What's new

How many people went type III (ie. had a Psychotic Break) in your org?

Status
Not open for further replies.

renegade

Silver Meritorious Patron
Every now and then, a person on lines went type III in our org. It was way too many for what I thought was the "only workable tech" on the planet. Excuses were made of course, and it was hushed up among the staff.

I am curious if this happened at other orgs and how frequently it occurred. I thought it happened only in our org and the auditor was poorly trained. S/he seemed to have a lot of pcs that went crazy. But because of the lack of trained tech terminals, s/he was quickly "repaired" and put back in the auditors chair.

OR is it simply the tech that makes someone spin in? Auditors do not need to be certified by law to give the general public mental therapy and I feel that is dangerous. Even a CPA has to be certified by law to do your business accounting, a painter, or contractor needs to obtain a license to service the general public.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Re: How many people went type III in your org?

Every now and then, a person on lines went type III in our org. It was way too many for what I thought was the "only workable tech" on the planet. Excuses were made of course, and it was hushed up among the staff.

I am curious if this happened at other orgs and how frequently it occurred. I thought it happened only in our org and the auditor was poorly trained. S/he seemed to have a lot of pcs that went crazy. But because of the lack of trained tech terminals, s/he was quickly "repaired" and put back in the auditors chair.

OR is it simply the tech that makes someone spin in? Auditors do not need to be certified by law to give the general public mental therapy and I feel that is dangerous. Even a CPA has to be certified by law to do your business accounting, a painter, or contractor needs to obtain a license to service the general public.

You might not have read one of my old posts, and it would be hard to find amongst my prodigious blatherings.

I was the Examiner at ASHO day, round about the time John Lennon was murdered. Can you believe they actually had a memorial in the chapel?

One day, this guy walks in for an exam as dozens did every day, picks up the cans.....and slamms his head on the table!

I swear, my meter jumped an inch. I think my 'TR's' were helped out by shock.

As I sat there, vainly trying to keep up with the fast torrent of insanity that came spewing out of this guys mouth, I watched as a huge purple network of busted veins on this dude's forehead slowly became a huge purple bump. The guy didn't seem to feel it at all. The stuff he was saying was obscene and violent, perverted and disturbing in the extreme. Craziest shit I ever heard in my life, before or after. Then he mellowed out, and left.

The other weird thing -the weirdest in my opinion- was what this guys needle was doing. I'd read the discriptions of a 'stage four' needle, but never saw anything close in months on the meter. This was textbook. A slow, steady climb, a freeze, then an abrupt fall back to the original T.A., then repeated. This is paraphrased, it's been over 30 years.

It was repeating over and over. I thought my meter had malfunctioned from the shock, but it worked fine later. It was mechanical, unlike anything I ever saw before or after. Slow rise, stick, abrupt fall. same frequency, same T.A. Admittedly, I only worked with an e-meter every day eight hours, five days a week for a year and a half, so if I'd stuck around, I might have seen that again.

WTF does this mean, and how does it happen biologically? Who knows? Hubbard never gave an explanation for it, he simply described it.

Last edited:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

It certainly happened in London Org, But we all knew that psyches sent in PDH'd and LSD'd weirdos programmed to go crazy. They did it to make scn look bad. Sounds perfectly believable to me.:eyeroll:

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious

renegade, for those of us who do not know, could you please describe - using specific examples if possible - what "going Type III" actually means. Or meant to you at the time?

I've seen this expression used but I've never actually seen a description of what was going on.

I am talking about things like:

Having an anxiety attack vs. hallucinating, etc.
Sitting and crying vs. curled into a fetal position, screaming and making guttural noises
Becoming uncommunicative vs. running down the street ripping one's clothing off

I'm interested in actual witnessed events.

renegade

Is the tech capable of making someone go crazy? I don't think Lisa McPhereson had any psych history.

Pretty scary if you ask me, that people are risking their sanity by doing auditing.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

renegade, for those of us who do not know, could you please describe - using specific examples if possible - what "going Type III" actually means. Or meant to you at the time?

I've seen this expression used but I've never actually seen a description of what was going on.

Sitting and crying vs. curled into a fetal position, screaming and making guttural noises

There was one guy in London who the c/s had decided needed to have opro by dup ran to ep even if all night. It was early in the morning when he backed downstairs in his underwear holding a knife to keep his auditor away, he backed out of the plate glass front door and ran to the police station. He wasn't shouting, but he didn't seem too coherent, the police didn't believe a word he said he was quite disturbed.

renegade

One person started talking incoherently. S/he kept smiling and made no sense at all and could not respond but kept blathering.

Another had to be watched 24 hours, kept crying and could not leave the house, or be anywhere near her small child.

Another could not talk or go to work, stayed at home naked and did not care who saw them that way when visitors came to give assists.

Another freaked out and said they saw the devil and ran from the org never to return.

Another ended up in a psych ward and was catatonic.

Another got paranoid and got fired from their job.

Need more? There was more too.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather

'Going type three' paints with a broad brush as far as what it means;

Total psychotic break

Freaking out

Losing it

Bat-shit crazy

Nervous breakdown

I'm out of my mind right now, please leave a message

Get it?

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather

Is the tech capable of making someone go crazy? I don't think Lisa McPhereson had any psych history.

Pretty scary if you ask me, that people are risking their sanity by doing auditing.

I met Lisa at a New Years event at flag back in the day. She came pre-fragile, I would bet. Do you really want to know how that evil stuff happens? It's when the natural reproductive process is interfered with, especially early in a child's life.

The real problem with the cult and Lisa McPherson is that Laffy's drivel could never really help seriously mentally injured people. It was institutionalized incompetence. I know, I worked for them for years. It was all bluff and con. It only served to boost peoples egos. 'Look how far up the bridge I am!'

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron

'Going type three' paints with a broad brush as far as what it means;

Total psychotic break

Freaking out

Losing it

Bat-shit crazy

Nervous breakdown

I'm out of my mind right now, please leave a message

Get it?
Hmmm.... interesting.... now can this questionaire be extended to:

"How many people [STRIKE]went[/STRIKE] who were type III went in your org ? "

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

Renegade,

The expression ''going type 3'' you are using was often used in my org. At that time, it meant any mental breakdown, psychotic break, going nuts, crazy, etc..

This was happening often in my org to see normal people, without any psychiatric history have a mental breakdown or a 1st psychotic break while being on processing, book one auditing, or ethics handling. Usually you don't see them as they are put on baby watch and in hiding very fast - for pr, image and legal purpose.
Some people may think these were fragile people - but some were the toughest guy I tought. Some avoid a breakdown by putting themselve in a ''robotic'' mode while the mental avoid pressure - I've seen it with some people on RPF - very much robotic - zombies :unsure:

In fact, this abnormal amount of people loosing it, under heavy pressure, ethics, processing, justice made me left the cult, when this heavy pressure had been put on me for refusing to comply on ethics and C\S orders to admit crimes I didn't commit.This became a very dark world where I could only loose if being true.

I've seen OT7 coming back from the AO and being on the edge..very bad indicators :unsure:

I never seen in my life such rate of mental breakdown in an environment.

* I wonder who's the common suppressive being they have been in touch with ????

tips: Not DM - as it happened prior to his raise in the cult!

To LRH :clap: (he was a genius - in the field of mindfuck and destroying human beings)
To the successfull tech to handle human for case change :clap:

Last edited:

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather

Renegade,

The expression ''going type 3'' you are using was often used in my org. At that time, it meant any mental breakdown, psychotic break, going nuts, crazy, etc..

This was happening often in my org to see normal people, without any psychiatric history have a mental breakdown or a 1st psychotic break while being on processing, book one auditing, or ethics handling. Usually you don't see them as they are put on baby watch and in hiding very fast - for pr, image and legal purpose.
Some people may think these were fragile people - but some were the toughest guy I tought. Some avoid a breakdown by putting themselve in a ''robotic'' mode while the mental avoid pressure - I've seen it with some people on RPF - very much robotic - zombies :unsure:

In fact, this abnormal amount of people loosing it, under heavy pressure, ethics, processing, justice made me left the cult, when this heavy pressure had been put on me for refusing to comply on ethics and C\S orders to admit crimes I didn't commit.This became a very dark world where I could only loose if being true.

I've seen OT7 coming back form the AO and being on the edge..very bad indicators :unsure:

I never seen in my life such rate of mental breakdown in an environment.

To LRH :clap: (he was a genius - in the field of mindfuck and destroying human beings)
To the successfull tech to handle human for case change :clap:

Wow. This 'validates' my theory of the what the cult really is.

Thank you

renegade

Hmmm.... interesting.... now can this questionaire be extended to:

"How many people [STRIKE]went[/STRIKE] who were type III went in your org ? "

That is a good question. I never doubted anyone who made it past the arrivals interview which asked about their mental history.

That just means that the interviewer was not qualified or trained correctly to spot this. The interview was done several times when routing onto new services or arriving at higher orgs like the AOLA, ASHO, Freewinds or Flag.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather

That is a good question. I never doubted anyone who made it past the arrivals interview which asked about their mental history.

That just means that the interviewer was not qualified or trained correctly to spot this. The interview was done several times when routing onto new services or arriving at higher orgs like the AOLA, ASHO, Freewinds or Flag.

Well, all I can tell you is, if the guy slams his head on the table while holding the cans, and spews what sounds like the verbal equivalent of a Hieronymus Bosch painting, you probably shouldn't pass him.

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron

I thought we were talking about the "local org", a Class IV (now Class V) org. There was not done any interview for book sales, Div6-courses or even the academy. Staff were happy with every sold book, course, etc.... and then is the question, how many of the staff were [STRIKE]"type III"[/STRIKE] bat-shit crazy....

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather

I thought we were talking about the "local org", a Class IV (now Class V) org. There was not done any interview for book sales, Div6-courses or even the academy. Staff were happy with every sold book, course, etc.... and then is the question, how many of the staff were [STRIKE]"type III"[/STRIKE] bat-shit crazy....

Only 'Ron' knows, and he aint tellin' 'Misc'.

Really? You need more definitions of insanity?

Don't worry, your cult has an unlimited supply.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

I've seen a known type 3 (person having several psychotics break while on services)
been sold services from a flag tour. They knew the type 3 condition - the person had been registered on a service ( a rundown ) and flew to Flag.

I knew quite well this person . It has been a mess at flag.

If we could know all the details of the dark stories of people completely fucked-up it would be too much and overwhelming. I am certain there is thousands and thousands of these ''banal'' stories about ''such degraded'' ''criminal'' beings

renegade

In every Class V org, there is a routing form to start a major service, auditing or course. One of the steps is to verify that the person has not had any psych history or is connected to someone antagonistic to Scn. The person has to pass this check to route onto service. IIRC it was the A-J check along with the illegal pc check.

In Div 6, the same check is done for Intro auditing but not for a Div 6 course. At that time, we could not allow an illegal pc to receive intro auditing.

I brought up the Advanced org's meter checks simply because some of the public from our org had issues with going type III further up the bridge.

As for the staff, yes, you had to be a little "crazy" to join our teeny tiny org, work extra long hours due to lack of staff, get no pay, suffer abuse, etc. The staff did not have any time to get auditing or go on course due to moonlighting.
However there was one instance of a staff member going type III. S/he loved to self-audit and would go thru the lists in the red vols.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

I've seen a known type 3 (person having several psychotics break while on services)
been sold services from a flag tour. They knew the type 3 condition - the person had been registered on a service ( a rundown ) and flew to Flag.

I knew quite well this person . It has been a mess at flag.

If we could know all the details of the dark stories of people completely fucked-up it would be too much and overwhelming. I am certain there is thousands and thousands of these ''banal'' stories about ''such degraded'' ''criminal'' beings

I had heard stories of a guy at flag on some kind of type three rundown, naked and flinging his own excrement around and being constantly watched. it always seemed odd that flag would try and deal with stuff it had no understanding of. The 'handlings' always seemed idiotic to me.

Anyone who mentioned being aware of disembodied thetans also got the secret international sign for 'bonkers' which I thought was a bit odd. I thought we were supposed to be aware of dead people.

renegade

I had heard stories of a guy at flag on some kind of type three rundown, naked and flinging his own excrement around and being constantly watched. it always seemed odd that flag would try and deal with stuff it had no understanding of. The 'handlings' always seemed idiotic to me.

Anyone who mentioned being aware of disembodied thetans also got the secret international sign for 'bonkers' which I thought was a bit odd. I thought we were supposed to be aware of dead people.

I am surprised Flag took on this pc. I've heard of public getting turned down for service because they were simply out-ethics or pts or had a suicide attempt or thoughts. And that is AFTER they fully paid up for services at Flag!

Status
Not open for further replies.