What's new

How is leaving Scientology supposed to equate to throwing away your eternity?

AnonKat

Crusader
FWIW my concept of thetan, spirit, soul, is that it is of itself necessarily free and eternal, if it exists at all. IOW it cannot be anything else but free and eternal. Ergo, the whole idea of striving for spiritual freedom and/or eternity is a ludicrous idea, completely illogical, a total waste of time, energy, money.

It is an idea upon which, through the ages, many charlatans and some well-intentioned persons have hung their hat.

IMO the idea that leaving Scientology means damning your chance of eternity is utter nonsense. Unfortunately, it's an idea that holds many within scientology's grasp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBfMjHEw8Zw

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I think the original ethos was that until a being was free from the influence of having been implanted, and gotten up to the level of being free from the effects of having recieved implanted reactive minds, then he was at risk of being "re-aberrated" and implanted in the future, and thus thrown back in to the soup of meat-body civilizations.

That is why LRH stressed the importance of TRAINING. He said that it is the first time that an OT has knowledge and tech about the trap--and THAT is what will keep us free in the future if implanters try any funny business.

Thus....

The HCOPL's "How To Clean A Car" and HCOPL "Okay To Drive Checksheet".

Once you finish those two, if you are trapped in an implant you have the tech to simply get in your clean car and drive away.

AnonKat

Crusader
That is why LRH stressed the importance of TRAINING. He said that it is the first time that an OT has knowledge and tech about the trap--and THAT is what will keep us free in the future if implanters try any funny business.

Thus....

Once you finish those two, if you are trapped in an implant you have the tech to simply get in your clean car and drive away.

More Tech :D

flag-order-3433.jpg

Hatshepsut

Crusader

Thus....

That's just cherry!!! ROFL :roflmao:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Thus....

Not so much a joke this time.

HCO PL 6 October 1962 CAR WASHING
The other one is called CAR SCHOOL. I only ever saw the checksheet as a Pilot Issue. I guess it's a Flag Order or something now.

Paul

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Not so much a joke this time.

HCO PL 6 October 1962 CAR WASHING
The other one is called CAR SCHOOL. I only ever saw the checksheet as a Pilot Issue. I guess it's a Flag Order or something now.

Paul

Thx Paul. I was too lazy to look up the actual names of those 2 PL's...lol.

And, that reminds me--

I am still wondering if the reason I blew from the upper Bridge is MU's from my last course?

DC-8 SCHOOL

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
You need to "think like a brain-washed & severely over-indoctrinated Scientologist" to grasp the simple "logic" involved.

In Hubbard's view, as stated clearly in MANY policies and books, and thus in the mind of every card-carrying Church lemming, ONLY LRH Tech supplies the tools to FREE THETANS. That is a Scientology stable datum - part of the fanatical belief system created in the mind of any person staying involved with the subject for too long.

So, when one accepts this "fact" (it's not really a fact at all, but is accepted as a "fact" by the Church looney follower), that ONLY Scientology provides the "road to complete spiritual freedom, well then "logically", within the Scientology framework of BELIEFS, if you leave Scientology, get declared, and become banned from all upper levels, you thus are cutting yourself off from gains FOREVER! For "eternity". (ref: From Clear to Eternity - LRH ED, "RJ" something or another)

Yeah, I know it is dumb. But, this is what these dummies accept, believe and forward to others as "truth". :omg:

There is a bit more to it though. If you "leave", you then get declared as an SP. The expulsion and declare follow naturally, again within the framework of Scientology policy idiocy. If you are declared, you are forbidden from getting any Scientology services, and since, again within the framework of their thinking, since ONLY Scientology possesses the ONLY workable path to spiritual enlightenment on planet Earth (more stupid assertions and assumptions), well OF COURSE, you are throwing away your priceless eternity.

Hubbard yaps about this endlessly. This belief, that ONLY Scientology holds the key to your eternal salvation, is KEY to continuing the scam on any true believer. That YOUR endless eternal future depends on what YOU DO with Scientology by getting yourself up the Bridge, right now (ref: KSW). If you don't get up the Bridge, either due to laziness or getting yourself denied the Bridge (by leaving), well then you are "throwing away your eternity".

I cover all of this in the essay referenced below.

To understand a Muslim fanatic, you must learn to think like one by understanding what the nut-job BELIEVES. The same is exactly true when trying to understand what a fanatical devoted Scientologist thinks, believes and DOES.

Oh, and if you try to do the Bridge NEXT lifetime, the theory is that it would come up in auditing that you were declared last lifetime, and that you would either have to do A to E, or remain declared and cut off from the Bridge and your "wonderful sparkling eternity as an OT". Gag me with a spoon . . . . :duh:

If each of the assumptions are true, then it "makes sense" (follows logically) that you would be throwing away your eternity. The problem, of course, is that the assumptions, claims and assertions of Hubbard and Scientology are NOT TRUE! :bigcry:

You can only understand the behavior of any person once you grasp the person's fundamental beliefs about reality. And sadly, what any person accepts as true and believes often has very little to do with any observable verifiable "fact". This is especially true with "religions".
VERY well stated. And what added to my total disillusionment with the tech, specifically the "upper levels" is to read just how lame they are!!!! All the time and money you spend running out BT engrams that have been eval'd to you before you supposedly get to actual OT levels. Then when you read how lame the original upper levels were you shake your head in disbelief!?! Go to a mall and project intentions into people like they are the ashtrays on the com course? Are you fucking kidding me? This is what I ceased all aspects of my would be life for????? NO WAY!!!! But yet this is the dismal truth of the path I followed blindly as layed out by an organization of highly indoctrinated con artists. If the way out is such fluff and this was the path to eternity then there would be no real basis for our entrapment here and we'd still be free beings.

hummingbird

Patron with Honors
This is the same mind-warp that all the World's Major Religions shove down their parishioners' throats. "If you become an apostate, you will burn in hell forever!!"

Same drill, same emotional blackmail, same worthless promises of salvation, same old crap that mankind's dealt with forever. Just different clothes.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
I asked my friend Rasheem to comment about this "throwing away one's Eternity".

This is what he said.

"This is not a possible statement. Think about it. Better yet here I will show you. See I take this book and hold it in my hand. Now watch. See, I can throw it away. It is a book and I can hold a book in my hand and throw it away.

But this thing 'Throw away Eternity'. Here it is not possible to even hold an Eternity in your hand so how can you throw away an Eternity if you cannot even hold an Eternity in your hand. Here you try. Try to hold an Eternity in your hand. See you can't do it. So that means that you cannot throw away an Eternity.

I think Rasheem is pretty smart sometimes.

Rd00

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
In the US there only about 2400 different groups that are certain they have the only way to salvation.

And stands to "reason" should you leave the group you have lost the only chance you ever had for salvation.

Sounds good ! But it is bat shit crazy !

Is it possible just one COULD be wrong ?

Yep.

Then it is possible it could be any group - or all groups - are wrong.

Oh, is there an eternity ?

Really now, is there an eternity ?

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
In the US there only about 2400 different groups that are certain they have the only way to salvation.

And stands to "reason" should you leave the group you have lost the only chance you ever had for salvation.

Sounds good ! But it is bat shit crazy !

Is it possible just one COULD be wrong ?

Yep.

Then it is possible it could be any group - or all groups - are wrong.

Oh, is there an eternity ?

Really now, is there an eternity ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqJpZOljjG8

Clarence Rockaway

Patron with Honors
So Hubbard was lying when he said he will soon return to human form from the afterlife as a powerful politician to lead the world into a new era?

And why would Hubbard have to drop his body in order to go to Target 2, when he could travel the universe at will, as he so often claimed?
Odd isn't it, for someone who can travel the universe at will to end up going catatonic in a Bluebird trailer in Bumfuck California. I should have chosen something a little more impressive. Maybe while swinging on a star, carrying moonbeams home in a jar, L.Rat Humpturd went appetite over tin cup, which took him to the rings of Saturn, which when he learned that they were made up of lost airline luggage, made him 'come a cropper, (or in his case, a crapper), and so he Hobson Jobsoned the whole thing, which was 'pruff' that he was an asshole. He certainly convinced me.:yes:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Has anyone figured out how leaving Scientology supposed to equate to throwing away your eternity? <snip>
Yeah! - Anybody who's experienced Scientology registrars 'regging' you for all the money you've got and then some, realizes that this will go on for eternity..

So leaving will change that.. No more regging for all eternity!

Yeah.. I know.. I'm a farkin' genius!

:duh::yes::eyeroll:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
How can you throw away your eternity when you are centered directly in the middle of it? There can be no beginning that could be any further back than any imaginary end could be off in the distant future. My concept of eternity is a timelessness of no beginning nor end. Therefore how can it be sold to you and taken away if you decide to no longer jump through the flaming hoops of a corrupt organization? By now we know that the COS has no stairway to heaven to sell you anyway, all that glitters is their gold that once was yours... They can take your money but not your eternity. Or just do more ashtray exercises if you are worried.

Gadfly

Crusader
Hubbard states that you are an "eternal being". The notion is that you have NO CHOICE but to "exist forever".

Of course, what it means to "safeguard your eternity", in Scio-terms, is that "with SCN techniques, you can be in that future in much better shape as a spiritual being". It means that, "unlike many others, YOU will not end up as some rock (over-identified with some piece of MEST)".

The idea is that "spirits are suffering in an uncontrollable dwindling spiral", and that "it will only get worse, due to the nature of the problem, unless you do something about it WITH Scn".

Scientology isn't trying to sell you "eternity", because as Hubbard defines it, you are eternal anyways. What he is selling you is a way to better guarantee yourself a "more aware" and "better state as a thetan" while going through this eternity.

Though, from a certain perspective if a thetan gets "caved-in to MEST enough, then it would become unconscious and be the rock or pile of ashes".

That is the Scn theory on it.

If you "leave SCN", then you bar yourself from the "only way" to address and handle the "deep spiritual problems" that underlie the "dwindling spiral". In "that sense", you are "throwing away your eternity by leaving Scn".

The idea contains a great many (unprovable and arbitrary) assumptions . . . . . :confused2:

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Hubbard states that you are an "eternal being". The notion is that you have NO CHOICE but to "exist forever".

Of course, what it means to "safeguard your eternity", in Scio-terms, is that "with SCN techniques, you can be in that future in much better shape as a spiritual being". It means that, "unlike many others, YOU will not end up as some rock (over-identified with some piece of MEST)".

The idea is that "spirits are suffering in an uncontrollable dwindling spiral", and that "it will only get worse, due to the nature of the problem, unless you do something about it WITH Scn".

Scientology isn't trying to sell you "eternity", because as Hubbard defines it, you are eternal anyways. What he is selling you is a way to better guarantee yourself a "more aware" and "better state as a thetan" while going through this eternity.

Though, from a certain perspective if a thetan gets "caved-in to MEST enough, then it would become unconscious and be the rock or pile of ashes".

That is the Scn theory on it.

If you "leave SCN", then you bar yourself from the "only way" to address and handle the "deep spiritual problems" that underlie the "dwindling spiral". In "that sense", you are "throwing away your eternity by leaving Scn".

The idea contains a great many (unprovable and arbitrary) assumptions . . . . . :confused2:

I know one heck of a lot of people who have done so so much better AFTER leaving scientology ( and quasi-scientology ) than they did IN scientology.

I'm talking health, wealth, and happiness without even getting into the spiritual realm ( can we leave that - for now - as an individual choice that doesn't require a money grubbing guru.

Listen to posters here on ESMB who have recovered their health, their family, their careers.... their very lives.

Yes, there is living proof...proveable... that life can be a whole lot better for an individual without scientology than with it.

Living your life IS your eternity............is it not?

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is the same mind-warp that all the World's Major Religions shove down their parishioners' throats. "If you become an apostate, you will burn in hell forever!!"

Same drill, same emotional blackmail, same worthless promises of salvation, same old crap that mankind's dealt with forever. Just different clothes.

It is true that no earthy institution ... no church organization, not the Vatican, not any body of believers has the authority to cut you off from the Creator of the Universe. The Creator WILL not do that ... but you can, thru your actions and lack of faith.

Pete

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Odd isn't it, for someone who can travel the universe at will to end up going catatonic in a Bluebird trailer in Bumfuck California. I should have chosen something a little more impressive. Maybe while swinging on a star, carrying moonbeams home in a jar, L.Rat Humpturd went appetite over tin cup, which took him to the rings of Saturn, which when he learned that they were made up of lost airline luggage, made him 'come a cropper, (or in his case, a crapper), and so he Hobson Jobsoned the whole thing, which was 'pruff' that he was an asshole. He certainly convinced me.:yes:

Correction : Hubbard was an unwiped asshole.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Correction : Hubbard was an unwiped asshole.
Maybe that Venusian freight train flattened him on the tracks and the Invader Force had to revive him by injecting a fresh thetan into his tattered theta body because once they ran him through the implant mill he forgot "all the research" he was doing and he's now a "hot" squat, heavy gravity Venusian momma, married with 3 kids running a muck and no clue as to that we're all waiting with baited breath for the new OT levels he's supposed to be working on...just a thought.

Many that I know can relate because, they too, are their own imaginary friend and just trudging along, in deep do-do, feeling very alone, toward their own uncelebrated & tormented end...so sad. That bridge was one helluva deal, wish we coulda each bought two! All said tongue in cheek.