What's new

How many people went type III (ie. had a Psychotic Break) in your org?

Status
Not open for further replies.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Re: How many people went type III in your org?

Let's not forget, many staff in the local orgs have not done the OT levels and do not know about BT's -- while we on ESMB freely discuss this, loyal Scientologists avoid listening to any mention of what's on levels above them, because they think they'll go insane/get pneumonia/die if they do. So anyone not familiar with BT's will consider any talk of them to be bonkers.

One thing the church does not understand is that many BT's are benign -- they are actually necessary to do things like make the heart beat, clean up mental detritus, and what not. If you try to eliminate them all, you will lose it.

I suppose all of us have tremendous pressure at times from our BT's (which I do believe in), especially those organized networks of BT's that are part of the trap that is Planet Earth (but I digress). Not knowing about them makes it possible to actively deny they exist -- but learning about them blows the cover off that boiling pot, causing some people to freak out.

The diagnosis of course would be schizophrenia. That's what schizophrenia is, IMHO.

I am overall opposed to the way psychiatry operates -- although I have taken psych meds at times, and not just pre-Scn. However, if someone is totally freaking out, then something must be done. Psychiatry is basically allopathic -- treating and eliminating, if possible, the symptoms while not addressing the underlying condition. If someone has to be restrained and forcibly medicated, as represhensible as I consider that to be, I suppose sometimes (very rarely) that would have to be done.

Most psychiatric meds bury a person's problems under an avalanche of denial. It could just be what a serious Type III needs, at least until they can "get on their feet" and begin to deal with the fact that they are a "composite" (LRH-speak).

So its no wonder that they "go off their meds" when they get home (and this is rather common, even among "wog psych patients"). The meds are less necessary then, and they are far from an ideal scene.

Just my $.02.

Helena

I don't believe in BTs, but I believe there is something in what you say here. If humans had evolved with BTs then they would serve a purpose, a symbiotic relationship would exist. The host and the BTs would be important to each other and would help each other, knowingly or not. It is in a tapeworm's interest that it's host is healthy and some parasites do help their host's immune system. I think BTs are some kind of metaphor for individual organs or functions, which have their own awareness of being though to a very small degree.

This is similar to saying that there are gods that deal with new beginnings, love, creation, war, the sea etc, but believing in them doesn't make them real. Likewise with pixies, the little people, elves, demons, invisible friends, father Christmas, the tooth fairy etc. The power they have is only the power that the person gives them, and that can be immense as in Hubbard and his terror of BTs. The more a person invests in these invisible friends the more they impact on him or her and the more insane they become.

But I do believe that basing a world view on lies can be destructive to sanity. A friend of mine believes that someone he is in love with loves him back despite having no correspondence for two years. My friend sends texts nearly daily to the object of his love without any reply. Nothing I say can change his certainty that the love is reciprocated. That is far removed from the truth, and is insanity. As a scientologist there are many many lies that lie behind the way you see things. These false realities are causing insanity. No matter how many times I tell him it's just not true he can not let go and see reality, that's how scientologists are, they refuse to see the obvious truth that they are in a cult and their mind is controlled.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

One bit of tech that seemed to be making a lot of nutters out of sane people was GPM stuff, ie people's life purpose. Telling people that what they wanted to do was based on implants and what they really wanted to do was to sign this contract was a quick way to destroy a human being. I am still recovering from that. Talk about pulling the rug from under your feet!

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball

Actually, if you have a perfectly mentally wholesome conniption fit in front of those pesky Scientology registrars because the mothafuck'n church has completely ruined you and is now trying to make you steal money from your mother on her deathbed.. Why, the church of Scientology will decide you are Type III and lock you up until you come to your senses.

Fuck that! :fighting:

Awesome thread btw!!!

Last edited:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

As much as your answer to my portion of this posting freaks me out, I thank you for the response.

That's an interesting statement. When people are delusional and think they are being poisoned at every turn, that there are demons under their beds, that the air is full of arsenic, etc., they are obviously already under a huge avalanche of denial of reality. They need something to turn that shit off for a second so they can breathe. They need that stuff to GO AWAY. They need to feel close to normal again so they can get a glimpse of reality so that they can get a foothold and dig themselves out. These people are broken messes. Their minds have snapped.

I no longer think of psychiatry as a single entity doing anything. To be honest, my dirty little secret while I was in the cult was that I never thought of it that way. I was continually qualifying the cult's statements about psychiatry, to others, because their wholesale, rabid hatred of the profession was embarrassing to me. I could never get myself to blanketly state they were ALL evil. That was just ridiculous.

Before I got into Scientology my only direct experience of Psychiatry had been a disastrous one - a friend of mine had ended up in hospital (drug abuse) and eventually was released, his new girlfriend was one of his nurses. Me and couple of mates met up with him and were horrified at how he looked and sounded. A week or so later he committed suicide. So when I got into Scientology my experience seemed to validate what the GO was saying.

During my time in I gradually started to realize that one sided propaganda was BS and saw what happened with people who had genuine mental issues and after I got out and particularly when I got to meet psychiatrists and then later when I got to work with some of them (as technical support) and I realized how much more effective they were than anything associated with the cloud of BS and poison that is Scientology.

Scientologists, thanks to the study of scientology are the worst people to be dealing with mental issues. It is like letting defective chimps play with razors and loaded pistols while taking care of infants. Not exaggerating.

Last edited:

FlunkYou

Patron with Honors

I can attest to the fact that scn has no business dealing with any mental issues whatsoever. In fact this is such a hot issue for me, I can actually feel my blood boil when I see these asshats condescendingly spewing their BS when a celeb dies from drugs or suicide. THEY claim to be the authorities on mental issues when in fact they probably have a higher suicide rate than any psych drug (adjusting for group size of course).

I had a "mental" issue in my late 20's and immediately turned to what I KNEW would help me (as I was raised to believe). Well, 5 years and over $100k later, I was worse off than when I started. I was so fucked up, I could feel my mind slipping away. In the end I literally had to stop my auditing. All it was doing was making it worse. It was like sitting at the controls of a large passenger plane with no training - the auditor is in the copilot seat next to you telling you there are no wrong answers yet the plane is still in a nosedive and getting closer to the ground.

What's even funnier is that they won't let anyone step foot on Flag's property if they know you have any sort of mental problem since Lisa. And not just bipolar or any of the big issues, it could be just be a bout of depression or anxiety too. But hey, they're the authority on mental health. :duh:

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter

Another contradiction is that they say they're not supposed to work with psychosis. Yet time and time again they've done just that. And it didn't work. They also have accepted people who were impaired by accidents or who were born that way, onto staff or even course. Plus isolation watches.

People have what CofS wants. Money, time, labor. Even those who are impaired or psychologically damaged in some way. IMO, that's why the cult does it, rather than out of a sincere desire to help, misguided or not.

looker

Patron Meritorious

In the late 70s there was a German gal had been divorced at least 2 times came into the mission she was wanting some auditing.

Clearly she was bothered and one of those who talked a lot, somewhat obsessively. Well she was in and out of the mission I dont think she finished the com course. She couldn't really fathom TR0.

Ethics told her she should see a doctor because she had been on Psyche drugs PTS and a illegal PC.

She would disappear for a few months and then be back asking for auditing. This went on for maybe a few years. I think she got some touch assists and maybe some locationals.

I had moved away to another city and came back to visit the mission a year or so later.

One of my friends said This illegal PC German lady had come up with a lot of money from a divorce suit, so the reges couldn't resist They set her up with one of the best auditors in the mission a kind and gentle soul, kind of a groovey hipster type.

When they got a few hours into session she goes nuts wanting out. The auditor wanting to keep the auditors code and pointing out "the way out is the way through". He wouldn't let her blow session.

She fought him. She outweighed him by about 50 pounds. She broke his glasses scratched his face bloody, ripped his shirt and broken up the furniture. Bashed the door and fled. She had hurt herself in the fight and threatened a lawsuit.

Its amazing how Scientology says its for the ABLE, not for the insane. Yet the greedy push for money allows these people to be accepted. They don't get the help they need. They get hurt and well meaning auditors get hurt too.

This was yet another noted "crazyness" of the organization among others that validated my drifting away for good.

Last edited:

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron

In the late 70s there was a German gal had been divorced at least 2 times came into the mission she was wanting some auditing.

Clearly she was bothered and one of those who talked a lot, somewhat obsessively. Well she was in and out of the mission I dont think she finished the com course. She couldn't really fathom TR0.

Ethics told her she should see a doctor because she had been on Psyche drugs PTS and a illegal PC.

She would disappear for a few months and then be back asking for auditing. This went on for maybe a few years. I think she got some touch assists and maybe some locationals.

I had moved away to another city and came back to visit the mission a year or so later.

One of my friends said This illegal PC German lady had come up with a lot of money from a divorce suit, so the reges couldn't resist They set her up with one of the best auditors in the mission a kind and gentle soul, kind of a groovey hipster type.

When they got a few hours into session she goes nuts wanting out. The auditor wanting to keep the auditors code and pointing out "the way out is the way through". He wouldn't let her blow session.

She fought him. She outweighed him by about 50 pounds. She broke his glasses scratched his face bloody, ripped his shirt and broken up the furniture. Bashed the door and fled. She had hurt herself in the fight and threatened a lawsuit.

Its amazing how Scientology says its for the ABLE, not for the insane. Yet the greedy push for money allows these people to be accepted. They don't get the help they need. They get hurt and well meaning auditors get hurt too.

This was yet another noted "crazyness" of the organization among others that validated my drifting away for good.

Hey, good for her. She sounds sane to me . . . :nervous::unsure:
:whistling: :laugh:

catarina

PTS Type III

As usual, my story is autobiographical. I don't have very clever theories or stat reports to contribute, so I limit myself to little anecdotes.

I'm pretty sure CoS didn't make me go crazy, I think I carried the prerequisites around already. It just happened to break loose around the time I joined in my late teens, a time where it's not unusual to fall ill. I have bipolar type II (manias are less extreme and not psychotic but depressions just as bad). It took me some time to piece things together, but when I had my first really intense episode of elevated mood is when I got hooked on Scn. While euphoric, energetic and impulsive, pretty much anything can seem like a good idea. :no:

Didn't take me long to crash, though, while on auditing. That really scared me, I had never felt so horrible, like my soul was sucked into a black hole. This is where I really got hooked. After all, Scn had the answers to everything, right? I couldn't think of anywhere else to turn.

So I kept going with basic courses and auditing and purif. Sometimes I was sparkly and sometimes I was a mess. I'm bipolar, duh. :duh: It wasn't quite that I didn't have gains, I did, but also terrible experiences, especially with the objective processes. I would go into dissociative states that were quite frightening, to me and to people around me. There is no way they didn't know I was pretty nuts, but I was recruited to staff and put in HCO. :p

Things went more or less downhill from there. Lack of sleep and shitty food and general org chaos didn't help, I now know that regular sleep is crucial to me. The low point was the 1983 DPF in Copenhagen. I know that for some of you tough guys who have done 5 years on the RPF, that would have been nothing, but I was messed up and hardly in the mental shape to sit on a park bench. One of the things I hated was the never-ending O/W writeups. I found it hard to focus, it didn't take long to write down the few things I could think of, and then I had to invent stuff, and then I didn't know what was true or not.

Only after I got out of the org and away from the city, associating with non-scientologists, did I start to at all recover, especially after finding the internet materials. But I still had a base of bipolar disorder topped with not-so-happy Scn stuff to dismantle, and it hasn't been all that easy.

I'm doing fine now though, especially in the areas that matter most to me, my totally amazing family and friends. And the Evil Psychs have helped me more with this than the CoS ever did.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

I can attest to the fact that scn has no business dealing with any mental issues whatsoever. In fact this is such a hot issue for me, I can actually feel my blood boil when I see these asshats condescendingly spewing their BS when a celeb dies from drugs or suicide. THEY claim to be the authorities on mental issues when in fact they probably have a higher suicide rate than any psych drug (adjusting for group size of course).

I had a "mental" issue in my late 20's and immediately turned to what I KNEW would help me (as I was raised to believe). Well, 5 years and over $100k later, I was worse off than when I started. I was so fucked up, I could feel my mind slipping away. In the end I literally had to stop my auditing. All it was doing was making it worse. It was like sitting at the controls of a large passenger plane with no training - the auditor is in the copilot seat next to you telling you there are no wrong answers yet the plane is still in a nosedive and getting closer to the ground.

What's even funnier is that they won't let anyone step foot on Flag's property if they know you have any sort of mental problem since Lisa. And not just bipolar or any of the big issues, it could be just be a bout of depression or anxiety too. But hey, they're the authority on mental health. :duh:

Not only do they claim to be the authorities on mental issues but they also include this line in their "Creed of The Church of Scientology":

"We of the Church believe:

<snipped the other BS>

"...the study of the mind and the healing of mentally caused ills should not be alienated from religion or condoned in nonreligious fields..."

FlunkYou

Patron with Honors

As usual, my story is autobiographical. I don't have very clever theories or stat reports to contribute, so I limit myself to little anecdotes.

I'm pretty sure CoS didn't make me go crazy, I think I carried the prerequisites around already. It just happened to break loose around the time I joined in my late teens, a time where it's not unusual to fall ill. I have bipolar type II (manias are less extreme and not psychotic but depressions just as bad). It took me some time to piece things together, but when I had my first really intense episode of elevated mood is when I got hooked on Scn. While euphoric, energetic and impulsive, pretty much anything can seem like a good idea. :no:

Didn't take me long to crash, though, while on auditing. That really scared me, I had never felt so horrible, like my soul was sucked into a black hole. This is where I really got hooked. After all, Scn had the answers to everything, right? I couldn't think of anywhere else to turn.

So I kept going with basic courses and auditing and purif. Sometimes I was sparkly and sometimes I was a mess. I'm bipolar, duh. :duh: It wasn't quite that I didn't have gains, I did, but also terrible experiences, especially with the objective processes. I would go into dissociative states that were quite frightening, to me and to people around me. There is no way they didn't know I was pretty nuts, but I was recruited to staff and put in HCO. :p

Things went more or less downhill from there. Lack of sleep and shitty food and general org chaos didn't help, I now know that regular sleep is crucial to me. The low point was the 1983 DPF in Copenhagen. I know that for some of you tough guys who have done 5 years on the RPF, that would have been nothing, but I was messed up and hardly in the mental shape to sit on a park bench. One of the things I hated was the never-ending O/W writeups. I found it hard to focus, it didn't take long to write down the few things I could think of, and then I had to invent stuff, and then I didn't know what was true or not.

Only after I got out of the org and away from the city, associating with non-scientologists, did I start to at all recover, especially after finding the internet materials. But I still had a base of bipolar disorder topped with not-so-happy Scn stuff to dismantle, and it hasn't been all that easy.

I'm doing fine now though, especially in the areas that matter most to me, my totally amazing family and friends. And the Evil Psychs have helped me more with this than the CoS ever did.

To add insult to injury, I felt like it was my fault the tech didn't work. I was constantly looking for ow's and ways to take responsibility for my condition.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

To add insult to injury, I felt like it was my fault the tech didn't work. I was constantly looking for ow's and ways to take responsibility for my condition.

What you said is an indicator that the tech did work. Well, not exactly as we expected it would, but it did work as intended.

It made you feel that you were the reason that you were not getting results, and that was by design.

As Jefferson Hawkins said in a comment at Tony O's blog...

"...when the results failed to materialize, you get the reasons, the excuses, the justifications.

And Scientologists, like Hubbard, become masters at explaining away the lack of results."

http://tonyortega.org/2013/01/11/blogging-dianetics-part-2-the-state-of-clear/

Leland

Crusader

Needless to say....the Cult and Hubtard made up a "structure"....to think with...and to "communicate" to other cult members....such as the D of P and Supervisiors and such....and each other.

You don't get angry....you have an "arc break"

You don't have the hots for a cute girl....you have "high affinity...."

Your head doesn't feel right? ........you have "mass" or a "stuck picture"

You don't have money to pay for your next level?........you're "down stat" or a DB....of some sort.

and many many more.

This structure to think with ....to have "arc" with others....was mandatory to communicate with.

This structure just didn't work as a one size fit all.....or cover all the bases...so to speak....

It narrowed down one's ability to think, to communicate....to solve one's problems....to live ones' life.

Of course no one out side of the Cult would have any idea what the hell you were talking about either.....

So one became a cult "member" .....one became a scientologist....worsening the problems one was having...living life.

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

This is why $cientology is dangerous - it dammages people and then they make them feel they are wrong and somehow evil - degraded being of no value for the group.

$cientology and indoctrinated $cientologists don't have a clue of what it is to take responsibility. They confuse it with guiltyness and shame.

Anyone who admit having a problem and demanding help to solve it, is responsible. When he\she realize it's the wrong place and leaves to seek help somewhere else, it is a responsible decision of a responsible being

Looking within oneselve, facing truth, leaving aside any magical thinking, any salvator guru or pseudo magical spiritual steps, admit that it takes work and effort in adressing a condition to heal it or better it, confronting the fear, is courageous , it's even more courageous when people face a diagnosis of a lifetime condition that nobody knows how to cure, while they have to learn to cope with it and make to comfortable living. It's couragoeus to face it without any magical thinking,

$cientology has magic solutions to cure and heal anything - so when it doesn't work it's your fault - that way you will agree to pay more and more to get more and more endless corrections, on correction of faulty processing.

$cientology is a process to lock up instrospection and critical thinking abilities. It inhibit the will to take responsibility of your life as they take charge of you, for every single part of your mind, thinking, decision, behavior, opinion... I know some $cientologists who will stay in the cult for this, as they can't make decision by themselve, neither decide how to conduct their life, they need a guru, a bible, a therapist, and even an abuser (senior - MAA - justice) which result in making their living a misery life in addiction to abuse, isolated from real life and people, instead of helping one to cope with real life issues.

This is what $cientology can achieve - make people miserable, in any way - so at least, when no more money is left, they can make good slave - they don't even try to escape, as the world outside is dangerous, they don't have relatives anymore. Wog life is full of sp's , degraded, dangerous and yourself is infested with demoniac entities that you desperately need to address ..
but no more money - no more candies!

When you fall sick, collapse, you are discarded without any sorrow, as you are not productive, not of any value for the cult of Scamology! They would appreciate you discard your degraded meat body as an ethical being as you are depriving your relatives from their inheritance they could give back to the Cult. You can be assure there will be a ''minister of the cult'' to volunteer for helping you to get the fu...out of this meat body.

Your mind had been successfully shaped as a paranoid mind. You see thing that doesn't exist, and you are blind to the reality.

I wonder why people go nuts and crazy!

This is the price $cientologist pay, soon or later, for not being responsible of conducting their own life ang giving command to a UFO cult, sociopath guru and retard cultists.

Last edited:

catarina

PTS Type III

Oh yes!

Sadly, it didn't take me long to pick up the paranoia against other ways to deal with problems. I had also lost touch with my small family and old friends. Another sad circumstance is that psychology and psychiatry were less developed than now, still those big asylums where people could be locked up for years, which would not have benefitted me. Fortunately, by the time I finally challenged my fears and asked for medical help, the situation was not that harsh.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron

Great op - best thread on ESMB for ages.:yes:

Now waiting for OSAOSAOSA to barrage with rubbish threads to derail this discussion.:angry::angry:

I saw many, many folk go "Type III" while I was on staff and in NarCONon - all of them basically good people who stopped eating, sleeping and doing the usual human necessities and became convinced they'd achieved some "higher state."

One of my first jobs as a newbie staff was to babysit a guy who'd been audited by the very best auditor in the org and now decided he was beyond Clear and had gone right to the top of the "Grade Chart" - all because he'd "gone exterior" in a session.

I even C/Sed a few of these later in my career as a C/S - NONE ever recovered to "normality" that I can recall - THAT is what makes this thread so dangerous to the OSAspawn.:duh:

Hubbard's responsibility in this is total - He set up this labyrinth of "processing" and "policy" that just forwarded whatever brain-farts He was having at the time, told us all we maybe could be as big a being as He was IF we did exactly as He said and then threw us all into the endless contradiction of "we-once-were-gods."

Every Type III I ever dealt with had delusions of ability that were just not matched in reality. Some had this in enormous quantities, others were just trying to be Superman while actually sleep-deprived and malnourished to a frightening degree.

Trying to emulate a malignant narcissist personality will do that to you IMO.

I'm expecting a barrage of rubbish "introductions" and other such noise to keep this thread off the top of ESMB. THIS is the obvious "Tech doesn't work but is actually harmful by REAL statistic" that Davey and His minions are so shit-scared of.

Lisa McP (RIP :rose:) was not the only victim who paid the ultimate price. Sanity lost then life taken.

This is why ....

renegade

Silver Meritorious Patron

Thank you for this! The Emperor has no clothes!

There was only one person in our field who kept on saying, "I want results! I don't have the EP of the rundown!" and was quickly shut up with a declare.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron

I have my own thoughts about this one Sindy based on my own experiences, consequent research, and therapy, since leaving the cult.

Scientology hammers at the neurological processes going on in the brain. All the drilling and repetitive processing alters the "firings in the brain". It is simply b/s that the brain has nothing to do with the mental health of a person. Brain matters!

My brain went into heavy overload when I had a huge shift in perspective about spiritual freedom and what I had been involved with in scientology for 2x decades. I had what others might call a mental breakdown. I could not function. I could no longer read, do crosswords, understand what others were saying (my speech was also affected), and various other neurological symptoms. This is neurological overload, similar to a stroke but without the physical injury to the brain. I had my brain scanned to check I had not had a stroke and all good, my brain is intact.

If you keep hammering someone with things designed to change their behaviour, their thoughts, their beliefs about themselves, life, etc, you alter the neurological processes going on in the brain. I wish I could actually explain what it was like to observe this in myself as the scientology installed concepts/programming snapped - it was terrifying but also fascinating. My "blessing" was I understood mind-control having studied it as part of my CCHR work. Irony!

Scientology methods are fast and furious. Go, go, go. Get those stats up, intensives of auditing, go, go, go. This shifts things too fast for many people and creates a crisis in the neurological system. Basically the brain misfires, big time, hence the anxiety, etc. It induces breaks with reality - dissociation. The "lucky" one's don't snap and instead waddle and waffle through life with a head-full of thoughts which are not actually their own but installed concepts from the scientology drilling/training. If a person does snap (dissociate), they lose contact with their own sensations, emotions, feelings, etc, and the immediate environment. Scientology at every level (even the so-called "safe" lower stuff) potentially can induce dissociation. Too much too soon and you've got a person in crisis. The higher in scientology the person goes, the higher the risk because the concepts being forced upon the individual are wilder, weirder and given at a much faster intenser rate. Some people simply snap under that volume of impact on their neurological/nervous system. The "snap point" is dependent on factors such as resilience (fascinating subject) and others factors which I won't get into here.

I have discussed this stuff with "the psychs" and yes, the damage can be repaired. I lived it (please note: there are NO violins playing as I have turned what happened into a huge opportunity to deeply know myself) and have healed my brain, re-wired and gained deep insight into my own nervous system, neurological responses and cortisol levels (fight, flight, freeze response when threat encountered).

There are very effective therapies that "the psychs" use to heal trauma and support a person back to within a normal range of functioning, mastering their own nervous systems, etc. I am one of those people that - God knows how - trusted some professionals enough, committed myself fully to truly healing, and came back from the foggy dark messy edge.

Scientology is dangerous because it is fcuking with some very primal functions. Hubbard dismissed the value of the brain. However current research makes him look like a cave man/moron - which is exactly what he was. Hubbard was a conman - a dullard with the gift of the gab, and not much else.

I hope this makes some sense. :)

p.s. I still occasionally struggle with anything that has a repetitive similarity to the scientology training methods. It can trigger and dissociate me but I know what to do to get back to within a normal range. I am very blessed to have had some expert "psychs" give me a great "tool kit" so that I can live a healthy life. Yay for the psychs! (says the ex-CCHR girl as she laughs at the silly little man Hubbard! What a dickhead he was!)

THIS^^^^ is one of the best posts I've ever seen here - thank you so much for your honesty and eloquence.:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

For all of us who've been through this toxic cult's mindfuck, it's a long slow road to recovery. The insidious hooks Hubturd implanted in us take ages to discover even when we are searching for them. And it's mostly those who've sought out and trusted the "dreaded psychs" for help who've been able to shake off the shackles that "we" so willingly and lovingly put there because "Mankind's Greatest Friend" :)puke:) told us this was the Way to Total Freedom.:duh:

Terril park

Sponsor

Great op - best thread on ESMB for ages.:yes:

Now waiting for OSAOSAOSA to barrage with rubbish threads to derail this discussion.:angry::angry:

I saw many, many folk go "Type III" while I was on staff and in NarCONon - all of them basically good people who stopped eating, sleeping and doing the usual human necessities and became convinced they'd achieved some "higher state."

One of my first jobs as a newbie staff was to babysit a guy who'd been audited by the very best auditor in the org and now decided he was beyond Clear and had gone right to the top of the "Grade Chart" - all because he'd "gone exterior" in a session.

I even C/Sed a few of these later in my career as a C/S - NONE ever recovered to "normality" that I can recall - THAT is what makes this thread so dangerous to the OSAspawn.:duh:

I've gone ext in session many times, even more outside and am normal.
As are the vast majority who go ext.

Are you extrapolating one or a few examples to all?

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron

I've gone ext in session many times, even more outside and am normal.
As are the vast majority who go ext.

Are you extrapolating one or a few examples to all?

No - just saying that this guy decided that, because HE had gone ext., he was unusually powerful (the more he thought about it) and so that he'd already reached the top of the Bridge and beyond. I've seen other triggers for a breakdown into "Type III" - this was just the first one I encountered.:yes:

The salient point is this guy BELIEVED he was now superhuman due to cult practices. His experience had led him to believe he was an all-powerful being now "liberated" from the shackles of Homo sapiens and that he could now flex his "theta" muscles and do superhuman things:omg:

He couldn't eat or sleep without being reminded. And then he had to be coerced into it. He didn't need that "MEST" stuff anymore - he was "OT." :screwy:

He was the first. I saw a LOT more casualties of "Standard Tehc" with "rave (literally) results" after that. Different triggers, same results.:grouch:

ps - I too used to "go Ext" all the time. I don't now (conscious decision that I didn't think it was real and so I stopped deluding self) and feel much better for it. I'm in the now and love it.

Your mileage may vary :D

Status
Not open for further replies.