What's new

how many world leaders match Hubbard?

Ever wonder if all world leaders are cut from the same cloth as Hubbard?

Take, Fidel, please....

Biographer Leycester Coltman described Castro as "fiercely hard-working, dedicated[,] loyal... generous and magnanimous" but noted that he could be "vindictive and unforgiving". He asserted that Castro "always had a keen sense of humor and could laugh at himself" but could equally be "a bad loser" who would act with "ferocious rage if he thought that he was being humiliated."[346] Castro was well known for throwing tantrums, and could make "snap judgements" which he refused to back down from.[347] Biographer Peter Bourne noted that Castro "suffers fools poorly" and that in his younger years he was intolerant of those who did not share his views.[348] He claimed that Castro liked to meet with ordinary citizens, both in Cuba and abroad, but took a particularly paternal attitude toward Cubans, treating them as if "they were a part of his own giant family."[349] British historian Alex Von Tunzelmann commented that "though ruthless, [Castro] was a patriot, a man with a profound sense that it was his mission to save the Cuban people".
wiki

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Hubbard was never a world leader. He had followers, he had the 'yes' men. Anyone with no critics and a team of worshippers can be a little crazy, or completely bonkers. Alpha male gorillas can be pretty unhinged too.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Hubbard never even achieved the popularity of some popular communists.

1008-large-Che-Guevara.jpg

How many Scns walk around in public with an LRH t-shirt? Or a DM shirt? Or even a shirt with DMSMH on the cover?

Scientology is, to a large extent with public who have to mingle with non-Scientologists, a "closet" religion.

Maria Cuervo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Fidel before his rise was a boring big mouth who used to go to my father's work daily and talk to him for hours about his views. And my father could talk back to him then. But once he was in charge, he put my father in jail for saying the same things. Holding onto power may require ruthless elements and responses to others. I do know there were ruthless elements in his group who killed as needed to achieve a goal. Not just from reading it, which I have, but from a friend in Tampa area who was in that group, who later moved to Florida and became a US citizen and dropped out of being an revolutionary. Just like hippies grew up to be real estate agents, this revolutionary became a property developer. He told me many famous and less known stories, most of them gruesome.

What amazes me is how Fidel was viewed before and after. Before he was a loud mouth political know it all my father knew from law school, then he ordered people jailed or killed. One of my cousins committed suicide in one of Fidel's jail after she received a life sentence. She was a beautiful girl, only 23 or so. Her husband was a Japanese WWII general. On hearing of her demise he committed seppeku.

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
That you would think of Hubbard as a world leader leaves me speechless & saddened.

Really? Are you serious? You're struck dumb and made sad by another poster's apparently-casual comment about anything? What happens when you hear about a kitten being mistreated: you get hospitalized?

Sheesh.

Paul

Maria Cuervo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Really? Are you serious? You're struck dumb and made sad by another poster's apparently-casual comment about anything? What happens when you hear about a kitten being mistreated: you get hospitalized?

Sheesh.

Paul

At least if Gizmo was struck dumb he does not lack 'tone' sense [the sadness]
so we are spared from having to rush him to be treated for tone-deaf as well as the struck dumb syndrome.

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron

Sheesh.

Paul

Just out of curiosity, how would you describe the "struck" you just had there?

Fidel before his rise was a boring big mouth who used to go to my father's work daily and talk to him for hours about his views. And my father could talk back to him then. But once he was in charge, he put my father in jail for saying the same things. Holding onto power may require ruthless elements and responses to others. I do know there were ruthless elements in his group who killed as needed to achieve a goal. Not just from reading it, which I have, but from a friend in Tampa area who was in that group, who later moved to Florida and became a US citizen and dropped out of being an revolutionary. Just like hippies grew up to be real estate agents, this revolutionary became a property developer. He told me many famous and less known stories, most of them gruesome.

What amazes me is how Fidel was viewed before and after. Before he was a loud mouth political know it all my father knew from law school, then he ordered people jailed or killed. One of my cousins committed suicide in one of Fidel's jail after she received a life sentence. She was a beautiful girl, only 23 or so. Her husband was a Japanese WWII general. On hearing of her demise he committed seppeku.
Holy crap! I enjoyed listening to some fiction books on tape by William Buckley Jr, - some spy novels he wrote, and he painted them, Castro, Che et al, as a pretty nasty bunch. They are really nice reads, being set during the time of the Cuban Missile crises and the cold war.

See You Later Alligator (Blackford Oakes Novel)

Set in Havana in 1961, it places Oakes in the middle of a conspiracy with Che Guevara to bring about an era of detente in East/West relations. When Oakes is betrayed in a clever double-cross, he is trapped in Cuba and the stage is set for a dandy adventure.

This is the first of Buckley's books that I have read and it was a real treat. This book is so good in a variety of ways that I think it deserves five stars. It is a combination of good story-telling, historical information, compelling characters (including those taken from real life), clear writing, and intrigue. These elements are combined smoothly into a very entertaining and easy to read tale. The book starts with the thoughts of President Kennedy and ends with Johnson in the Oval Office. The story provides a fascinating glimpse of Cuba in the 1960's, starring Castro and Guevara. There is plenty of suspense to keep the pages turning, but the pace and tone are very even - not a run of peaks and valleys. Even the dedication and acknowledgements were interesting. It was fun!

1182967.jpg

That you would think of Hubbard as a world leader leaves me speechless & saddened.
Me thinketh thou art readeth too much into mine statement, forsooth, it sayeth not that Hubbard, resideth on that lofty plain frequented by the scions of the Lord himself, before whom, we must be on bended knee.

Thine faithful scribe,

Mimsey of Borogrove

fhd998SIL_Antony_Sher_001.jpg

Last edited:

Jump

Operating teatime
how many criminal scam artists match Hubbard?

I vote for a new thread

how many criminal scam artists match Hubbard?

Jump

Operating teatime
Re: how many criminal scam artists match Hubbard?

Hubbard and Scn never came close to matching Bernie Madoff's con, which wound up with $65 BILLION missing from accounts.

OK, Madoff wins there on cash, but I think Hubbard beats Madoff on the other scam points of slave labour hours, induced psychoses, forced abortions, ruined families, foregone education, suicides, wasted lives.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

Sheesh.

Paul

LOL ! Some would say I was dumb long ago.

But your jumping to the conclusion of ' struck dumb ' does sort of remind me of a group whose members are world class a jumping to conclusions.

Perhaps for you, when someone considers Hubbard in the same class a world leaders that is things as they should be.

Sir, I defer to your superior position on this matter.

PS - I not only like kittens but full grow cats, too. I confess I consider mistreatment of kittens - or most any animals- as not acceptable.
However, as a result of recent rains we have a hone invasion by ants & I have declared a State of War & personally killed thousands upon thousands of them ( without sorrow or regret ).
No hospitalization has yet been required.
While it is true ants will not cross a chalk line I prefer to kill 'em for being in my house. Am I evil ?

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Me thinketh thou art readeth too much into mine statement, forsooth, it sayeth not that Hubbard, resideth on that lofty plain frequented by the scions of the Lord himself, before whom, we must be on bended knee.

Thine faithful scribe,

Mimsey of Borogrove

fhd998SIL_Antony_Sher_001.jpg

Guilty as charged.

I have my moments - both good . . . . . . . . . . . . . and bad.

PS : Doctor Hubbard while not the only bat shit crazy person in the world still stands out among the bat shit crazies as a completely bat shit crazy one.

A better question might be " What did Doctor Hubbard touch that he didn't ruin " ?
or
" Why Doctor Hubbard failed miserably as a human being "
or
" How Doctor Hubbard exhibited how life is with unhandled evil purposes and evil intentions "
or
" How the world would have been better off if there was never a Doctor L. Ron Hubbard "

Last edited:
Guilty as charged.

I have my moments - both good . . . . . . . . . . . . . and bad.

PS : Doctor Hubbard while not the only bat shit crazy person in the world still stands out among the bat shit crazies as a completely bat shit crazy one.

A better question might be " What did Doctor Hubbard touch that he didn't ruin " ?
or
" Why Doctor Hubbard failed miserably as a human being "
or
" How Doctor Hubbard exhibited how life is with unhandled evil purposes and evil intentions "
or
" How the world would have been better off if there was never a Doctor L. Ron Hubbard "

How do you plan to run those processes? Repetitive? Earlier similar or listing and nulling? The first question could be a listing question:

Q: What did Doctor Hubbard touch that he didn't ruin? Lf

A: Lumbosis sf
A: A Roliflex tic
A: The Gorilla implant f
A: A Waterbuck f
A: Psychology lf
A: A dead horse LFBD F/N IND VVGIs

End of session.