What's new

How many of us really know where we stand & know exactly what we should think and do?

What have you figured out re Scn?

• Have everything figured out re all Scn matters

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Figured out my ideology but not re the cult

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haven't a clue abt any of this but hoping to learn

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Figured out some re beliefs but not re criticism

• Resolved my questions re Scn, not FZ/Indie

• Figured it out re cult, FZ, etc but not picketing, etc.

• Nope, not even close. I take each day as it comes.

• Have resolved nothing, not even sure where to start

• Have resolved nothing, not even sure where to start

• None of the above

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I don't know about all of you readers and contributors, but the more I read critical fora, the more I find my beliefs and ideas challenged. Not just, oh, ok, she still likes some Scn ideas and it's time to look at those- but also with respect to all things Scientology. Events that have occurred. Events that will occur in the future that we don't know about yet. What conclusions will we draw?

Ever see a thread where everyone has the same take on a given issue re CofS, Scn, Hubbard? Even if every single person in the thread is not in any way involved with Scn as an ideology? (much less if you have a mix of contributors posting there as you often do)

I don't even see that every critic agrees on signing the petitioin.

I don't think all of us have the same ideas on what should be done and how to do it, or the same ideas on why the cult went wrong, why Hubbard went wrong. There is a lot of commonality here, yes. But same ideas, no.

Do we all have all our personal feelings, issues, traumas, heartbreak, etc resolved? Have we all completed drawing all the conclusions we need to draw?

I know I haven't. But I am learning.

Shit, I don't even have everything resolved about grade school yet... :coolwink:

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Re: How many of us really know where we stand & know exactly what we should think and

My beliefs have shifted, modified, changed, evolved, been discarded on a pretty much regular basis.

Figured out? Nah.

I was raised even before kindegarden to not lie, cheat, or steal or tolerate those that do.

And that was called " Honor".

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious
Re: How many of us really know where we stand & know exactly what we should think and

What I have found out (starting from zero since I was never involved): Scientology - it's always worse than you think. But I did learn a lot about the subject. When I started investigating the cult, I thought all Scientologists were evil and cunning, participating in a conspiracy trying to lure innocent people into a trap. It took some time before I realised that Scientology is an evil organisation filled with good people who really think they're helping.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill

Yep, guys, and it's different for everyone.

I hope that I never have everything figured out. For now, it's enough that I'm not a cult member and am speaking out against it.

I find I often have to question views I'd had, that I thought I'd already examined.

Some people are doubtless ahead of me on that curve.

Good twin

Floater

Clueless and loving it. :yes:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

Very good survey idea

Hurry to see results with more response to get an idea.
:thumbsup: