con. Well you know...the usual stuff. I had no desire to help or take a stand or fight or roll over or any stuff.

Finding other exes gave me my legs. I was gradually able to put one foot in front of the other. I was able to allow myself to form opinions and become a new version of myself without being a good little Ronbot.

Helping people get their money back seemed like the least I could do, considering how much I talked people into spending in the cult. Glad to do it and plan to do more.

BTW - TMA is the first of MY contacts to get money back from the IAS as well as Flag. That's pretty cool dontcha think?

GT

GT, it's been great watching you help people get their money back :thumbsup:

And I understand the feeling of not knowing how to feel on leaving the cult. Do I have any abilities now? Who can I trust? Actions speak louder than words, and I think we've shown them that people can rise above their pasts.

Oh, and did I mention - damn it's good to watch people getting their money back from the cult :happydance:

Neo
:)

Good twin

Floater
Thanks. Yep and may I say....you are Neo, But each of is "the one" in our own way? Truly it is a thing of beauty, which I will never take for granted again.
:thumbsup:
GT
GT, it's been great watching you help people get their money back :thumbsup:

And I understand the feeling of not knowing how to feel on leaving the cult. Do I have any abilities now? Who can I trust? Actions speak louder than words, and I think we've shown them that people can rise above their pasts.

Oh, and did I mention - damn it's good to watch people getting their money back from the cult :happydance:

Neo
:)

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
:happydance: Live long and Prosper, Feral and Mrs PattyCake!
(damn ImOut needs to redo the math - we getting closer to our first million!)

Not everyone informs me of the repayments, so I don't know the stats. I'm not demanding compliance on repayment amounts. Sorry folks, just can't go down that route.

Good to know that it's closer to a million bucks. A million bucks,the CofS doesn't have to do what they do. Let your imagination take you where it will.

Any that I've helped get a repayment, I'm glad I could. And I'm glad it's been easier for most than it was for my husband and I.

I was never truly an FSM for the CofS, so at least I can FSM in reverse. LOL!!! :p

Good twin

Floater
:hug: Sometimes we are both the "good twin".
Not everyone informs me of the repayments, so I don't know the stats. I'm not demanding compliance on repayment amounts. Sorry folks, just can't go down that route.

Good to know that it's closer to a million bucks. A million bucks,the CofS doesn't have to do what they do. Let your imagination take you where it will.

Any that I've helped get a repayment, I'm glad I could. And I'm glad it's been easier for most than it was for my husband and I.

I was never truly an FSM for the CofS, so at least I can FSM in reverse. LOL!!! :p

myrklix

Patron with Honors
Just found this thread but thought I'd pile on and say that this worked for me. Much thanks to TMA, ImOut, & Good Twin in helping me get repayments at my local org & Flag a bit over a year ago. I'd PM'd tookmeawhile and and got the write-up posted on this thread. I used the same letters posted here (modified to my own situation) and got my money quickly -- far quicker than going the "routing form route" at my local org which took 7 months. TMA, thanks for the concise write-up.
-myrklix

tookmeawhile

Patron with Honors
Just found this thread but thought I'd pile on and say that this worked for me. Much thanks to TMA, ImOut, & Good Twin in helping me get repayments at my local org & Flag a bit over a year ago. I'd PM'd tookmeawhile and and got the write-up posted on this thread. I used the same letters posted here (modified to my own situation) and got my money quickly -- far quicker than going the "routing form route" at my local org which took 7 months. TMA, thanks for the concise write-up.
-myrklix

Makes me feel good to hear you got your money! Thanks for the thanks! :thumbsup:

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Do you mind telling us the approximate amount you got? We are "keeping stats" you know. LOL!!! You really don't have to tell us. It's just fun to know.

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
Do you mind telling us the approximate amount you got? We are "keeping stats" you know. LOL!!! You really don't have to tell us. It's just fun to know.

Yay! :happydance: :buzzin: :sing: :woohoo: It only took a year! :D 3 more orgs to go!!

:point:

Attachments

• Repay chk Flag accomos.jpg
    Repay chk Flag accomos.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 105

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yay! :happydance: :buzzin: :sing: :woohoo: It only took a year! :D 2 more orgs to go!!

:point:

Attachments

• Repay chk AO.jpg
    Repay chk AO.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Happy Girl, Get them cashed quickly. One of them is void after 90 days of the check date and it's dated in December. And just because February only has 28 days, they still count it as 30.

So glad you are finally getting your money back.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
It is 2012. Can anyone help me to get money back? I heard Sea Org was BROKE. Do they declare you an SP if you get your money back? I would like to get my money back and then send them a letter declaring myself an SP against the Church of Scum! :coolwink:

I would appreciate any advice. Also, should I get my attorney involved? I am not ever going to be recovered because the whole thing is a total scam!

Thanks for your help guys!! The Bridge to Total Spiritual Freedom is getting into the Church of Scamonolgy and then realizing it is a TRAP and then getting the hell out!

Now that is total spiritual freedom!:yes:

zegritte

Here is how I got my money from Flag. Please note this is not a refund but just getting money back that I had on account. Most on account for future services, some accomodations AND money from unused hours in folder. I remember I had just broken into an intensive. I got the money for around 11.5 hours in my folder, too! From the date of my first letter to them until I got the check was 30 days total.

Special thanks goes to ImOut for the basic format of the letters and assistance. She sent me the letters they used, and I basically just plugged in my info. Also, GoodTwin provided help with my cycle.

I am no expert on how to get refunds. I don't know why this letter/format worked - but it did work. No, they did not take out any admin fees (2% I think) but I heard they can do that.

I did sign the "Release, Waiver and Writ of Expulsion form for the Church of Scientology Flag Service Organization, Inc." Basically, a standard release form. They wanted it notarized so I did. If you don't want to sign the waiver; well good luck with that. I didn't mind signing it.

I never did contact my attorney.

I sent the first letter to "attn. Treasury" to the address below. Then I got a reply from Flag's legal director, Sarah Heller. You know, if Flag would only deliver services as quickly as this refund, they might not have to give out so many refunds. As you can tell by her replies, she was very, very nice. I wonder if she's a candidate to become an ex-Scientologist soon! Sarah, please PM me if you read this and want out of the SO!

Oh, make sure you send your letters to Flag using priority mail with delivery confirmation - if you send it certified, they will refuse it. Here is a cut/paste of my letters to them:

April 28, 2008

Church of Scientology
Flag Service Org
503 Cleveland Street
Clearwater, FL 33755
Attn. Treasury

Re: Full Refund of all Moneys on Account, $X.XX for Tookmeawhile

Attn: Treasury

I hereby demand a full repayment of all funds currently on account. Within the Church this is commonly referred to as “Advanced Payments”. I have decided to forego all future participation in the Church of Scientology and therefore will never use any money on account for future services. This letter shall serve as proof that I am leaving the Church of Scientology.

This demand includes, but is not limited to: money on account for counseling, money on account for training, money on account for books and other materials, money on account for accommodations as well as money which has been debited and currently held in my counseling folders as unused hours.

This breaks down as followed:

$ X.XX on service account towards future services.

$ X.XX unused hours in my counseling folders.

$ X.XX on account toward accommodations.

A quick and full refund is expected within 7 days of receipt of this letter. This demand is in accordance with existing Church Policy, the same Policy that was quoted to the IRS when the Church of Scientology was granted tax-exempt status. This Policy is commonly referred to as “Fair Use”.

Failure to comply with this demand will result in legal action by my attorney.

Copies to:

Thomas M. Jones, Attorney at Law
US House of Representatives, Committee on Ways and Means

Thank you,

Tookmeawhile
Address
Phone Number

Hello, I have been off lines for a very long time. About 20 years. I would like to know if anyone can help, if it is possible to get a refund for 5 intensives for OT5.
I paid in advance for the service, went to Flag, and then instead of doing OT5, I was given 5 intensives of Sec checks instead.

Naturally, I would like to get a refund for all my services and so on, but just getting this back would be good enough for me to finally end cycle on it.

Thanks,
Zegritte

zegritte

Hi, does anyone know if you can get a refund on 5 intensives that were paid for OT 5 and never received? I went to Flag to do this and was given Sec Checks instead. Is this fraudulent?

Thanks for any info.

Zegritte