Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Never, will be RPF'ed by TC

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cadet

Patron
It will never end.

The only thing that Scientology required to exist in the first place and the only thing it needs in order to continue is stupid people. Unfortunately that is a resource in ample supply.

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
It will never end.

The only thing that Scientology required to exist in the first place and the only thing it needs in order to continue is stupid people. Unfortunately that is a resource in ample supply.

I like your post, but disagree. At some point, Cof$ will no longer exist as a corporate entity or series of corporate entities. The same can be said of General Motors or MicroSoft.

Pete

cadet

Patron
I like your post, but disagree. At some point, Cof$ will no longer exist as a corporate entity or series of corporate entities. The same can be said of General Motors or MicroSoft.

Pete

Fair enough, I guess I don't really see the difference between Scientology the corporation and Scientology the concept that many others do.

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
Fair enough, I guess I don't really see the difference between Scientology the corporation and Scientology the concept that many others do.

There is the Scientology of old, which was an applied religious philosophy. It started with Ron, who, while giving the applied religious philosophy lip service, covertly never practiced it. The Cof$ is a series of corporate entities, and it runs the "Scientology religion" which is what corporate Scientology has become. Then there are independents ... most usually they are out of favor with the Cof$. The earlier ones practice the "applied religious philosophy" and the latter ones practice the "Scientology religion." If one were to differentiate between the applied religious philosophy and the religion, I would say that the first has an emphasis on results whereas the latter has an emphasis on ritual. Meanwhile, the Cof$ has an emphasis on money grubbing from its members and suing people.

Pete