What's new

How L. Ron Hubbard tried to hoax the FBI, and ‘brainwashed’ politicians of the far right

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

How L. Ron Hubbard tried to hoax the FBI, and ‘brainwashed’ politicians of the far right

Historian Chris Owen has graced us with another terrific deep dive into one of Scientology’s more curious artifacts. Today, he provides new insight on one of L. Ron Hubbard’s greatest hoaxes. Tomorrow, he explains how Hubbard’s prank took on a life of its own with this country’s extreme right wing.

In the late [...]

Historian Chris[.......]

Continue reading...

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Who does he consider "the far right"? Anybody to the right of Marx?
Maybe he does, but face it, most politically engaged people define political terms to suit themselves. He's not doing anything different from what the right does when it talks about the "far left" (most people think their politics are moderate, whatever their views).

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Maybe he does, but face it, most politically engaged people define political terms to suit themselves. He's not doing anything different from what the right does when it talks about the "far left" (most people think their politics are moderate, whatever their views).
Hey, I quite openly consider myself a right winger, to the point where I consider Trump to be a squishy moderate.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hey, I quite openly consider myself a right winger, to the point where I consider Trump to be a squishy moderate.

Post deleted - sorry, I can't figure out this software.

Last edited: