What's new

How scientology began in Russia (the way I rememer it)

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Yeah, this early translation wasn't approved by the Church.

I don't think the Church ever knew about it. The person I knew who was a part of this group came to America around 1991-1992.

I also have relatives who took the personality test in 1988-1990, probably 1990, but the center was there even earlier than that. It was in Lenningrad on the first floor of Pushkinskaya Ulitsa 25.

The Anabaptist Jacques

I first heard of a Dianetics group in Leningrad in, I believe 1981 along with another group in Prague - forgive the vague memories here but I think the group in Leningrad were supposedly in a hospital there? This is where we need some input from the old GO EU...

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
Vadim and Firedragon, do you recall a NZ guy called Nigel Gray who I believe went to Russia?

I heard the name but never been in touch. I think he was in Russia some time after I left. (I was is US from 1997 t 2003 and only had a short visit in 2002 when my mother died).

Is he Australian? - Interesting that along my path thru Scn I met many Aussies: Richard and Zee Fear,... Stan Smith, Liz Wallace, Mark Hanna, (last ones in the RPF at PAC. :lol:)
Is it because Scn in Oz has been bigger in numbers than elseplace else on the planet (in my days)? :coolwink:

I mean is it because that Scientologists in Oz were more active and making hgher stats than "the rest of the World"?
(The question is not serious here. Just something that came to my mind)

I first heard of a Dianetics group in Leningrad in, I believe 1981 along with another group in Prague - forgive the vague memories here but I think the group in Leningrad were supposedly in a hospital there? This is where we need some input from the old GO EU...

I don't know about the hospital. It could have been. But I heard the group was working in the mid-1980s

The Anabaptist Jacques

thefiredragon

Patron Meritorious
Boris was cool. He was kinda "rastafarian" guy. "We cool" he felt, and that feeling was when one was around him. Calm, easy-going kind of person. Not the type I would always feel comfortable around, but he had this "calming effect" on me (I liked his attitude. Sometmes, I need more of that).

Dima Medvedenko. That's exaclty that C/S whom I could talk to with ease (without feeling that I distract him. In fact, he was my best friend in SO. IN 2002 he was Senior C/S CIS. He had 2 assistants (both young bautifult girls). He is now not a C/S but rather FOLO/I HELP type. Got remarried. See his pix below.

Lada is beautiful. She was already there when I joined. Have no pix of her now. I might admit that I joined SO because of her (and such as her). :yes:

Dima got re-maried? :omg: What happened to Jenya? They were a perfect couple. I could not confront him, I thought I knew him from a past life and I just went crazy.He was a cramming officer, I think, back then.
Yea, Boris was cool. I would just seat in ethics room for about 3 weeks, and write and write o/ws all day long..
Do you remember Vika Clueva? She helped me a lot at some point of my life.
Then one day I was up all night putting adresses of the students in computer and by acsident deleted them,the whole night ofwork, she said it was suppersive action and we had an ARC break

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
Dima got re-maried? :omg: What happened to Jenya? They were a perfect couple. I could not confront him, I thought I knew him from a past life and I just went crazy.He was a cramming officer, I think, back then.
Yea, Boris was cool. I would just seat in ethics room for about 3 weeks, and write and write o/ws all day long..
Do you remember Vika Clueva? She helped me a lot at some point of my life.
Then one day I was up all night putting adresses of the students in computer and by acsident deleted them,the whole night ofwork, she said it was suppersive action and we had an ARC break

Yulia, you are stil using a lot of "Sciento Lingo", and it's hard for me to talk to you in normal terms people use.

Yes, Dima divorced. (whether you "confront" it or not)
I remember Vica very well. - To say "Suppressive action" was very much like her. Now she is in Israel (I think).

I don't understand anything about the fact you "had an ARC break with her". I'm lost. It means nothing to me.
What is it???

thefiredragon

Patron Meritorious
Yulia, you are stil using a lot of "Sciento Lingo", and it's hard for me to talk to you in normal terms people use.

Yes, Dima divorced. (whether you "confront" it or not)
I remember Vica very well. - To say "Suppressive action" was very much like her. Now she is in Israel (I think).

I don't understand anything about the fact you "had an ARC break with her". I'm lost. It means nothing to me.
What is it???

Ah,nothing.
Tell me what happened to OTL building in Moscow.I have heard they got shutted down and then re-opened somewhere else? Where all scns now? I only in comm with those who left the church and I don't really call them often

Terril park

Sponsor
The FZ view of scn in Russia

The idea that it was Gorbachov pushing scn in russia sounds like CO$ PR.

Was David and Shiela Gaimen brought dianetics to Russia. And from that orgs were created.

Many individuals prior to that and I'm sure after that were looking at this.

The introduction of scn into Russia was the request of Russians to
Rons Org Europe, Max Hauri and Otfried Krumholz, to come and teach scientology.

They returned and taught many the good old HQS course.

The Former Russian states have the most successful FZ activity
in the world.

Veda

Sponsor
Yes, Ron's Orgs is the most successful FZ activity in the world.

And to the some Russians, cut off from so much for so many years, Scientology must seem like a breath of fresh air.

What a deceitful dirty trick, to bring a person into Scientology with an introductory course, and eventually lead the person to:

http://galac-patra.narod.ru/index.html

thefiredragon

Patron Meritorious

The idea that it was Gorbachov pushing scn in russia sounds like CO$ PR.

Was David and Shiela Gaimen brought dianetics to Russia. And from that orgs were created.

Many individuals prior to that and I'm sure after that were looking at this.

The introduction of scn into Russia was the request of Russians to
Rons Org Europe, Max Hauri and Otfried Krumholz, to come and teach scientology.

They returned and taught many the good old HQS course.

The Former Russian states have the most successful FZ activity
in the world.
Yea, I've heard about freezone before and almost went there but when I read Dianetics there was an adress of local mission.
I was still in high school when I joined the staff. I also talked to my ex-mission holder who is out of the church now and works as an independent auditor ,she said the org in Mosckow is down , in St Peterburg is still up.
I talked to her a while back, not sure what's going on now. My mom said that
there are lost of anti-scn programs on TV all the time
---

Terril park

Sponsor
Yea, I've heard about freezone before and almost went there but when I read Dianetics there was an adress of local mission.
I was still in high school when I joined the staff. I also talked to my ex-mission holder who is out of the church now and works as an independent auditor ,she said the org in Mosckow is down , in St Peterburg is still up.
I talked to her a while back, not sure what's going on now. My mom said that
there are lost of anti-scn programs on TV all the time
---

Do you consider yourself an FZ/Independent in some way?

Mystic

Crusader
I am more interested in how scientology will end in Russia. I saw a video, many months ago, of a protest in Moscow, non-Anonymous, where some 7,000 students gathered to protest this idiot scientology cult. Seven thousand! Man O man, impressive.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
That's pretty cool.

Personally, I think Scientology is undead, and cannot be killed. I do think it can be controlled, through continuous watchdoggery, and perhaps the use of holy symbols.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I know that the CoS was sending scientologists to Russia back around 1986-87 via their Social Coordination International (SOCO INT) organization (now called ABLE ). I believe that Ron Kule (???) was going their on behalf of Social Coordination, or at least working closely in coordination with them and/or some of the Scientology front groups under it, such as Applied Scholastics, as I was there when a number of these trips were being prepared for.

Kutta

Silver Meritorious Patron
I heard the name but never been in touch. I think he was in Russia some time after I left. (I was is US from 1997 t 2003 and only had a short visit in 2002 when my mother died).

Is he Australian? - Interesting that along my path thru Scn I met many Aussies: Richard and Zee Fear,... Stan Smith, Liz Wallace, Mark Hanna, (last ones in the RPF at PAC. :lol:)
Is it because Scn in Oz has been bigger in numbers than elseplace else on the planet (in my days)? :coolwink:

I mean is it because that Scientologists in Oz were more active and making hgher stats than "the rest of the World"?
(The question is not serious here. Just something that came to my mind)

No Vadim, Nigel Gray is a New Zealander. Don't know the answer to your question abut the prominence of Australians (and NZers) in Scientology, but it is an interesting observation.

thefiredragon

Patron Meritorious
No Vadim, Nigel Gray is a New Zealander. Don't know the answer to your question abut the prominence of Australians (and NZers) in Scientology, but it is an interesting observation.

Nigel and his wife deliever lots of dianetics seminars these days,he seems to be a person of a good will but very loyal to DM.