How Panorama was handled

Anonycat

Crusader
I cannot vouch for the source of this email leak. It looks right, though.

--------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 25 September 2010 <TIME REMOVED>
Subject: Please read this asap - important!
To: <ADDRESSES REMOVED>

Hi Guys,

I am working with OSA to get some good PR onto online versions of the
Irish newspapers. You may or may not know that Panorama is doing a 2nd
take of their documentary on the Church a couple of years ago. This
new documentary will be aired on Tuesday night on BBC.

There will be media coverage both before and after the airing. The
majority of the coverage is expected to be on line. So therefore OSA
UK have organised a counter create on this whereby certain
Scientologist are selected to post comments/readers opinions/ratings
etc where possible next to the articles on line.
The purpose of this is so that when public google SCN or read these
articles the majority of comments/posts etc will be theta, rather then
untruths.

Here is what I need you to do:
1. I will contact you with data on where a negative article is - I
will probably text you as that will be quickest.
2. You log on to the site of the newspaper and go to the article.
Please do this as soon as possible after getting the text from me.
3. You do not necessarily have to read all the article.
4. There will be an opinions section or forum close to the article.
5. I need you to write a good roads, good weather comment here stating
some tru data about SCN - using a personal experience is good! DO NOT
take up any entheta - grant to no beingness. It is important not to
engage the opposition and get into a debate or react to provocations.
You can also if you wish deviate off the subject onto a new topic. The
concentration of your post is to fill the vacuum per PR Series 18 and
continue to talk about expansion!!!
6. When you have done - copy and paste your post and email it back to me.

If you have any questions, call me on <NUMBER REMOVED>. I know this is
total pain in the ass guys - and postulate that the Irish newspapers
don't put anything on line so we don't even have to bother!

THANKS GUYS!!

ML,

Zabrina

Explanation of the terms used, as they may be unfamiliar with those not versed in Scientology terminology.

OSA = Office of Special Affairs, the legal and public arm of the Church of Scientology.

Counter create = To create something in response to another creation, usually with the intent of destroying the first creation.

Theta = Strictly speaking this means life force, or thetan energy, which has the effect of animating or changing physical matter. The term as used in the email means good or positive.

Thetan = The consciousness that gives you your identity, the portion of you that is not physical matter.

Good roads, good weather = A technique where criticisms are avoided by talking about other more pleasant things, usually things that everyone is in agreement with (eg: drugs are bad). Quoting from Introduction to Scientology Ethics 2007 page 425 – “"good roads, good weather": communication about things activities or subjects of which everyone is in favor.”

Entheta = Enturbulated Theta. Enturbulated means to have experienced turbulence. Enturbulated theta means life force that has experienced turbulence, and is the opposite of theta. In the context of the email entheta means negative information.

Grant no beingness = To grant beingness to someone means to let them be who they are, usually done by acknowledging them or understanding them. By refusing to grant beingness the intention is to deprive the person of their beingness, and thus also rob their criticisms of any beingness too. It is an attempt to refuse to acknowledge another person and the content of their speech.

PR Series 18 = This is a reference to a Hubbard management policy titled ‘How To Handle Black Propaganda’. You can get it in full here:
PR Series 18: http://www.mediafire.com/?fp6tjjdc2ee62n7

Continue to talk about expansion = Quoting from part 20 of ‘Handling the Press’ by David Gaiman and Jane Kember: “20. The press never does its homework. It looks up old bad press, and rehashes it. So, when you get an attack, and reporters arrive to assess your reaction, tell them how much good this publicity is doing for Scientology – and state how much they are helping our expansion and new membership – quote figures which are uncheckable.”
Full letter is available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?bnxj0rmcx0s1bx1

Copy and paste your post and email it back to me = Reporting compliance is necessary when compiling the stats.

Postulate = A decision made by the individual himself to resolve a problem or to set a pattern for the future or to nullify a pattern of the past. The intention here is to manifest a postulate into reality by willing it.

Human Again

Silver Meritorious Patron
I reads pretty real.

Does anyone here have time/resource to find the "negatve articles" that Zabrina will be looking for? If so, we could copy and paste and post this very email as an answer each time they put on good roads fair weather post. I expect point 3. "You do not necessarily have to read all the article" will effectively "dead agent" every word they say. :)

If someone has time to find them there is an army here who would happily jon in the game, right?

Hi Guys,

untruths.

THANKS GUYS!!

ML,

Zabrina

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
I reads pretty real.

Does anyone here have time/resource to find the "negatve articles" that Zabrina will be looking for? If so, we could copy and paste and post this very email as an answer each time they put on good roads fair weather post. I expect point 3. "You do not necessarily have to read all the article" will effectively "dead agent" every word they say. :)

If someone has time to find them there is an army here who would happily jon in the game, right?

Somw WWPers already did that here :D

Anonycat

Crusader
I reads pretty real.

If someone has time to find them there is an army here who would happily join in the game, right?

I usually just Google 'Scientology' and then hit news. You can also set a Google alert to notify you when something breaks. It isn't hard to find blogs and news releases that they'd like to -- and do leave comments at. It would be nice to start a list here, from those who've found some sites with comments.

Last edited:

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
SOP, but it still makes me mad.

You don't need to understand the context... just tell everyone how great Scientology is, regardless. That pretty much sums up the Church for the last quarter century: out of touch with reality and convinced that an unobtainable end justifies increasingly unethical means.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Here's some links to stories about the BBC Special that contain sections in which anyone can post comments. In some of these you must first register prior to posting a comment:

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/the-staggers/2010/09/scientology-church-internet

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/punctuated-equilibrium/2010/sep/29/4

http://watchwithmothers.net/2010/09/29/panorama-the-secrets-of-scientology/

http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/842399-the-secrets-of-scientology-are-frightening-and-numerous

http://www.suite101.com/content/john-sweeney-vs-scientology---the-rematch-a290878

Another thing we can do is go to ANY online article about scientology and suggest in the "comments" section that they watch the BBC special, and give them the link of course. As has already been mentioned, a good way to find these is just Google "Scientology" using the News tab (not the regular web search). I've done this in the past and would comment on the actual article and then promote some anti-cult book, the SP Times articles, or whatever. And just provide them the link or at least indicate how to find it.

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for those links.

Yup---SOP for the OSA ops.

Don't ya just love, "you don't really have to read it" :D:lol:

That IS why they look like morons, every time.

My best,

Tory/Magoo

Veda

Sponsor
SOP, but it still makes me mad.

You don't need to understand the context... just tell everyone how great Scientology is, regardless. That pretty much sums up the Church for the last quarter century: out of touch with reality and convinced that an unobtainable end justifies increasingly unethical means.

The first half of this video is an excerpt from a CBS '60 Minutes' program from 1980, and concerns events from the 1970s.

At 6:30, a group of upstat Scientologists are interviewed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRDcS5K2sJM

Big Farmer

Patron with Honors
I do a search most days for breaking news on Scientology via Google. It's been almost a week since the programme aired and finally after multiple frantic attempts by CoS using its PRweb news(what a misnomer) website they have managed to dislodge the story from being the top web search result. So sad on so many levels.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh this is fabulous

Hi Guys,

untruths.

THANKS GUYS!!

ML,

Zabrina

Explanation of the terms used, as they may be unfamiliar with those not versed in Scientology terminology.

OSA = Office of Special Affairs, the legal and public arm of the Church of Scientology.

Counter create = To create something in response to another creation, usually with the intent of destroying the first creation.

Theta = Strictly speaking this means life force, or thetan energy, which has the effect of animating or changing physical matter. The term as used in the email means good or positive.

Thetan = The consciousness that gives you your identity, the portion of you that is not physical matter.

Good roads, good weather = A technique where criticisms are avoided by talking about other more pleasant things, usually things that everyone is in agreement with (eg: drugs are bad). Quoting from Introduction to Scientology Ethics 2007 page 425 – “"good roads, good weather": communication about things activities or subjects of which everyone is in favor.”

Entheta = Enturbulated Theta. Enturbulated means to have experienced turbulence. Enturbulated theta means life force that has experienced turbulence, and is the opposite of theta. In the context of the email entheta means negative information.

Grant no beingness = To grant beingness to someone means to let them be who they are, usually done by acknowledging them or understanding them. By refusing to grant beingness the intention is to deprive the person of their beingness, and thus also rob their criticisms of any beingness too. It is an attempt to refuse to acknowledge another person and the content of their speech.

PR Series 18 = This is a reference to a Hubbard management policy titled ‘How To Handle Black Propaganda’. You can get it in full here:
PR Series 18: http://www.mediafire.com/?fp6tjjdc2ee62n7

Continue to talk about expansion = Quoting from part 20 of ‘Handling the Press’ by David Gaiman and Jane Kember: “20. The press never does its homework. It looks up old bad press, and rehashes it. So, when you get an attack, and reporters arrive to assess your reaction, tell them how much good this publicity is doing for Scientology – and state how much they are helping our expansion and new membership – quote figures which are uncheckable.”
Full letter is available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?bnxj0rmcx0s1bx1

Copy and paste your post and email it back to me = Reporting compliance is necessary when compiling the stats.

Postulate = A decision made by the individual himself to resolve a problem or to set a pattern for the future or to nullify a pattern of the past. The intention here is to manifest a postulate into reality by willing it.

Thanks for the post of this, Anonycat (love your avatar:). This is a fabulous leak. :lol:

I often see the gibberish the co$ scno's leave around anything truthful (and therefore critical), that comes out. It is always obvious that the poster has not read or watched what they are talking about, and they are spilling mindless robot script.

It is laughable. How stupid they must think the 'wog' public - Oh,no :omg: - wait. They aren't posting for US, the free wog souls - or exes. They are preaching for the choir ! They don't want their own scn'ists to read/see it !

Well, then - How stupid they must think all scno's - can't handle anything - have to be spoon fed - - only one diet. And these people think they are gonna save anything (let alone the planet)?

Yo, co$/osa, the smoke screen has no smoke . . . We can see the naked midget.

:whistling:

Human Again

Silver Meritorious Patron
You are the BEST ! Thank you :D I'm off to play!

Here's some links to stories about the BBC Special that contain sections in which anyone can post comments. In some of these you must first register prior to posting a comment:

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/the-staggers/2010/09/scientology-church-internet

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/punctuated-equilibrium/2010/sep/29/4

http://watchwithmothers.net/2010/09/29/panorama-the-secrets-of-scientology/

http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/842399-the-secrets-of-scientology-are-frightening-and-numerous

http://www.suite101.com/content/john-sweeney-vs-scientology---the-rematch-a290878

Another thing we can do is go to ANY online article about scientology and suggest in the "comments" section that they watch the BBC special, and give them the link of course. As has already been mentioned, a good way to find these is just Google "Scientology" using the News tab (not the regular web search). I've done this in the past and would comment on the actual article and then promote some anti-cult book, the SP Times articles, or whatever. And just provide them the link or at least indicate how to find it.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

No wonder Gaiman was a blinking, stuttering wreck. Giving out "uncheckable" information, indeed. Lying cult bastard!